if you have troubles with the AAR here are some tips which might make it easier for you
- Use ASC stab ( I recommend it unless u have a good joystick/curve setup)
- Use Autothrust. Makes your life easier ;)
- Set your HUD to the right refueling position. This will make it easier cachting the basket as you will have a HUD indicator (circle) where to point your nose.
- The HUD will also show you the speed needed to catch the basket. It is on the top left of your HUD (above your IAS number, the smaller one). It will change after you catch the basket and will show you the speed needed to keep in position.
- Try to keep the refueling pod lights on the top edge of your HUD.
- When using ASC stab, use trim. I almost exclusively use trim in AAR. Especially when the tanker turns I just trim the aircraft in the same direction. I barely touch my stick only in the beginning of a turn I use the stick to overcome the sharp and fast turn of the tanker.
- Make sure your tanker is not flying too slow. Should be around 550-600.
If you have any more questions feel free to ask:). You can also join our discord. I usually respond much faster there.