Please Provide The DCS Applications Of Chinese Version

loo_ohs

Don't get me wrong but If they already can enjoy DCS why there should be chinese version? It's great way to learn the language and I personally use english and russian (in cockpit text) and have learned few russian words from sim. And translation only gets you translated menus and campaign brief. Translating cockpit menus to other language than originally intented is just absurd.

Don't get me wrong but If they already can enjoy DCS why there should be chinese version? It's great way to learn the language and I personally use english and russian (in cockpit text) and have learned few russian words from sim. And translation only gets you translated menus and campaign brief. Translating cockpit menus to other language than originally intented is just absurd.

Today I send this post.Because there are a lot of friends around me, wants to play DCS, but the language barrier is their biggest problem, so many people give up buying it.Several friends asked me to help them to make this post.

Today's world, most people speak Chinese,at the same time,the Chinese language is also the United Nations's official language.

China-russia relations have entered a new honeymoon.

This for your company, is a huge business opportunities.

In fact, you don't need localization all tasks, subtitles, prompt.

As long as the main menu of the game, the mission editor localization.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Localisation is a community effort that is supported by ED. If there are members of the chinese community that are *very* proficient both in chinese and english language willing to provide this service, they should step forward and contact ED whether they would support a chinese localisation.

Edited by sobek

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Wanna jump down from your ivory tower any time soon? I for example don't even read a little bit of Russian, meaning that aircraft with Russian exclusive cockpits would mean that I simply can't know what I'm doing. There is absolutely nothing absurd about translating it to other languages than originally "intended" for this very simple reason: The text in the cockpit is there to make sure that the pilot knows what different buttons and such do when he uses them, not for some elitist atmosphere. Learning a different language from the text in a military jet cockpit is at best a futile way of learning any language. I for one am not a native speaker of English, but very proficient in it, and there are quite a few times when I find myself struggling to understand the meaning of certain English words and phrases encountered in the A-10C and Huey cockpits.

Localisation is a community effort that is supported by ED. If there are members of the chinese community that are *very* proficient both in chinese and english language willing to provide this service, they should step forward and contact ED whether they would support a chinese localisation.

I don't have any programming knowledge, don't know how to add language support for DCS.

If your company is willing to localize the DCS, and we are willing to provide vocabulary translation.

Early I suggest to deal with the main interface of the game.

Then, we can handle the mission editor, cockpit tips, etc.

Edited by loo_ohs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Today's world, most people speak Chinese

actually the "world's language" is English

And see Sobek's post, don't give your email here expecting for ED to contact you

Edited by Kuky

No longer active in DCS...

actually the "world's language" is English
There is certainly a large number of Chinese speakers though, so that may make up a significant potential interest in DCS. Maybe if DCS became more accessible to Chinese speakers we might get some Chinese aircraft modules too. We could use a little more variation than US vs. Russia all the time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_languages_by_total_number_of_speakers

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

From ED's point of view, it is important to have as many languages implemented as possible, especially major languages such as Chinese. DCS can gain much more popularity in a community simply by implementing a user interface in its language. Think about the effect/effort ratio. It's irrational not to do it. That being said, I understand that the current situation is determined by the 'smallness' of ED as a company. But I am sure there are some specialized company to which ED can outsource this task.

Anyway. As things are, and as a Chinese national, I hope I can help a little in the localization of DCS in the Chinese community.

It is important to keep in mind that supporting chinese isn't just about the translation, it's also about the ability of DCS to display chinese (fonts, language coding and stuff). And that part can be a lot of work.

That's true. But having a user interface but without the rest is already a huge step forward. It's the easist thing to do, and can be very effective.

As a compromise it should be a fairly straightforward job to create a Chinese manual (but maintain English/Russian cockpits). We use translating companies all the time at work and it's not that expensive (in relative terms). However, translating GUI's etc.. is a different matter and not so straightforward. Just translating the manual isn't ideal but at least it would provide basic access to the sim for the people over there.

@loo_ohs - keep pushing and make some noise! As Sobek said, if you can get together a community that is willing to do at least the manual translation then I'm sure ED would offer some support. Good luck!

i7-4790K@4.7GHz : EVGA 1070 SC : 16GB Corsair Vengence Pro : 2xEVO 840 SSD : EVGA 850W PSU : CORSAIR H100i Cooler : ASUS Z97-AR MB : CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D FULL TOWER

As a compromise it should be a fairly straightforward job to create a Chinese manual (but maintain English/Russian cockpits). We use translating companies all the time at work and it's not that expensive (in relative terms). However, translating GUI's etc.. is a different matter and not so straightforward. Just translating the manual isn't ideal but at least it would provide basic access to the sim for the people over there.

@loo_ohs - keep pushing and make some noise! As Sobek said, if you can get together a community that is willing to do at least the manual translation then I'm sure ED would offer some support. Good luck!

In fact I have seen Chinese translations of FC manuals. So that shouldn't be a problem.

Thank you, blackbelter and Stacker

In fact, the Chinese players have localization many DCS module manuals, such as CA, Black shark2, A-10c,p-51d.

I have translated the A-10c flight manual;I spent nine months on the 673-page manual.

For more Chinese players, I hereby release A-10c Chinese manual download address:

The first volume:http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=183805&uk=3137690706&third=0

The second volume:http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=183709&uk=3137690706&third=0

The third volume:http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=183655&uk=3137690706&third=0

The fourth volume:http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=183643&uk=3137690706&third=0

Want to please Eagle Dynamics to make a localization version of the DCS, is for the sake of the Chinese players around me.

I want to be clear: No political commentary on this forum. So I edited your post slightly. - GG

Edited by GGTharos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi loo_ohs,

ED cannot do the translation or coding, but they can include a completed localization in the game. The reason is that they do not have enough people to do this.

I suggest contacting someone from the other localization efforts - ie. German, French etc. to help you, and find a friend in the Chinese DCS community who is able to do the localization.

So, I think the steps you should take are:

1. Ask someone from ED if they are willing to include Chinese localization if you complete that project.

2. Find someone willing to do the coding part of the localization in your community.

3. Start the localization project.

4. Reach out to community members who have done localization already, if you need some technical pointers.

Thank you, blackbelter and Stacker

In fact, the Chinese players have localization many DCS module manuals, such as CA, Black shark2, A-10c,p-51d.

I have translated the A-10c flight manual;I spent nine months on the 673-page manual.

For more Chinese players, I hereby release A-10c Chinese manual download address:

The first volume:http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=183805&uk=3137690706&third=0

The second volume:http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=183709&uk=3137690706&third=0

The third volume:http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=183655&uk=3137690706&third=0

The fourth volume:http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=183643&uk=3137690706&third=0

Want to please Eagle Dynamics to make a localization version of the DCS, is for the sake of the Chinese players around me.

I want to be clear: No political commentary on this forum. So I edited your post slightly. - GG

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

And the rest of you, you should know better. I don't want to see another post that is inflammatory in this thread.

If you don't have advice or help to offer in terms of doing the localization, don't post in this thread.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

And the rest of you, you should know better. I don't want to see another post that is inflammatory in this thread.

If you don't have advice or help to offer in terms of doing the localization, don't post in this thread.

Copy.

Thank you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! In order to add the Chinese language I should give order to our programmers.

Initially, we had no reserve for Chinese language, therefore we should rewrite big part of the code since we did not expect so many characters.

So, I will need to discuss this issue.

In the near future I will answer you.

Комплекс «Андреич 84» производства УзССР с ЦБВМ «Аналитик-Т», РЭБ «ПОЭТ-МА 21В», ПрНК «Jameson 23» производит поиск цели типа «Т» для взятия на АС и последующего ТО согласно ИЭ книги «К», а так же для нерегламентированных работ.

Hi! In order to add the Chinese language I should give order to our programmers.

Initially, we had no reserve for Chinese language, therefore we should rewrite big part of the code since we did not expect so many characters.

So, I will need to discuss this issue.

In the near future I will answer you.

We are very happy with this news, we hope there is good news

• Like 1

IIRC there is a Chinese translation of GUI completed by Chinese DCS community for FC2 and DCS Ka-50 , unfortunately it is impossible to reproduce this translation to DCS W due to some reasons.

I7-6700K OC 4.9G, 896G SSD, 32G RAM @ 2400MHz, NH-D15 cooling system,TM Hotas Warthog,Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals,TrackIr 5, BOSE M2

My wife and step-daughter are Chinese and the language barrier is formidable. For me, I use Google Translate that, sometimes, gets things hilariously wrong.

以中国飞行员:春节快乐。不幸的是,中国和加拿大之间的距离,使电脑游戏太乱了

Edit: some of the characters failed to display correctly. I have no idea what I managed to write to them! :sad_2:

Edited by =Mac=

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

My wife and step-daughter are Chinese and the language barrier is formidable. For me, I use Google Translate that, sometimes, gets things hilariously wrong.

以中国飞行员:春节快乐.不幸的是,中国和加拿大之间的距离,使电脑游戏太乱了.

Edit: some of the characters failed to display correctly. I have no idea what I managed to write to them! :sad_2:

I can understand your meaning what you want to express.

Thank you, thank you for your support.

DCS game makes the distance between us become shorter.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]