Multicore CPU performance improvement

Prophet

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad it worked! Its actually pretty easy to do what you are looking for.

1) For single player, add the following line after :init in the command file:

start bin\stable\Launcher.exe --console

2) For multiplayer, add the following instead:

start multiplayer.bat

3) Then put the edited cmd file AND process.exe into your Eagle-Dynamics\KA-50 folder

4) Either create a new shortcut to the cmd files or edit your existing Black Shark shortcuts to point to the cmd files.

Now, when you start Black Shark from those shortcuts, it should run the affinity fix at the same time. If it would be easier, let me know and I will put together a new set of batch files to do this and post them.

This worked perfectly. Now I can just open the shortcuts like you normally would!

:thumbup:

Step 1: Download the batch files I made from here: http://rapidshare.com/files/173371139/DCSAff.zip.html It is a zip file that contains two files with ".cmd" extensions . Extract them into a folder someplace on your hard disk.

Could reupload it, because the rapidshare link is down (reached its max download number as non RS Premium member)

Thanks,

Rob

WOW ... what a dumb-ass I am ... I got it to work folks ... and I'm not too proud to admit that I screwed up.

I hadn't restarted my computer since I've been trying the scripts. All it took to work with TrackIR and all is a friggin' REBOOT ! ... :doh:

I'm getting 41-43 frames per up from 30-35 now. And with a bit of CPU overclocking to 2.8 I'm getting 50 frames per in cockpit (which seems to be the most system intense view).

THANX GUYS ! ... love the script now ...

... lesson learned.

- - - - - - - - TO FLY IS HEAVEN. TO HOVER IS DIVINE - - - - - -

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 5 weeks later...

switches core only ??

Hello all,

I've tried running wombats scripts. UAC is off. All script files in ka50 folder.

I have task manager running before i start Black Shark. Kick off the dual core single player script. Load a mission and turn 'pause' off.

Tab out and see that affinity is set to 0 (left core in task manager?) for DCS.exe*32, and that core is maxing whilst the right core has maybe 10% load.

Tab back to game.

Wait around 30seconds.

Tab out and see that affinity has been set for both cores by the script.

The load has now switched, i.e. the left core is 10% or so whilst the right one is maxed.

Needless to say, FPS hasnt changed.

What could i be doing wrong here ? :)

Details:

1680x1050, max settings that can be set in game (havent touched AA etc outside).

FPS (regardless of affinity) are usually around 30, up to 50 whilst flying in the sticks, and down to 20 whilst hovering just above the sea whilst a long high (mountainous) coast line is in view. Not sure why the latter brings it down so much.

E8600 @3.38

EVGA 9800GTX x2

8GB 1333

Vista 64 Home Premium

Saitek x52+Rudder

EDIT: Ah, seems the tabbing to task manager causes game to thinks its no longer in full screen mode. Setting fullscreen in game menu again, and running script without doing any alt tabbing, gave me my 10-20fps increase......siiiilky smooth

Edited by braden
fixed