Not enjoying DCS ATM

Hotpants

Just a noob question about the in-sim joy buttons setup: Can you program the pinkie in the sim itself or does that one have to be made with SST?

Thank you.

Regards

Alex "Snuffer" D.

AMD FX8350 (8 core) 4.1GHZ ::: 8GB Dominator 1600mhz ::: GTX660 2GB ::: 2xHD ::: 24" ASUS

Just a noob question about the in-sim joy buttons setup: Can you program the pinkie in the sim itself or does that one have to be made with SST?

Thank you.

You can do this in-game.. just add the the pinkie-switch as a modifier

^^ yes, X52 pinky button is detected as "button 6" when you have no SST profile loaded.

Just create a new modifier (button 6) , then in the key settings you want to cahnge, in to "modifier" field, you can click the pinkie button to set it, and then in the main field, whichever function you are wanting to set.

BE WARNED though, if you load up any SST profile, then the pinkie button will no longer be set to Button 6, but to the SST's shift function.

You can change it to press a keyboard button in the SST software, and then define that keyboard press as a modifier to get around this problem though (9ncase you need to use SST to map Push to Talk or TIR functions, but still keep the in game button mappings + modifier)

^^ yes, X52 pinky button is detected as "button 6" when you have no SST profile loaded.

Just create a new modifier (button 6) , then in the key settings you want to cahnge, in to "modifier" field, you can click the pinkie button to set it, and then in the main field, whichever function you are wanting to set.

BE WARNED though, if you load up any SST profile, then the pinkie button will no longer be set to Button 6, but to the SST's shift function.

You can change it to press a keyboard button in the SST software, and then define that keyboard press as a modifier to get around this problem though (9ncase you need to use SST to map Push to Talk or TIR functions, but still keep the in game button mappings + modifier)

If you want tu use the in-game-keymapping with the Pinkie as a modifier you can also use an SST-Profil.

The only thing to do is, to delete all Modes that uses the Pinkie as Shift. Then the pinkie is still "button 6" in game.

I also mapped all the keys in game. Only for Shkval and Spotlight i use the ministick (3 Bands) because then i can also slew diagonal. With POV´s in game i was able only to move vertical or horizontal but not diagonal.

crissiloop

• Like 1

I carn't believe ive waited this long and now im wondering wether it was worth it

I built my Free Track system for the intention of seeing wether it was worth it before buying the NP one, now all this about NP and the marketing ploy has just disgusted me beyond belief.

Then ive got the X52 and I carn't use the program utility which came with it..It took me ages to do a config before it was available and the only way now is to do it in game.

At the moment not having a good time with BS, starting to wonder wether its worth the hastle. Don't get me wrong ive tried to fly it but its becoming impossible.

Looks its not a rant.. well partly...Can anyone please describe exactly how they programmed the X52 be it through the program util or in game, and freetrack / NP situation...well we will have to see, after this little stunt they have done, i won't be buying Sweet FA of them.

Also, why carn't BS take joystick commands like Lock-on? ie the config utility runs sweet in lock-on?

Thanks for your responses in Advanced, im sticking to Lock-on before i lose interest altogether.

Ryan

PS. Well done to all the team in making this project a reality and the time and effort involved. I love the interface and the music, menus, very well presented.

FT 6DOF still works in the Russian version without using PPJoy which is another reason why I've chosen to stick with the Russian version. The dev's have done a good job making this sim and you cant blame the dev's for NP's decision to have input.dll protected by StarForce. PPJoy uses too many CPU cycles to be viable.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you want tu use the in-game-keymapping with the Pinkie as a modifier you can also use an SST-Profil.

The only thing to do is, to delete all Modes that uses the Pinkie as Shift. Then the pinkie is still "button 6" in game.

I also mapped all the keys in game. Only for Shkval and Spotlight i use the ministick (3 Bands) because then i can also slew diagonal. With POV´s in game i was able only to move vertical or horizontal but not diagonal.

crissiloop

Ah Great!..thanks Crisiloop

• 3 weeks later...

I've been trying to to figure this out! Thanks nemises. Just out of curiosity is this hidden somewhere in the manual? I've only started reading it.

So far I've been able to cold start the chopper, take off, fly around a bit (like a drunken sailor) and most of the time land it. Now I'm fooling around with the mysteries of trim and the flight director. It's pretty slow going so far :joystick:

-- CoolHand

U should do following : Go to saitek website first upgrade all drivers than download SST software and install it.(do not use drivers and software from Cd that u got with stick)

No reason why wouldnt work.

Start/programs/saitek sd6 programing software/profiler.

Icon of your profiler ON should be visible in bar tray far right/down, where is your system clock.

Once u got that working right click on and open profile editor.

Once open u should get window where u program software and if right version should

contain :MODE1/ MODE2/ MODE3/MODE1+PINKIE/MODE2+PINKIE/ MODE3+PINKIE/CLICK TO ADD SHIFTSTATE.

THIS ALL U SEE AT THE TOP OF YOUR PROGRAMING SHEET.

How to assign keyboard key to software:

make list of keys what u want to add and simply click on (expl. seccond trigger and than push key u want to add on ur keyboard ..and so on.

If u want to make use of that mini stick on left controler which is assigned originally to mouse, u have to split it like this :MOUSE X AXIS=BANDS-->CLICK ON SMALL ARROW AND PICK BANDS..once u have done that, u click bellow and add lines and they should be spaced in thiss manner 0%-30% / midspace 30%-70% / last space 70%-100%.

save it and now u can assign in first space0%-30% and last space 70%-100% keys u want note tough that mid space 30%-70% must be empty for this to work.

In same manner u assign x/y axsis/precizion slider/twist, basically all switches that move that way u assign like this..once u make one all others are same for that manner.

U can add macros and what macro do is automatic pressing keys in time intervals which u can adjust too. For example u want to start on MFD but after is turnd on u want him to switch to certian mode after 0.50 seconds.

Now in cockpit u press only once assigned button on your controller and software will auto switch to that mode.

Pinkie switch u assign in far right collumn "CLICK TO ADD SHIFTSTATE" give it a name and pick button (just assign already pinkie button).

What pinki does is, it doubles key assigments on your stick(call it like sub system)..well when u hold that buton first pallet of assigned keys is off and u can use second pallet (second setup on same fizical buttons)

simple example : You assign trigger1 to key "space"(fire) and u also assigned to pinkie (on same button) "TAB"(lock) now in game you will have following : you fly..radar on..you locate enemy..lock him with "PINKIE+TRIGGER1"(hold pinkie while pressing trigger1) and you fire by pressing just trigger1.

I hope this will make to you sense..but remember to get it working (sticks&software)

just most recent drivers first..and than most recent version of software for your model.

NOTE:saitek x52pro and x52 software is not compatible so you have to have proper software in regards to your hardware.

For being disapointed in behaviour of BS it depends what u imagined before u got BS.

It is not arcade game it is simulation and it is hard for shure..this is not just a regular game..

you must dedicate time to learn to fly first..get familiar with it..be confident in cocpit...after i gues you should go step further lol this is not lock on altough lokks like it..u need to be knowinglly active while flying this thing.

Me personally i still dont have game but i know it wont be like got game..installed..turned on..in game..in cocpit...up in air..ah enemies!!shoot a few and they got me at the end!!

I think it will be more like got game.install...got in cocpit and stay there for long time before i see missile hahahah

Edited by okolovos oko

X52 & Keyboard setup - Hope this helps

Hey mate, see attached profile setups (know you've already done them, but these have been upgraded over last few weeks of playing to make life easier). The X52 profile best done direct via DCS (way better than saitek software). The x52 guide is empty hardcopy, soz only just finalised my setup so still in pen (version 47!). I will fill all these in tonight and post .jpg in 24hrs.

I can send u the .ppt originals if u know a good way to get them to you (can't upload them here, not supported). Hope you have more luck with your profiles, I feel your frustration (went thru exactly the same process, drove me absolutely ***** nuts, but all good now).

:helpsmilie:BTW, Australia running really scarce for MP servers, hopefully formal game release will get us up and running. Until then maybe any other Aussies would be keen to set up a low-pri thread to try and organise a common time to play twice (+) a week, esp over this holiday period when all available and still all at the same crappy ability level, so we can talk each other thru issues? (I'm happy to host, but only a 3.16GHz dual on 1.5 kbps, so not sure how we will go).

Thanks DCS staff, thanks forumers, L8R.

Keyboard.thumb.JPG.f916a6f4ba4e24a039ee5e659de7315b.JPG

Joystick2.jpg.d0dfb55913c2b1f9c8a936a4f32e61cc.jpg

Then ive got the X52 and I carn't use the program utility which came with it..It took me ages to do a config before it was available and the only way now is to do it in game.

no problems here with my x52 and profile software.

download at my web site x52 profile for ka50.

http://diveplane.itriss.com/DCS/X-52.html

• Like 1

The Saitek SST software has (had? There is a new beta out that pehaps fix this but I haven't tried it) a poorly written installer. The installer doesn't default to english if you have another native language in Windows than the officially supported (ie. english, spanish, german and some more). This means it won't install the SST software at all. So you have to find the folder where it unpacked the install files and manually run the installer for your preferred language (c:\windows\temp.... something I think it was).

I wish you could config the mouse-stick directly in DCS cause I can't seem to get it working with the profile editor.

Edited by Immermann

• 2 years later...

after over 40 hours of trying to get her up and shooting, I wind up without a HOTAS.... bugger... Getting back to reality, you should work some more and let the tank purge and you'll find yourself craving in no time.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

• 3 months later...
I carn't believe ive waited this long and now im wondering wether it was worth it

I built my Free Track system for the intention of seeing wether it was worth it before buying the NP one, now all this about NP and the marketing ploy has just disgusted me beyond belief.

At the moment not having a good time with BS, starting to wonder wether its worth the hastle. Don't get me wrong ive tried to fly it but its becoming impossible.

Looks its not a rant.. well partly...Can anyone please describe exactly how they programmed the X52 be it through the program util or in game, and freetrack / NP situation...well we will have to see, after this little stunt they have done, i won't be buying Sweet FA of them.

Also, why carn't BS take joystick commands like Lock-on? ie the config utility runs sweet in lock-on?

Thanks for your responses in Advanced, im sticking to Lock-on before i lose interest altogether.

Ryan

PS. Well done to all the team in making this project a reality and the time and effort involved. I love the interface and the music, menus, very well presented.

It comes down to this: just how bad do you want it?

Learning Warthog was no picnic. I expect learning Black Shark to be at least as challenging.

More fun than watching TV.

I was on my SeaBee base in Gulfport, Mississippi in 1974. I was walking around the base over by the utility, support area. I saw this weird machine and later I learned it was an engine lathe for metalworking. I said to myself I want to learn how this thing works. Within a couple years of doing my 6 year hitch I was training with a tool maker, not just learning how a lathe works, but everything in the tool room.

Just depends how bad you want it. You will find a way, to that end.

Edited by ErichVon