P-38 Lightning

SuperSix2

Also, when you read Cobra's statement carefully, he doesn't necessarily say "we won't develop prop aircraft".

He just states that "we are not stopping development of jets, but it doesn't mean one can only develop either jets or props". ;)

I, for one, will be happy with either type of aircraft.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

I'm happy for anything in DCS, but I'd prefer that LN sticks to MiG-21 era onwards and makes jets.

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

"-L" meaning "Fishbed-L"

MiG-21bis (Izdeliye 75A; NATO "Fishbed-L")

Lazur-equipped version with a slightly different avionics package exported to some Warsaw Pact countries. In Bulgaria and East Germany these were designated MiG-21bis-Lazur.

?

IAF.ViFF

http://www.preflight.us

Israel's Combat Flight Sim Community Website

I'm happy for anything in DCS, but I'd prefer that LN sticks to MiG-21 era onwards and makes jets.

I agree. With this new DCS WWII project we will have enough WWII airplanes. Also we have three helicopters and two(three) detailed CAS airplanes but only one jet fighter.

As Leatherneck is small company with limited resources it will be the best to stick to jet fighters. It would be logical. At least for next few projects.

[B]*NOB* Lucky[/B] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Tko vrijedi leti, tko leti vrijedi, tko ne leti ne vrijedi

"-L" meaning "Fishbed-L"

?

Hmm... could be an interesting idea but I believe Cobra did mention somewhere next aircraft was not a Russian one.

May be it was in PC Pilot article, or somewhere in this thread.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

It's an -L, it's obvious which of the kitties fits best with an -L, and single aircraft without a proper environment/immersion are not interesting.

That's all I'll concede. :P

You evil, evil man.

Asrock z68 Extreme4Gen3

Intel i5-2500K

8GB ram

EVGA GTX 770 4GB

Creative Recon3d Fatality Champion

HDD's

320 GB Maxtor 7200RPM (OS and misc system files)

1 TB Hitachi 7200 RPM (games and music, storage)

64 GB Sandisk u100 SSD (Star Wars and DCS world 1.2.7)

Trackir 4

Saitek X65F:joystick:

Saitek X52 (Use flightstick for helo and WWII Sims, but X65 throttle)

CH Pro pedals

Thrustmaster MFD's

Logitech X5500 Speakers

Sennheiser PC360 Headphones

Win 7 Home Premium (64 Bit)

I don't see us leaving Jet aircraft development.

That, however, does not mean anything is mutually exclusive.

I think, when the time comes, everyone will be satisfied.

I know the answer of that is next! It is the P38 CorLightning M, the wings are foldable with the distintive V shape, and is powered by a pair of pratt and whitney PT-6/CL AFTERBURNING turboprops. Yup, I got it all figured out. Now, where is my cookie? :megalol:

Asrock z68 Extreme4Gen3

Intel i5-2500K

8GB ram

EVGA GTX 770 4GB

Creative Recon3d Fatality Champion

HDD's

320 GB Maxtor 7200RPM (OS and misc system files)

1 TB Hitachi 7200 RPM (games and music, storage)

64 GB Sandisk u100 SSD (Star Wars and DCS world 1.2.7)

Trackir 4

Saitek X65F:joystick:

Saitek X52 (Use flightstick for helo and WWII Sims, but X65 throttle)

CH Pro pedals

Thrustmaster MFD's

Logitech X5500 Speakers

Sennheiser PC360 Headphones

Win 7 Home Premium (64 Bit)

At leatherneck site ....i see a P38 and F6 hellcat image.

http://www.leatherneck-sim.com/

Something tells me there is a Pacific Theater way down the road if DCS WWII goes well. Not only is there a P38(used heavily in the PT) and a F6 Hellcat(used almost exclusively in the PT(1200 Lend Leased to Britain, used in European and Mediterrainian Theaters, mostly recon) in the background but, the real interesting thing in one of the background pictures features a wooden deck Aircraft Carrier. Coincidence? Maybe, or maybe a sneak peek into well laid long term plans. Who knows? Just a thought. I know I would be all in for a DCS PT, as I am already an all in DCS WWII Europe 1944 KS supporter now.

S!Blade<><

Something tells me there is a Pacific Theater way down the road if DCS WWII goes well. Not only is there a P38(used heavily in the PT) and a F6 Hellcat(used almost exclusively in the PT(1200 Lend Leased to Britain, used in European and Mediterrainian Theaters, mostly recon) in the background but, the real interesting thing in one of the background pictures features a wooden deck Aircraft Carrier. Coincidence? Maybe, or maybe a sneak peek into well laid long term plans. Who knows? Just a thought. I know I would be all in for a DCS PT, as I am already an all in DCS WWII Europe 1944 KS supporter now.

S!Blade<><

Don't read anything into the background on their website. Cobra has said multiple times it's just website background art.

Don't read anything into the background on their website. Cobra has said multiple times it's just website background art.

LOL I think anyone that believes that is high. :megalol: Why would they have chosen random background art for their site, ESPECIALLY if everything on there is WWII era except for the Phantom. That's like IL-2 putting jet artwork on their site but releasing WWII aircraft... Plus they've all but confirmed they are doing prop and jet era aircraft. I hope they DO pursue the PTO and we can have carrier ops with WWII aircraft in DCS. But that's my opinion, I KNOW I KNOW.... others want jets. Get over it, they are making both.

I'm getting tired of hearing "They just need to make jets, others are already creating WWII aircraft".

FIRST, no one has made jack yet. VAEO is claiming to make random warbirds housed at Duxford but we ain't seen nothing yet, and my guess is we won't for quite some time.

SECOND, My other guess is we probably won't see a third of the list they have published and that third won't be complete until 2019 or 2020 if not later.

THIRD, many people would be happy with other much more popular WWII planes being developed, so the more developers creating WWII birds, the better for us prop heads.

I'm not saying I expect LN to solely do WWII warbirds, I know they aren't of course BUT I do hope their efforts are evenly balanced toward both era of aircraft. That balance will keep the most people happy.

[sIGPIC]DropDeadGorgeous.jpg[/sIGPIC]

That's like IL-2 putting jet artwork on their site but releasing WWII aircraft

In Rise of Flight main menu (a museum) you have an I-16 in the background. Not the epoch, never done and surely never will.

Not saying about LN. Just that yes it is possible to place planes randomly.

Core I7 4770K-16Gb DDR3 1800- SLI MSI GTX 770 Lightning 2Gb-Win 7 64 bit - TM Cougar

LOL I think anyone that believes that is high. :megalol: Why would they have chosen random background art for their site, ESPECIALLY if everything on there is WWII era except for the Phantom.

[sNIP]

The problem with your logic there is LN have said it's not on their radar.

Cobra has even posted why here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2047999&postcount=20

In short, it really is just background art.

The problem with your logic there is LN have said it's not on their radar.

Cobra has even posted why here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2047999&postcount=20

In short, it really is just background art.

I think I am a little confused by your point. What exactly are you interpreting is off of LN's radar by Cobra's post you reference.

The way I read it, they are not going to do aircraft based on their potential market value (AKA most popular) but rather they will do ones they are passionate about. Based on observation of their website, I'd say they are pretty passionate about an F-4 and a WWII PTO. However, it sounds like an F-4 is a little complex and is probably way down the end of some road for them. I wouldn't say it's off their radar based on Cobra's post, and I certainly wouldn't count out the possibility of them making a WWII aircraft either. It seems clear to me that LN has put a lot of thought and effort into the planning for their potential to do both (WWII PTO and F-4). If there is a will there is a way just don't ask them when :) Just my $0.02.

Edited by Whiplash

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the street and then getting hit by an airplane."

Dogs of War Dedicated WWII Server Thread

I think I am a little confused by your point. What exactly are you interpreting is off of LN's radar by Cobra's post you reference.

The way I read it, they are not going to do aircraft based on their potential market value (AKA most popular) but rather they will do ones they are passionate about. Based on observation of their website, I'd say they are pretty passionate about an F-4 and a WWII PTO. However, it sounds like an F-4 is a little complex and is probably way down the end of some road for them. I wouldn't say it's off their radar based on Cobra's post, and I certainly wouldn't count out the possibility of them making a WWII aircraft either. It seems clear to me that LN has put a lot of thought and effort into the planning for their potential to do both (WWII PTO and F-4). If there is a will there is a way just don't ask them when :) Just my $0.02.

:)

stokingthefire.gif

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

• 4 weeks later...

As little off topic, the P-38-especially in the Pacific war areas, is one of the most impressive fighters. My favourite Prop aircraft, the "L" and "J" variants.

That plane in a high fidelity environment is a dream as for sounds, class and beauty..in the Pacific, as opposed to the ETO, it was very successfull thanks to its engines rather performing in warm climates. The highest scoring PTO aces flew P-38s.

Edited by Tom73

....However, it sounds like an F-4 is a little complex and is probably way down the end of some road for them....

If one wishes to use complexity as a scale to judge then I'd safely assume that Leatherneck, should they want to, would knock the F-4 out of the park. What probably excludes the F-4 at present is the fact that it is a two-seater. Let's be honest, not everybody has a RIO on call 24/7 for a quick SP/MP fix and A.I. sometimes struggles with intelligence so it's a gamble for a small studio.

Then again, that's just my guesswork as it pertains to two-seaters. What is however fact is that the Mig-21 is a showcase of coding mastery: Complexity as it relates to a 60's-era airframe is no problem for these Gents.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'