[INVESTIGATING] High Ram Usage Again

NeMoGas

do have the preload radius at max on caucasus,

for PG i lowered it below ! half, still the same issue

I recommend a PageFile no smaller than 32GB. Mine often goes to 31.5GB and sits there while RAM can go to ( and beyond ) 20+GB while flying an ordinary Mi-8 on BlueFlag, as it happened over the weekend.

Get 32GB if you can, set your PF to 32GB or larger, use SSD's wherever you can and in general, take care of your system's integrity.

Check Six

Bit

edit:I should add, mine never crashed lately, nor have I had exiting errors from DCS, no MP connection errors and no blank Server list. The only issue I have ( but fixed with a workaround ) is the TiR-60fps thing. Apart from that, it flies ;)

Edited by BitMaster

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

tested again on a rig with 128GBs ram, still the same,

i am testing at dubai international, at night with mixed ground units around there, sams ir radar, few bmps and 2 tanks,

this stutters are happening no matter if units are firing or not, it happens only low level, could it be that there is something wrong with the light poles in combination with the harrier?

now tested at daytime at dubai intl, flying very low at the airport area, NO ground units, DMT on, a-a gun mode selected, after approx 4-6min heavy stuttering and freezes start,

if i start 100 miles off the coast and fly low level till dubai marking the airport 40nm away via dmt , stutters start when right there low, e.g. when landing

looks like air to air gun mode is playing a role here, when flying low level, i massivly saw this in PG, when those stutters an freezes at low level occur ->switching master arm off and hitting the nav mode button made those stutters disappear, can some of the devs have a look into the a-a gun mode?

seems to be the villain here

note, a-a gun mode, dmt TV , very lo level gun runs e.g. over dubai intl for 4-6mins, then stutters should start

• 3 weeks later...

after a lot of testing i can now confirm:

on Persian Gulf,

with wind and turbulence,

at very low level,

the Air to Air GUN PIPER is the source of a memory leak and stutters/freezes when flying low level

i now avoid these hud mode and i am not experiencing this anymore using the A G gun mode,

so if RAZBAM want s to fix that stutters, have a look at the a a gun mode

thx

• ED Team

on Persian Gulf,

at very low level,

the Air to Air GUN PIPER is the source of a memory leak and stutters/freezes when flying low level

i now avoid these hud mode and i am not experiencing this anymore using the A G gun mode,

thx

DO you have the mission you tested this with? Would be good for me to see exactly what you are. PM me if you dont want to publicly share.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

on Persian Gulf,

at very low level,

thx

Good Job figuring this out FoxDelta... if I could give you rep I would. But I can’t. So :thumbup:

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.