DCS World roadmap update

Kate Perederko

Thanks for the update Kate. I'm disappointed to hear about the delay especially on the day of release but it is what it is. More importantly, I'm concerned about the issue with frame rates I had recently been enjoying DCS at a buttery smooth frame rate of almost 100 fps in 2K with almost all options on high. Since 2.5.6 I have lost all of that joy with framerates dropping at times to the teens. This is not acceptable and needs to be dealt with long before a new module drops. Going back to stable is not really an option as stable is almost 5 months behind in updates.

DCS Core:[ Near Term ] 2.5.6 preparation for the stable release

Near Term - we have the final list of tasks to be done before we share it in DCS World and expect delivery in less than 6 months.

So potentially 10 months (nearly a year) between Stable Updates...

Thanks for the update...but do we consider that acceptable customer support given that we're not simply talking about "New Features" but many, many bug fixes

Incidently I'm sure ED have the data on the ratio of OB/Stable Users amongst the customer base...is that information they'd feel comfortable sharing with the forum?

Airbag_signatur.png

Thank you for the comments. The multiplayer community grows and we would like to cover all cases and deliver stable product for everyone.

We do not want to restrict the usage of the SC in multiplayer.

Hornet will be released this year.

Thanks Kate....i was not complaining. I work in IT i know how these things goes. I am just a (old) child who was waiting for the new toy :) i will wait happily if that means more issues solved.

I am happy that you (and your guys) share so many info with us.

Please as many already said focus much on multithreading and Vulkan. I recently tried a beta of another sim (civilian not so interesting for us) that introduced Vulkan and the improvements in performance and fps stability were very remarkable. In particular in VR it went from unusable to very stable and enjoyable with 40 fps stable (rift s asw) and sometimes also 80fps.

In 2d very fast fps as well.

So please as i love dcs and support very much TFC, ED and their partners (look my profile on the store I spent more then 1000 euros on dcs since the a10c was in beta and have almost all fixed wing aircraft released) listen to us and give priority to some of the core aspects of the game:

Vulkan

Ai

Atc system

Performances and scalability (battles with many units)

Again i am not complaining, I really support you and i love dcs and i am happy of the improvements in the latest years.

So thanks for your hard work

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Why are ED guys ignoring the Russian A2A missiles? There have been numerous bugs posted about these missiles and none of it is fixed or even looked into, yet, all the focus is on fixing AIM-120s. Just utterly disappointing that you guys dont show any love to the Russian A2A missiles.

• ED Team
Just my 2 cents ...

For me, and i think most of the VR players, the implementation of the Vulkan engine ist the most excitement update you ever spoke about.

So if i have a choice between new modules or the implementation of the Vulkan engine .. i would prefer the Engine implementation. But i know that this is one of the hardest jobs on your to-do list .. and sadly its going to take long time until its ready.

So keep up the good stuff ...

Thank you for your comment... Sadly, Vulkan cannot be programmed by developers who are in charge of avionics and especially 3D modelers and even terrain designers. I wish they could. I just cannot allocate everyone to integrate Vulkan.

Thanks a lot for the info, Kate, appreciated! I was really looking forward to the SC today, but it's totally understandable why you chose not to release it yet. Some of those no-go-s would surely have started a flame war along the lines of "oh no, another broken EA module...etc" - we've all seen this before.

You know best what state it's currently in, and whether or not it's ready enough for release. I wish you good luck squashing those last couple of bugs and I'm keeping my fingers crossed to see it in game soon.

I quote you. Sure, but i think that many people who complain should just stick with the release version.

I think that for multiplayer community the biggest issue is that the majority of servers are on open beta. They should switch to release version for important events and use open beta only for testing or experimental purposes.

The same people complaining about early access should buy the modules only when released. They want the toy all of sudden but software development is not so easy

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

Thanks but honest question...Was it really such a good idea to set an arbitrary April 15th Carrier date with it clearly needing up to 6 weeks more work?

...and then wait until such release date to spill the bad news.

Exactly, Oh yeah, ready for release April 15th....April 15th comes around, oh it's not ready, really ?, just release the single player version first, probably not ready either,.... shouldn't say dates of release when you know it can't be done by the date guys.

DCS World roadmap update

Are you serious about F18's plan for April?! In fact, F18 has been released for two years, but it is still not completed. According to the past development efficiency that we are familiar with. In two weeks, it's unbelievable to finish the work. Is it just another plan, without any commitment?

Kate declared that the Hornet will be out of early access in December 2020.

She wrote that in april they will (aim to) complete Litening pod, introduce a first ag radar mode and some improvements for jdam/jsow.

Probably they are working on that for a long time. Some times is difficult to show progress of some things

Edited by VirusAM

@Flamin_Squirrel. I have not posted here in a *long* time and simply play DCS World and read about the progress / roadmap on this forum. I agree that posts should never get personal but defending the Devs because of all the hard work that is put into our beloved sim is, IMHO more than warranted ! Been playing (mostly the stable version) for many years and was also and always looking forward for "the next big thing" but never doubted the dedication of the team (or 1C ? IL-2 GB Devs of which I am also a big fan). I myself have been a software Ir all my life (not gaming software though) and can assure you all that this job is not at all easy ... as some may believe !???

Thank You ED team !

No-one or thing is perfect - ED included. While I don't doubt ED's hard work, that shouldn't make them immune from criticism - that should include allowing their customers to post criticism when done in a constructive manner.

Its all about the tone of someones post. There are plenty of examples when these legitimate questions are sustained because somebody brings it properly. The usual tone of these legitmate questions are quite ranty, which in my point of view is completely fair to delete. But hey, thats just me. Everybody has opinions.

I agree tone is important, and yes sometimes it does become ranty. But my opinion is that this isn't usually the fault of the OP. What often happens when someone raises a legitimate question is the 'faithful' descend on the OP to call them a whiner, or impatient, and it goes downhill from there.

Edited by Flamin_Squirrel

- Bought Super Carrier 5th February as a Birthday present to myself in March.

- News was late and then it was delayed a month.

- Delayed again because 'ED doesn't release modules during sales'.

- Discover Super Carrier is now being released on beta and will 'have to wait' for stable update.

- Delayed a third time to "April-May 2020" with a "We plan to deliver all products out of Early Access this year".

In my line of work with this level of incompetence and you holding onto my money I'd be talking to my solicitors. Unfortunately in this case all I can do is chalk it up to an early access failure. Bridge thoroughly burned ED, big shame :(

I'll say it before this thread gets completely out of control.

Thanks for all the information. It's very much exactly what I wanted to know but I still have one question.

Is the performance improvement for the 2.5.6 supposed to make the framerate like it's in the 2.5.5 or is it supposed to make it better than that?

Other than that, can't wait for the A/G radar and SLAM.

• ED Team
Thanks for the transparency Kate, I am glad to see that you are working on some of the issues that really push back this sim.

One question though: ¿What do you mean about 'Special Effects Update? Like explosions, sparks, smoke, etc.? Could you be more specific?

Thanks in advance.

Thank you for asking.

Fire, explosions, sparks, dust, smoke - for missiles, aircraft, ground units. We'll try to cover as much as possible. And we'll keep you updated through videos and newsletters.

And for us who only forked out the dough to get our hands on the updated Admiral Kuznetsov model?

What's the excuse for withholding that from us?

"Your pumping days are over, Megatron!" -Optimus Prime

"This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" -Vyvian

And for us who only forked out the dough to get our hands on the updated Admiral Kuznetsov model?

What's the excuse for withholding that from us?

The three of you will probably survive it.

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

• ED Team
Are you serious about F18's plan for April?! In fact, F18 has been released for two years, but it is still not completed. According to the past development efficiency that we are familiar with. In two weeks, it's unbelievable to finish the work. Is it just another plan, without any commitment?

Thank you for pointing it out and your interest in the model.

Well, yes, I am serious. F18 is not completed and but we delivered all easy-to-do features and working with features that require longer time to develop.

We constantly deliver the features requested by the community.

• ED Team
Yeah bro agtreed, but that wont get them money and they just doing half playable modules for fast money and dont give a shit for core features. See what state of vr is today: UNPLAYABLE, but who cares, they will announce some new module soon and make us to forget our pin in the back. But there no reasons for us to not be haply and enjoy with shits that we have. Stay safe and well :smilewink:

I disagree with your comments. We delivered several important improvements of the core engine for the last have a year. We are reworking the whole graphic engine to cover many issues.

We care about the engine.

I appreciate ED's decision to not rush an unfinished product into EA, I really do. Communication on the other hand was a disaster, again. But it is what it is, I guess.

So, the question is will there still be an update to the OB branch this week? I need to ask this because there seem to be some awesome 3rd party developers who did meet timeframes and are actually ready to release new stuff for their modules.

I am a Software Engineer myself (not in the game industry though) and want to applaud on

I prefer to fix technical debt first and start new large projects after it.

Good to hear that you manage technical debt. It is pretty funny to see lots of people without any clue about developing software severly understimating the complexity of what ED is doing. DCS has code running back to atleast 2004 (according to the comment in some luas :-)). Maintaining this software is really a complex task.

ED could have prevented lot of heat by not communicating dates. But they try to communicate as open as possible. And I really appreciate communicating openly, it is definitely better than not communicating.

I understand that a lot of people are really looking forward to the SC and are enthusiastic about this.

But please do not forget, ED is not your enemy, they are not some kind of soulless AAA profit gain optimized company with thousands of developers.

They definitely have lot of passion for what they do.

They care for DCS as much as you do, even if the problems you experience are not yet addressed.

DCS is such a huge, vast and complex simulation, with so many different things to improve - they can not work on everything in parallel.

Just give them time.

So, the question is will there still be an update to the OB branch this week? I need to ask this because there seem to be some awesome 3rd party developers who did meet timeframes and are actually ready to release new stuff for their modules.

Tomorrow if all goes to plan.

We plan to have the update tomorrow, April 16.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Looks like the tunnel is quite dark for viper at least for several months.

In my opinion, airfield atc should have some priority, because it is a very important part of a flight sim.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• ED Team
Looks like the tunnel is quite dark for viper at least for several months.

In my opinion, airfield atc should have some priority, because it is a very important part of a flight sim.

It is important, but is also a big task that should be done right. It will take time.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

ok. I will be honest. I am disappointed. when I bought the product, I also bought it for the release date.

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5