Needed to install VS2013 Redistributable

cichlidfan

As the title says.

My OB claims the dll is missing, yet the non beta v1.2.16 runs just fine.

EDIT: I did repair the VC install anyway, but still no joy.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

system error

When i launch DCS world i get this message:

The program can't start because MSVCR120.dll is missing from your computer.

Try reinstalling the program to fix the problem.

Did a repair but still same message.

Intel Core i5-9600K, Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G

Changing the title of my thread (or merging it into another) is not going to lead anyone here more quickly.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Edit: Solved by fresh uninstall and clean reinstall of vcredist 2013 (repair didn't work). Thanks for pointing it out!

Same Msvcr120.dll error. I've figured it is vcredist, but running after every one of them to force repair didn't solve the error, so I copied the file from syswow64 into system32 (because the game looks there for the file for some reason). That error disappeared and new appeared: "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application. "

I guess it is just mine system and some other dll or more likely path to it is misplaced. Will try to figure things out, or do clean install of standalone, as verifying the cache on steam didn't help. Cheers!

Edited by Spectrum Legacy

Sent from my pComputer using Keyboard

Cichlidan don't know which you grabbed, but make sure you do the x64 (64-bit) Redist.

The point is that ED is not shipping the correct version with the sim. The file sitting in ..\DCS World OpenBeta\distr should have fixed it.

I have Win7 what should I select? X64?

DCS only supports 64bit operating systems. If you aren't sitting on one you either need to reinstall or you are precluded from using DCS.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

[CLOSED] MSVCP120.dll is missing from your computer error after updating to V1.5

It updated successfully, but the launcher says the program can't start because "MSVCP120.dll is missing from your computer". Please help:helpsmilie:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core I7 4820K @4.3 GHz, Asus P9X79 motherboard, 16 GB RAM @ 933 MHz, NVidia GTX 1070 with 8 GB VRAM, Windows 10 Pro

Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784

Download then vcredist_x64.exe

Hope this helps

| i9 9900K Octa Core 2TB SSD +32GB Spectrix DDR4 @3200MHz RGB | 2 x Radeon RX480 in Crossfire. | TrackIR5 HOTAS Warthog,MFG Crosswind Pedals | Cougar MFDs |

[OCG] Oceanic Combat Group

discord.gg/ZmXEBSU

"Through The Inferno"

by deadlyfishes

Official Australian Servers

SRS: All Servers have Auto-Connect Enabled

Server 1: TTI Caucasus

Server 2: TTI Persian Gulf

Server 3: OCG Training

Server 4: OCG NTTR & Multiplayer Missions

Australian Website

AU Discord Server

I ve got the same problem.

Window pop up title: DCS.exe- System error

and message:

"can't start because MSVCR120.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix the problem."

I'll try this one http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl....aspx?id=40784 seems to worked for others. Thnx anyway.

Edited by CVAH

attachment.php?attachmentid=121507&d=1442438621

373vFS_Cvah

PULL UP! :)

I ve got the same problem.

Window pop up title: DCS.exe- System error

and message:

"can't start because MSVCR120.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix the problem."

I'll try this one http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl....aspx?id=40784 seems to worked for others. Thnx anyway.

It works! thnx

attachment.php?attachmentid=121507&d=1442438621

373vFS_Cvah

PULL UP! :)

If anyone else is having trouble getting it to download, I got mine from here:

http://getintopc.com/softwares/utilities/visual-c-plus-plus-2013-redistributable-package-free-download/

For some reason the DL wouldn't even start on the MS page. I tried it multiple times, multiple ways, and in Chrome and IE (thought maybe they wouldn't allow it from Chrome). It never worked either case.

Edited by 311Gryphon

http://www.youtube.com/user/311Gryphon

i7-8700, 32 GB DDR4 3000, GTX 1080 TI 11GB, 240 GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Dual (sometimes Triple) monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If anyone else is having trouble getting it to download, I got mine from here:

http://getintopc.com/softwares/utilities/visual-c-plus-plus-2013-redistributable-package-free-download/

For some reason the DL wouldn't even start on the MS page. I tried it multiple times, multiple ways, and in Chrome and IE (thought maybe they wouldn't allow it from Chrome). It never worked either case.

Just download from the MS page directly. All other links are possibly fake/contaminated, its too risky.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.