Game Options: "Cockpit Visual Recon Mode" = ...?

Flagrum

What does enabling or disabling "Cockpit Visual Recon Mode" do? What is it good for?

(This question was asked already somewhere - but neither can I find that thread anymore, nor was the question really answered the last time I saw it ...)

• Like 1

When you right click your mouse when it is in slew mode (as opposed to selection mode with the yellow cross), a red cross appears which allows you to click on targets outside your cockpit. This is visual recon mode.

Ah! That thing that always drove me nuts when I stopped TIR with my RMB to be able to use the FlexiSight in the Huey with my mouse!

Thanks!

When you right click your mouse when it is in slew mode (as opposed to selection mode with the yellow cross), a red cross appears which allows you to click on targets outside your cockpit. This is visual recon mode.

Out of curiousity, is this documented anywhere (by ED)?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• 2 months later...
Probably not. I believe It add enemy units to the Ground Commanders F-10 map in MP if the Fog of War is being used. Players can then help the commander build up a picture of the battlefield.

Nate

Does this also happen when you detect or even designate targets with any of your SOIs?

i7 4790K: 4.8GHz, 1.328V (manual)

MSI GTX 970: 1,504MHz core, 1.250V, 8GHz memory

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the explanation. I did not find it in my Users Manual, probably has not been updated.

Can this feature be used with the ABRIS in the Ka-50?

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am dazzled.... what AC are you talking about ? Su-25T ? or is this a general setting for all.

It sounds like a useful tool I haven't used yet..

Bit

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

• 1 year later...