Severe Framerate dips while firing Vikhr Missiles

briguy3

Thanks for the solution,

But, do you think it is caused by vikhr smoke? In my case, FPS drop seems only happens when vikhr hit the target.

In my case yes. By doing this the frame rate here does not drop at all when firing missile zoomed in fully with cockpit resolution @ "1024 every frame". It seemed like impact had something to do with it for me as well but it was the accumulation of smoke and it's dispersal pattern that was killing the frame rate.

иɪɢнтмдяᴇ

http://www.51st.org/

In my case yes. By doing this the frame rate here does not drop at all when firing missile zoomed in fully with cockpit resolution @ "1024 every frame". It seemed like impact had something to do with it for me as well but it was the accumulation of smoke and it's dispersal pattern that was killing the frame rate.

Yes, It is totally same as mine! You and me are using GTX760... Maybe it is the reason?

(re: Message #1)

Yes, DITTO!

Especially watching the Vikhrs travel to the target with my SHKVAL monitor screen enlarged in maximum zoom. The missile's smoke is bad enough, the explosion smoke added to it really slows my fps down. My favorite hobby with the Ka-50 in MP is to sneak near an enemy's airbase and pop aircraft on the tarmac getting ready or while taking off. Watching the aircraft's explosion does a real number as to slowing down my fps frame rates. So, I should not watch zoomed in.

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Yeah this is a real bummer, I have a wicked PC but the ATGM smoke reduces things to a mini slideshow.

I never used to have this problem flying the Black Shark.

Edit: Just changing the res of cockpit displays to 512 Every Frame has actually solved the problem. Surprisingly I even kind of like the slightly softer clarity of the sensor screen.

Edited by Frakin' Toasters

• 9 months later...
  • 6 months later...

KA-50: Nevada Fast Mission: Request Weapon Loadout.

Quick Hover. Pull up targets around the Air Field.

Soon as it fires the Vikrs or side rockets that cause smoke the fps plummets. It has some times caused the game to crash.

This has also happened during the Republic Campaign.

I tried changing: cockpit displays to 512 Every Frame

Specs: R7 1700 & 4.0, 16gb ram, gtx 1080. ssd 750 evo.

Avg FPS is 110. Soon as I fire rockets it does down to 20.

• 2 weeks later...
Hmm, I tested and couldnt replicate. Have you ever deleted your fxo and metashader folders from your Saved Games folder? If not, give that a try and see if its any better?

This is not a problem exclusive to the KA-50 missiles. Large sudden and seemingly random FPS drops-

Cccur if clouds are on or too dense.

Big FPS drops when pilots eject (1st time).

Big fps drops when certain kinds of bombs are dropped (mig 21, viggen).

Big FPS drops when certain planes explode (Viggen MC2000). This may be because the weaponary explodes.

Apparently too the same thing happens (or was happening) when SAM sites launch.

This is a big problem that has been reported many times, and it will sometimes affect diffrent things, be fixed, and then pop up elsewhere, for example a few weeks before it was happening when planes were hit, or firing at other planes.

It's especially bad in VR as it causes the game to flash and stutter badly in the VIVE sometimes showing a momentary steam VR loading screen.

Its a problem in which it seems as if there is something loading up in game and it tends to be worse on the first playthrough.

Here are some other threads in which the same problem is discussed.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=216336

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=215823

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=213404

These are all manifestations of the same phenonemum and probably the reason why people complain about stutter as I dont think it will be as obvious in 2D and so probably more difficult to isolate.

More than any other problem in DCS -especially for VR- this problem needs to be finally addressed.

I used to think it was my computer, so I upgraded from a 980ti i7 4770 but the problem still persists because its obviously a problem with the game itself.

Again please look into this!

Edited by Wolf8312

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

My setting is at 1024, not every frame, and with the incl. Ka-50 Training Mission my fps goes from 94fps down to 93-88-73-60ish-50ish and back up to solid 94fps in less than 2 seconds.

When I fire 2 Vikhrs it goes in steps down as low as 40ish fps, also this all takes less than 2 seconds until it recovers.

I could set it down to 512 but I like the display sharpness at 1024 and rather take the fps ditch down to 60ish, I hardly ever fire 2 Vikhrs.

Why does yours go down to 20 fps. that I dunno, we have similar rigs and my settings are maxed out at 2560*1440.

This was done in NON-VR btw.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

so wolf... did you try deleting the FXO and metashaders2 contents like NineLine suggested?

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

• 2 weeks later...

It's the smoke on screen is reducing the fps .

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

• 3 weeks later...
so wolf... did you try deleting the FXO and metashaders2 contents like NineLine suggested?

Oh yes its nothing to do with that. To be honest it wouldnt even be an issue in 2D but in VR/HTC VIVE such problems are very noticible as they cause the basestations to flash or even exhibit momentary loading screens.

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

• 2 years later...
  • ED Team

let us know your system spec and include a short track replay showing the problem. 

we are happy to take another look

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

6 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

let us know your system spec and include a short track replay showing the problem. 

we are happy to take another look

thanks

Here's an example. Drops start after the shots at 54 seconds or so.  On my rig it goes from around 105 fps down to 30 when the Vikhr smoke is visible. The smoke seems to take a very long time to dissipate (killing the framerate in the process). 

System specs are:

Ryzen 5900X

32GB  GSkill 3200

Nvidia GTX 1080ti

installed on Samsung NVMe 970

This issue was also mentioned in this recent thread as well in the KA50 bug forum:

Thanks

vikhr fps drop.trk

Edited by Boogdud

• 2 months later...

I'd sort of understand the disregard if this bug was causing issues for the kmgu dispenser. Nobody would care about it. But this is affecting the main weapon of the paid Ka-50 and the free Su-25T. You know, I'd feel really stupid if my pals were to actually try this game and discover that even the free module that is kinda supposed to lure players in is troubled as much. It is six(!) years old.