About this Squadron

The mission of the 1st Virtual Air Expeditionary Wing is to simulate the experience of being part of a United States Air Combat Wing. The Wing will utilize Digital Combat Simulator (DCS) and other peripheral software to provide this experience. The primary goal of the Wing is to maintain a fun and educational environment for all pilots that join. We currently have A-10, F-16, F-18, and F-15E Squadron's. Join us at www.1staew.com
  1. What's new in this squadron
  2. Don't know if you'd be interested in an Apache rookie, But I'd love to get with a group and fly. I do need to buy the additional maps over the next few weeks and I'm having a hell of a time trying to program my X52pro, rudder paddles are no brainer. I own and have flown several heli's on DCS and the Apache is quite the challenge compared to the others but I'm practicing regularly and getting the hang of the flight controls. A could of weeks ago, actually flew a real heli at a school. Wish I would have gotten my lic. 45 years ago when I was young enough for it to matter. At $35 and 4 years to get lic. and then age 66, it's just not practical.
  3. The 1st Virtual Air Expeditionary Wing is recruiting Apache pilots! Recruits must: Be 18 years old or over Able to speak and read the English language. Have the time available to fly at least 4 hours within a calendar month. Own DCS with the Syrian, PG, NTTR, Caucus, and Mariana Islands maps. If interested please check out our website at www.1staew.com. From there you will see a link to our Discord where you can talk to one of our members about joining!
  4. Will be happy to have you out there Mike Force Team! Please go to our website www.1staew.com and join our Discord to sign up.
  5. 1st Virtual Air Expeditionary Wing Open House! As a way of giving back to the DCS community, the 1st AEW will open its doors to host a mission night on Tuesday, March 21, 2023, at 2000 hrs EST (0000 UTC) and Saturday, March 25, 2023, at 1930 EST (2330 UTC). Join us on this challenging and fun mission on the Caucuses map that will include live ATC, AWACS, and JSTARS. All are welcome. Please visit us at our website www.1staew.com for the link to our Discord to reserve your spot. We hope to see you in the virtual skies!
  6. Head on view of the mighty A-10C of the Virtual 511th Fighter Squadron. Want to join us? Visit www.1staew.com
  7. Happy New Year! A AH-64D Apache prepares for a mission. Want to join us? Visit www.1staew.com
  8. A Viper from the Virtual 1st Air Expeditionary Wing on a training sortie over the NTTR. Want to join us? Visit www.1staew.com
  9. The pilots of the 1st Virtual Air Expeditionary Wing would like to wish all of our friends in the flight sim community a Merry Christmas and Happy Holliday's!
  10. https://multistre.am/skykaptain/alexk2210/gramps511th/layout7/
  11. Members of the Virtual 100th Fighter Squadron, part of the 1st Virtual Air Expeditionary Wing, conduct aerial refueling operations. Want to join us? Please check us out at 1staew.com