FAQ and Updates

OnReTech

FAQ

Note: This FAQ is very much subject to change, and nothing should be construed as a "promise". This the current intention as of 27 September 2022.

Who is developing this map?

OnReTech was formed in October 2021 to develop terrains.

With more than seven years of experience creating terrains for flight simulators, including DCS, we have assembled a team of dedicated artists, engineers, researchers, and managers to create new and interesting battlefields for DCS World.

Why Sinai?

The Sinai map is of great historical importance that includes several past conflicts. The map will include different types of surfaces, large and small rivers, forests, fields, and mountains. Large and small cities, many military airfields, road and rail networks, ports will also be included. Despite large portions of desert, the map will also include greenery and forests along the Nile Delta and in Israel.

What does the Sinai roadmap include?

The project is divided into three phases in total.

Early access: first + second phase.

Map update: bonus phase with expansion of the detailed territory with 3-4 additional airfields (it's a secret for now; we're still considering which ones).

Final release: third phase

First phase 

This will Include a 1500 x 1000 km area. Of this, a 700 by 700 km will be created in high detail and accuracy. Phase 1 will include many large and small cities like Cairo and include landmarks like the pyramids of Giza. Both natural and manmade features will be included. 

Airfields of the first phase:

Egypt:

• Al Ismailiyah Air Base

• Faid

• Kibrit Air Base

• Abu Sultan

• Abu Suwayr

• As Salihiyah

• Bir Jifjafa/Malez

• Wadi al Jandali

Israel:

• Nevatim Airbase

• Hatzerim Airbase

• Ramon Airbase

• Uvda/Ovda

Second phase. 

Additional unique objects and scenery for Israel and Egypt will be added.

Airfields of the second phase:

Egypt:

• Al Mansurah

• Az Zaqaziq

• Inshas Airbase

• Cairo International Airport

• Cairo West (Almaza)

• Bilbeis Air Base

Israel:

• Sde Dov Airport

• Palmachim Airbase

• Hatzor

• Tel Nof

• Ben Gurion

Third phase.

Airfields of the third phase:

Egypt:

• Quwaysina

• Birma/Tanta Air Base

• Al Rahmaniyah

• Borg-el-Arab/Intl

• Jiyanklis New

• Gebel el Basur

• Al Khatatbah

• Kom Awshim

• Beni Suef

• Wadi Abu Rish

• El Minya

• Hurghada

• Wadi Abu Shihat

When will this map be available?

We are planning an early access release in the first quarter of 2023. This is subject to change.

How much will this map cost?

Base price - $49.99 USD

Early access - $39.99 USD

What period is this map based on?

The map is being designed to represent the 2000s to the present.

Edited by OnReTech
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 17

Dear pilots and friends.

The OnReTech team continues to work on the module. In addition to facilities and airfields, we are working to improve the quality of the terrain surface. We have implemented procedural texturing technology. We worked on the color balance and improved the visibility of details at high altitudes.

Now we are testing flights at high altitude and latest updates made the view as close to the view in real flight as it can be.

In the next step, we will focus on the foreground, add small vegetation and stones. We will add traffic and details to the roads and rivers, such as poles and trees along the roads, rivers and canals.

1.png

12.png

11.png

10.png

9.png

8.png

7.png

6.png

5.png

4.png

3.png

2.png

Edited by OnReTech
  • Like 23

Very cool the resolution of the mountains. This is the weakest point on any map. I became interested in the Sinai map.

2.png

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

Very nice! I'll happily support your work! 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Great Map - very much looking forward!

According to the long-term goal of DCS to have the whole world as a map at some point, we would now have two maps very close to each other with Sinai and Syria. There will surely be a closing of the gap at some point.

Are there already approaches to a solution as to how two independently developed maps can be joined together? I think it's not that trivial...

• Like 2

PC: Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming | AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Palit GeForce RTX 4090 Game Rock OC | 64 GB Patriot VIPER VENOM DDR5-6000

Input: Brunner CLS-E FFB Base | Thrustmaster Warthog Joystick & Throttle | Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder | WinWing Phoenix MIP (VR) - F16 ICP - PTO2 | VPC SharKA-50 Collective 

VR: HP Reverb G2

Motion-Platform: Motionsystems PS-6TM-150 | Monstertech MTX

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@madmontys6dofmotionplatfor386/featured

17 hours ago, OnReTech said:

With more than seven years of experience creating terrains for flight simulators, including DCS,

Looks wonderful and finally procedural texturing in maps of DCS. This will help everyone's performance and fidelity. 

What is the other map that you have worked on for DCS?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, willkinton247 said:

Can I ask why? The Israeli-Egyptian border has been pretty peaceful as of late. The 70s and 80s are when the interesting conflicts occurred. 

I guess it's just easier, as it is rather difficult to get satelite/aerial pictures from a certain point of time 50 years ago for such a big area.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Are airbases limited to the high detail region? If possible, consider adding some to the edges of the map (which I presume will be low detail). This will make those regions more natural to use, and even if some players may not find the areas as appealing to fly from, they can be used to launch AI flights or serve as targets for standoff weapons.

• Like 4

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

On 9/28/2022 at 12:46 PM, ViFF said:

Thanks for the update!   What about terrain below sea level -413 meters in the area of the Dead Sea Depression? Will you be able to accurately model this?

Cheers!

We will be able to model, but unfortunately the current version of the TDK does not support a surface mesh below 0 meters in areas where there is a sea or ocean.

• Like 1

On 9/28/2022 at 5:29 PM, Rapierarch said:

Looks wonderful and finally procedural texturing in maps of DCS. This will help everyone's performance and fidelity. 

What is the other map that you have worked on for DCS?

One of the members of our team, participated in the development of all DCS maps starting from the Caucasus, as well as consulting third-party maps. Many of the team were engaged in the development of models and terrains for flight simulators lot of time.

On 9/28/2022 at 7:03 PM, QuiGon said:

I guess it's just easier, as it is rather difficult to get satelite/aerial pictures from a certain point of time 50 years ago for such a big area.

completely agree

On 9/28/2022 at 7:35 PM, Foogle said:

In your map outline you include the southern tip of Cyprus, will you include the Paphos and Akrotiri airbases in this map? 

Part of Cyprus climbed by accident, because it is a rectangle (mean all map). Territory of Cyprus is not included in our plans.

• Like 2

On 9/28/2022 at 11:53 PM, Exorcet said:

Are airbases limited to the high detail region? If possible, consider adding some to the edges of the map (which I presume will be low detail). This will make those regions more natural to use, and even if some players may not find the areas as appealing to fly from, they can be used to launch AI flights or serve as targets for standoff weapons.

Thanks for the advice, we'll definitely think about it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, OnReTech said:

Part of Cyprus climbed by accident, because it is a rectangle (mean all map). Territory of Cyprus is not included in our plans.

That's really too bad, an airbase on the far side of the sea would give land based aircraft (the majority of all modules) a chance to use the northern half of the map. 

• Like 3

The high detail area should also include airports of Haifa, Ramat David ect, but these are not included in your list. Will they still be included on your map? Other people have also asked about this, but I havent found any answer. It's possible to know something about it. What Sirrah observed is fully shared by me, even for single missions, not necessarily in a campaign.

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, joker62 said:

The high detail area should also include airports of Haifa, Ramat David ect, but these are not included in your list. Will they still be included on your map? Other people have also asked about this, but I havent found any answer. It's possible to know something about it. What Sirrah observed is fully shared by me, even for single missions, not necessarily in a campaign.

Thanks in advance.

In the future we will have a map extension, this will be a decision based on user feedback

we marked the planned airfields on the map for clarity:

image.png

Edited by OnReTech
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2