[REPORTED] 1.5.1 open beta Exhaust smoke

lennycutler

Today's update (11/7/2015) seems to have introduced a visual fuel line leak on the aircraft whenever I use it during instant missions or other missions.

Seems like the BF 109 is starting out with damage with no obvious reason.

Velocity MicroI7-4790 Windows 7 Home Premium 16Gigs RAM EVGA NVIDIA GTX 1070 500GB SSD TM Hotas Warthog

• ED Team

Hi lennycutler,

can you post your logs folder and a track showing the issue, I can not replicate on my machine

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

1.5.1 open beta Exhaust smoke

I like the idea! Maybe at low airspeed and high revs it is realistic to see such a thick smoke behind BF 109 (MW 50??). BUT at high speed on idle it should not be visible. And when landed, if visible, it should go up or stay near the plane, not go back (no wind)! It just stays in the air as a fixed object, even after the engine is off...

And it is definitely a disadvantage in a dogfight when P-51 does not smoke!!

Screen_151109_230212.thumb.jpg.991bd58551ccc7e3d72a3e97a69f52ef.jpg

Edited by impalor

12900KF@5.4, 32GB DDR4@4000cl14g1, 4090, M.2, W10 Pro, Warthog HOTAS, ButtKicker, Reverb G2/OpenXR

Appears you have been shot up a bit.

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

I noticed that too, while flying the 109 yesterday. At first I thought I "mucked" up something at the ramp start. Interesting feature, but hopefully the Mustangs don't zero in... :)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Nope! )) Same smoke happened in free flight mission...

Confirmed, free flight for me too. if you toggle the Rad's, it does change the output of smoke. (at least I noticed it).

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

You guys were in single player?

I was in a battle with two human piloted 109s in a MP mission and did not see this at all.

I am sure they will fine tune it though.

Edit: Come to think about it, I have seen this before the open beta with smoke from damage or pilots using smoke canisters. When they landed the smoke would hang just like you are pointing out. That was in MP. This is really nothing new. A legacy bug I believe. Same type issue just a different source and in 1.2Xx

Edited by MegOhm_SD

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Lenny, I guess you´re talking about this:

Bignewy, you can replicate it with full throttle and than instantaneously reduction to idle.

When it is drawing the fuel leak you can stop it with full throttle and then slowly reducing towards idle.

Keep full throttle for a few seconds, so the engine can rev up. MW50 is not necessary for this bug to show.

Fox

Screen_151110_185739.thumb.jpg.a23389e20f7a6e14cf51eb8037a65602.jpg

Edited by iFoxRomeo
Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3

I see this quite often whilst flying my K-4. It's odd, sometimes it appears quite heavily behind my aircraft, sometimes not at all, or it might disappear depending on whether I'm using the MW50 or not. It's fairly buggy at the minute too, like you said it stays with you even when your engine is off but i have also seen it still be in the sky evem after i have respawned or flown away.

I have also seen it, it is very buggy and distracting, the smoke either doesn't dissipate or dissipates way too slowly. I have also noticed this flying the SU25T, if a wingman is damaged and trailing smoke the smoke sometimes doesn't dissipate.

Flying 109: saw smoke trail on DoW server tonight 2 separate sorties in MP. It's a dead giveaway. I had not been in a dogfight to be damaged, yet. Trailing smoke due to non-combat engine damage?

If this is gonna be the new and better 109, I'll go back flying the Mustang.

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Flying 109: saw smoke trail on DoW server tonight 2 separate sorties in MP. It's a dead giveaway. I had not been in a dogfight to be damaged, yet. Trailing smoke due to non-combat engine damage?

If this is gonna be the new and better 109, I'll go back flying the Mustang.

Who said it was suppose to be better? The 109 was overperforming before, so its natural it is going to feel weaker now. Until we get a response from YoYo (or other ED staff) I think we can assume it is a bug.

Edited by Solty

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

Its still beta no worry.

I don´t know why the 109 is smoking at some missions and no smoking at another´s.

I suppose that is not a visual thing. May be its start with some damage... seems like when it is smoking the perfomance of aircarft was affected.

I suppose tthat We will have a another 1.5.x until they make a official realese.

Messer pilots made their engines smoke ** as an escape tactic. Made it look like the a/c was hit and going down and the attacking pilot would break off the attack.

** heavy application of repeated on/off throttle.

Doesn't sound like what is being described tho.

Not saying it's not a bit over done, but are you guys sure you didn't firewall the throttle without MW enabled?

I did earlier and even after a just a couple of seconds I was left with a permanent trail.

I'll check that out. But typically, I enable MW as part of my ramp start.

I just took the K4 for a spin on the WW2 multiplayer server and after I took off there was a smoke trail extending about 2km or 3km behind me! I thought I must have damaged my engine so I landed and took off again being very careful and conservative... Same thing.

I noticed that the AI also have the same smoke exhaust. It is not a bad idea , just way over done. 2 or 3 km long and doesn't dissipate. I could land and warm up another K4, taxi out and the smoke from landing before was still extending 2 km from my landing 5mins earlier!

Gee the K4 is fun to fly though. What a beast. At low altitude it has so much more power climb and acceleration than the P51. I was starting to feel sorry for them and toy with them a bit before I killed them . muhahaha

Maybe the P51 needs team work, drag and bag, to compete with the K4 at low altitude?

Validated that I had MW enabled as part of my ramp start. had the exhaust smoke. No worries.

Love flying the K-4, it is a beast.

Not saying it's not a bit over done, but are you guys sure you didn't firewall the throttle without MW enabled?

I did earlier and even after a just a couple of seconds I was left with a permanent trail.

:thumbup:

Yep, some sorties out and back no problem at all on a tank of gas. Other times I just forget and over abuse the engine and I break the engine. Bf-109 is the worst for me, but 109 is my favorite to date of the WWII birds.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]