here's what Nvidia has to say about the relationship between Rift and them...

fitness88

I spoke at length with a few techs today and they said you will not be able to adjust anything through their control panel that will have an affect when using Rift. Not to expect performance changes when tweaking the direct 3D settings. Their reasoning being that since you don't see Oculus listed in their control panel anywhere, then Nvidia is simply not able to communicate with the Rift.

Only the in-game controls will work.

How disappointing if true!

It's been that way since the CV1, Rift is a Hidden Device and the Application Renders Directly to the Compositor of the HMD.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

It's been that way since the CV1, Rift is a Hidden Device and the Application Renders Directly to the Compositor of the HMD.

It's too bad you can't get into these settings, it would make for a better experience.

So there's no chance of a 3rd party tweak tool getting in?

There is a little something you can do which helped me very much:

I used to run multi monitor setups 1. For Gaming and 1. For photo editing.

When I first used my rift It seemed blurry not low res:

So I plugged monitor in hdmi port where the rift goes and then went into nvidia setting.

My hdmi port color setting was setup for program control "The setting I used for photo work" so I changed to "Use Nvidia Setting" repluged all back to normal:

And Boom night and day difference for me you can also change dynamic color which is best on full and I do believe vibrancy.

Jamie.

There is a little something you can do which helped me very much:

I used to run multi monitor setups 1. For Gaming and 1. For photo editing.

When I first used my rift It seemed blurry not low res:

So I plugged monitor in hdmi port where the rift goes and then went into nvidia setting.

My hdmi port color setting was setup for program control "The setting I used for photo work" so I changed to "Use Nvidia Setting" repluged all back to normal:

And Boom night and day difference for me you can also change dynamic color which is best on full and I do believe vibrancy.

Jamie.

I read that trick: https://forums.oculus.com/developer/...e-on-your-rift

I asked Nvidia and they said that wouldn't work...but I'll sure give it a try, thanks!

I'll let you know.

Edited by fitness88

I read that trick: https://forums.oculus.com/developer/discussion/45293/tip-adjusting-color-saturation-brightness-etc-and-more-on-your-rift

I asked Nvidia and they said that wouldn't work...but I'll sure give it a try, thanks!

I'll let you know.

It sure did for me I have 2 setting my main monitor for photo work "program controlled" and when I switch back the hdmi is set with "nvida setting" . The main difference is my previous setup was for photo work so most cards at a guess will be set on default which is probably is nvidia setting.

Good luck.

Jamie.

It sure did for me I have 2 setting my main monitor for photo work "program controlled" and when I switch back the hdmi is set with "nvida setting" . The main difference is my previous setup was for photo work so most cards at a guess will be set on default which is probably is nvidia setting.

Good luck.

Jamie.

Do you have good settings that you can recommend, I'd like to avoid the plug in plug out x 5.

Also do you know if there are any other settings that you can change in this way, perhaps in other tabs of the Nvidia control panel?

WOW!!!!! Thank you freehand, I cranked the vibrance up to 90 and it made the world of difference.

Is everyone sure that there are no other settings that can be used?

Unfortunately others on line concur with you...but the vibrance is really great.

this tool can do the trick if you dont want to connect your monitor in the HDMI . it only sets the Color dynamic range from "limited" to "Full" .

the other settings such as vibrancy and gamma its recommended not to mess with it because it wont only affect the colors but also the picture in the rift .

http://blog.metaclassofnil.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/NV_RGBFullRangeToggle.zip

forgot to mention you have to run it as administrator.

this tool can do the trick if you dont want to connect your monitor in the HDMI . it only sets the Color dynamic range from "limited" to "Full" .

the other settings such as vibrancy and gamma its recommended not to mess with it because it wont only affect the colors but also the picture in the rift .

http://blog.metaclassofnil.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/NV_RGBFullRangeToggle.zip

forgot to mention you have to run it as administrator.

Oh so I see you have read it, LOL!

As I mentioned in my other post to you, the vibrancy makes an amazing difference just by switching the setting from application controlled to Nvidia controlled in the control panel desktop colors.

After a couple of tweaks I have it now at 80, it's night and day to what the default was.

Edited by fitness88

• 5 months later...
Oh so I see you have read it, LOL!

As I mentioned in my other post to you, the vibrancy makes an amazing difference just by switching the setting from application controlled to Nvidia controlled in the control panel desktop colors.

After a couple of tweaks I have it now at 80, it's night and day to what the default was.

I think that now we cannout use the trick of changing HDMI cables, due more recently updated NVIDIA drivers... any help please?