Update 1.2.5 Bugs

minyon

Hi !

I just wanted to start a thread about the bugs in the 1.2.5 upgrade , the first reason why i did this is to help ED.

The following bugs me and my budies have found are:

FPS loss 20-30% in any mission/aircraft

UH-1H: Engine oil temperature gauge is not working

we actually found more , but those are all reported and confirmed by ED.

Greetings : Minyon

can anyone posting bug issues please keep to this format?

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1452946&postcount=1

Just saying there is an issue does not help us recreate the problem to identify it

4w24cLi.png?4

Voice of Jester AI

Death From Above =DFA= Squadron Discord - https://discord.gg/deathfromabove

http://www.twitch.tv/graywo1f

https://www.youtube.com/user/Lonewo1fg

Just leave the forum if you're determined to be useless.

Details...?

The post you made doesn't make you more useful. bugs I'm talking about are the same as in 1.2.4, 1.2.3, 1.2.2, 1.1.1 if you follow.

mutarin if you have not tried to fly Su-27 and are not aware of the bugs, I would recommend you to be quite.

Su-27:

TWS = should not auto lock. it beats the point of tracking several bandits attitude which is the purpose whit TWS in Su-27.

EOS = vertical slewing not working.

Missiles = chaff resistance must be better.

Gun-reticle = jumping even with stable and low pings.

Data-link = Splashed aircrafts don't disappear from MFD. Su-27 have its own data link since 1986 with no help from AWACS. (Using data-link in Su-27 is standard and nothing exceptional, as aim-120 for F-15.)

Edited by Teknetinium

Teknetinium 2017.jpg
                        51st PVO Discord SATAC YouTube

Just leave the forum if you're determined to be useless.

Details...?

The bugs Tek posted about are there 100% of the time for all players regardless of individual settings/hardware set up/mission options/solo/multi etc. etc. ( Perhaps with exception of ghost datalink contacts)

Something like FPS loss however is much more nebulous and will depend a great deal on the above factors, and so requires a more systematic and standardised reporting/diagnostic system.

Take a ride in a 27 and you will see what I mean.

Edited by ///Rage

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

The post you made doesn't make you more useful. bugs I'm talking about are the same as in 1.2.4, 1.2.3, 1.2.2, 1.1.1 if you follow.

mutarin if you have not tried to fly Su-27 and are not aware of the bugs, I would recommend you to be quite.

Su-27:

TWS = should not auto lock. it beats the point of tracking several bandits attitude which is the purpose whit TWS in Su-27.

EOS = vertical slewing not working.

Missiles = chaff resistance must be better.

Gun-reticle = jumping even with stable and low pings.

Data-link = Splashed aircrafts don't disappear from MFD. Su-27 have its own data link since 1986 with no help from AWACS. (Using data-link in Su-27 is standard and nothing exceptional, as aim-120 for F-15.)

Then they're not 1.2.5 bugs and the devs are already aware of them. And you're just nagging, based on a past record of posting.

...unless a dev who is not familiar with you reads the post, in which case he has no idea what you're talking about because you haven't provided any information.

A bug report without details is useless, and referring to already-known bugs here is just off-topic.

Hi !

The following bugs me and my budies have found are:

FPS loss 20-30% in any mission/aircraft

Hi

I tested my mission last night and actually reduced the FPS start of the mission.

Ver 1.2.4 FPS value = 40-45 FPS

Ver 1.2.5 FPS value = 10-12 FPS

This Mission running 18 hour on my server without error and FPS drop. (VER 1.2.4)

This mission ver 1.2.5 updated server running however unplayable massive FPS drop.

I do not know why that is, but not like a week again work on this mission to be played again. Especially if you already functioning .

the mission can be found here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=110368

SnowFox

Come on maturin stop joking man, the bugs should constantly repeat to ED until they are corrected. If these errors are annoying for us, then let annoy them too. When they correct them, we will not repeat them again, right? Or let ED publish their list of confirmed bugs - that will be corrected, and all will be calm. :closedeyes:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Everything is possible ...

Then they're not 1.2.5 bugs and the devs are already aware of them. And you're just nagging, based on a past record of posting.

...unless a dev who is not familiar with you reads the post, in which case he has no idea what you're talking about because you haven't provided any information.

A bug report without details is useless, and referring to already-known bugs here is just off-topic.

Apelsin you still don't provide anything useful, I will let everyone know that Su-27 pilots are fighting not fear battles as it is now because everything is broken compared to F-15. So Apelsin tell me something useful.

I'm reporting Su-27 bugs since FC3 1.1.1 and I will continue.

Edited by Teknetinium

Teknetinium 2017.jpg
                        51st PVO Discord SATAC YouTube

1.2.5 bug reports

I couldn't find a thread that collects all 1.2.5 bugs so I thought I'd open one up.

It might also make things easier for the devs.

I've noticed the following:

Green explosions

Chimney smoke visible through the cloud layer

FPS drops when looking at forests

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Mission loading takes twice as long as before. Had the game collapse to the taskbar twice, and a crash to desktop once, before even starting a mission.

When I did get a mission started, I found that my TrackIR 4 does not function with this 1.2.5 update. I restarted the game three times and restarted the computer once in an attempt to check it wasn't something at my end.

I gave up trying then, so haven't managed to come across any other bugs yet.

:(

Mouse no longer works to select "Fly" when launching a mission however by using the Pause/break button it will launch the mission. When you try to end the mission the mouse will not select any of the options ie Resume, Exit...

Alt/Tab does not work and when you try to use Ctrl/Alt/Delete to exit the sim the main screen comes up but when you try to select "End Process" it jumps back to the sim again. Only way to exit the sim is to do a hard reboot.

I recall there was an issue a few versions ago where this problem occurred but it was related to Aero not being on. I do have Aero enabled in this case.

BTW - I'm running two monitors, one camera and one for the MFD's and Helios. I'm using PeterP's LUA and SoftTH.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

OK. While trying to resolve this I noticed a quick popup in the corner before the DCS screen covered it and I'm pretty sure it is WDM saying it's changed my setting to Win 7 Basic from Aero. This is new and did not happen with 1.2.4 I'm still using the same video driver from before as well. Hopefully that info is of some help.

I was able to capture the error message.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I switched back to a single screen and standard aspect ratio and it worked fine. WDM didn't try to switch from Aero to Basic. Seems DCS is having issues with multi-monitor setups, again.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

FINAL UPDATE - I did a full re-install and that seems to have resolved the issue. Down side of course is I still do not know what was "borked". Glad to be back in buisness...

164718999_SchemeChange.png.23b8d58ca10a571a4e42d04406cbaf6b.png

Edited by Sarge55
Update

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

A collection of errors in DCS_World_1.2.5.15865.212_219

Dear ED and testers,

In order to be less cryptic, find below a summary of the errors that i am experiencing so far. I've done a complete new download of version

DCS_World_1.2.5.15865.212_219 yesterday, and did a complete new install, after a complete uninstall.

I'll make a post of each error individually, so that we can analyze them or find an already existing reference if any. The problem is that people are reacting to posts, polluting the initial error report...

Errors are:

Error 1: Delayed start (or activation) of airplanes and helicopters is not working. This is really annoying, because now my missions are not working as they should. Will check if the same happens also to ground units.

Error 2: Group activation of airplanes through a trigger is not working (so airplanes with delayed activation checkbox checked). This is really annoying.

Error 3: When a trigger checks for "GROUP in ZONE", a crash will occur when the group has a client player in Multi player, and that client is not activated. See the following post for a description of the error:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=110386

Error 4: DCS world auto updater was not working. I had version DCS_World_1.2.5.15586.200_213 on my pc yesterday, and for some reason, when starting up DCS world, the auto updater did not update. Also, when manually starting the update process, nothing happened.

Error 5: For some reason, in the mission editor, for airplanes the COMMS section is active, and for some it is inactive... Is this normal? Also, when I opened yesterday a mission, for the UH-1H it said that the frequency of the comms was in error... Although it appeared to me a very normal comms frequency... Also, when opening a UH-1H standard single player mission, DCS world will not start that mission due to "errors"...

I'll add to this list when finding new ones, each with a clear description of the problem and a link to the detailed error log in the forum with a link.

Sven

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]

For error 1 and 2, run the attached mission and tell me if you see 4 aircraft after 11 seconds into the mission. It works for me.

As stated in the error 3 linked thread the crash is acknowledged and known. The next hotfix potentially includes the fix for it.

Error 4, I don't really know much of the autoupdater so I can't really help you there.

Error 5. More details required, am unable to extrapolate the precise issue with imprecise information.

group_activate.miz

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Grimes,

Thanks for the feedback. Let us see, because i experience different things.

For error 1: i've opened your mission, tried it, and in your mission it seems to work. I have even extended this to other planes...

However, please open the attached mission in the mission editor, because i have problems with this mission.

Time starts at 16:00.

3k0g.jpg

Su-30 units are configured to start 30 seconds after mission start.

m32r.jpg

Why are these units directly started when the mission starts?:cry:

Note that I don't have any triggers (yet) in this mission.

If i made something wrong, please tell me. I can always learn.

Sven

Edited by FlightControl

[/TABLE]

Grimes,

On error 1, i have found the reason why it seems that units are started before the mission start ... I don't think this is normal behaviour though... Please check with me the reasoning:

Find below the units start time, when the mission starts at the 1st of June.

On the unit, the start time is indicated by a 4 input boxes: HH:MM:SS/???

yr5x.jpg

In this case, for the highlighted unit, it shows 12:0:0/0.

ojdx.jpg

Now I change the start date to the 4th of June in the mission briefing... Let us see what that brings to the unit start time...

k2w1.jpg

Now, the unit start time is 12:0:0/3.

Now i found it. The entry behind the "/" seems to be a pointer to the delays in days.

However, when i change now the date to the 1st of May...

Now the time shows as follows: 12:0:0/336!!!

Now, when i change the time to the 1st of August...

Now the time looks like: 12:0:0/62.

Now, let me create a new unit...

Following the manual, let me change the "/" field back to 0 (that is what i did...).

Now, i change the date back to 1st of June...

The unit start time now shows 12:0:0:-62 ????

be5.gif

Isn't the field behind the "/" the delayed start of a unit in days? So, regardless of what start date i have in a mission, when i enter 0 behind the "/", it should start on that day of the mission?

I feel this is not working how it should... Maybe i am completely wrong, if if so, i applogize and should read the manual better... Please try yourself with what i explained here... From what i had understood in the manual, the entry behind the "/" is the amount of days of a delay after mission start time. If this is the case, then this functionality is not working as it should.

Find your modified mission attached...

hope it helps,

Sven

[/TABLE]

Now understanding the root cause of the issue, i can fix error 1 in my missions. I am sure that this error 1 also relates to error 2. Let me check that one as well ...

[/TABLE]

Activation of groups is configured in two methods:

1. Late Activation: Start time is 00:00:00/00 and all waypoints are set to a speed or time delay based on AFTER the group starts. So if you are using time lock, then the time lock is based on whatever the original ETA was after activation.

2. Time based: Start time is the start time of the mission, default 12:00:00/1. If the group start time is set anytime before mission start then the group will already be active. A WP with a time lock will be based on the actual time, so if AI start early they will go slower in an attempt to make the time lock.

When you set the mission start time to 16:43:20/160 for example then that will be the indicated start time for every new AI group you place. Any start time for a group that you do change is all in reference to the mission start time, that is why you can change the dates around. If you set the start date to 0 for a group while the missions start is on day 2 at midnight, then the group you placed will always be 48 hours ahead of mission start.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Crash at mission start

Before the 1.2.5. Update everything was going fine in the "6 Lakes" mission. After that, starting the A-10C is still OK, but when I choose the Ka-50 to fly, there is always a game crash!

To view the attached crash file go to:

ED Forums » English » Digital Combat Simulator » DCS World » Bugs and Problems » Game Crash » Crash at mission start

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=110611

BiBa...............BigBang

WIN 11-64 Pro. MoBo: ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING. SSD: LEXAR 790 4TB. CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K. GPU: MANLI RTX 2080 Ti. RAM: HyperX 3200 MHz 64 GB. Monitor: ASUS 4K 28"/VR: Pimax 4K/TrackIR-5/SAITEK X55-Yoke-Rudder-Trim Wheel.

Hello Gents.

Please use the dedicated subforums for each product.

It's very inefficient to track the progress of bugs & fixes in these multipage "superthread".

Closing it down now, you may repost in the subforum where needed, or give me a hint and I can move a few posts for you.

I hope you understand.

Thanks

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning