Upgrade to M-2000-5

Hawk123 SB

I understand the attraction for Mirage 2000-5, which is really a great fighter.

But this is almost rude considering the work that still needs to be done on Mirage 2000 C.

• Like 1

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

I understand the attraction for Mirage 2000-5, which is really a great fighter.

But this is almost rude considering the work that still needs to be done on Mirage 2000 C.

How is it rude? From a business perspective, a customer who tells you what they want is doing you a big favour.

I too would also like to see the Mirage 2000-5 done next.

The main problem with the M-2000-5 is this:

It is too current and there is almost no information for it, except for some cockpit photos. Most of the systems would be WAGUESS (wild ass guess), so I'd rather pass for the time being on this aircraft until we can get more info on it.

• Like 3

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

They are doing the GR7/GR9 Harrier next. Also it does come across as a little forward suggesting they upgrade something that is still early beta to a later model.

Also note that finding info about the 2000C was incredibly difficult, especially radar, which IIRC came from the KGB archives. Therefore doing a 2000-5 would be likely impossible to DCS level due to classification.

EDIT: Sniped, by Zeus no less!

I'm pretty surprised to see full blown 4th gen euro-jet module for DCS without too much guesswork in the first place! Kudos to the team.

Asking for planes which are currently being used in the military without relying mostly on WAGuess® is pretty long shot even using older FC3 standards.

Sent from my pComputer using Keyboard

I'm pretty surprised to see full blown 4th gen euro-jet module for DCS without too much guesswork in the first place! Kudos to the team.

Asking for planes which are currently being used in the military without relying mostly on WAGuess® is pretty long shot even using older FC3 standards.

Apparently they got official info for the Typhoon since it's an older variant.

• 1 year later...

M2000-5 will indeed be an amazing aircraft for DCS for sure. will for sure buy it.

A side question though, just theoretically speaking here @Zeus67. How much ground work does the current M2000c provide as a foundation to the -5 ?"software prospective" .Assuming you have the information on the -5.

Edited by sirscorpion

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
17 hours ago, TheMightyMirage said:

When the French Air force started using the DCS:M2000C for training, they liked it and asked RAZBAM to do a Mirage 2000-5.

So it is likely the French air force might give necessary documents to make the module. But just maybe.

They mentioned they would be interested if it can be done quickly (ideally Summer 2020), which hasn't happened. They also saw how long it take to have a 2000C working properly, which is still not the case several years after release.

This was a great opportunity for us indeed as development could have been done a lot quicker with French Air Force inputs, and having the M2000-5F sharing a lot of common systems with the M2000C. Unfortunately, it didn't work out as expected.

So now, if M2000-5F is ever done, it won't be before 5 years or more at best IMO, considering all modules already announced by Razbam. 

So I'd rather have the French Air Force to start working with another 3rd party (like Heatblur) to get the Rafale done in DCS now instead 🙂 (yeah i know, i'm dreaming)

Edited by Steph21

On 3/8/2021 at 5:14 PM, Steph21 said:

They mentioned they would be interested if it can be done quickly (ideally Summer 2020), which hasn't happened. They also saw how long it take to have a 2000C working properly, which is still not the case several years after release.

This was a great opportunity for us indeed as development could have been done a lot quicker with French Air Force inputs, and having the M2000-5F sharing a lot of common systems with the M2000C. Unfortunately, it didn't work out as expected.

So now, if M2000-5F is ever done, it won't be before 5 years or more at best IMO, considering all modules already announced by Razbam. 

So I'd rather have the French Air Force to start working with another 3rd party (like Heatblur) to get the Rafale done in DCS now instead 🙂 (yeah i know, i'm dreaming)

I am not very sure about the Rafale because firstly it will be super difficult to get papers from Dassault(By the way, a Rafale that was announced for MSFS 2020 was cancelled one day after anouncement).

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/31/2021 at 11:34 AM, jojo said:

There is a new coder at work, and a big update coming for April 7th.

Wait for it...

Does it have something to do with 2000-5?

http://dcsfinland.fi/

Dcs: F/A-18C, F-16C, F-14, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, MiG-21bis, M2000C, C-101, AJS-37, F-5, MF1, Bf-109K4, AH-64, UH-1, Ka-50, Mi-24, FC3, SC

System: i5-13600k@P58,58,57,57,56,56/E45 Asus TUF 3080Ti OC 12gb, 64gb DDR5 5600cl32, HP Reverb G2, Virpil WarBrD, Warthog throttle with deltasim slew, MFG Crosswind, DIY ”UFC”, 3x TM MFD’s