Track replay - enabling external view

I'm not able to enable "externalView" from a trk recorded during a 2 hour long session last night.

Been searching up & down the forums. Found no answers for this one.

Testing with editing the miz.trk "option" files - but to no avail. (Used a UTF8/Unicode compatible editor).

\..
\Scripts
\track
\track_data
\view
mission
options    <--- this file

Only ended up with breaking the replay - the replay complains about "broken / garbled" options and quits. Cockpit / internals of player chopper dissapears, labels and other stuff is turned on - if I mess with the option file in the root of the .miz.trk file.

Tried to rename the miz.trk to .miz only and open it in the mission editor, which also fails. Loads "forever". I guess the 115Mb file is a bit too large for the editor(?).

Is there another way of re-enabling external view to have a good look at a great (and 3 hour :D) replay?

Edited by Panzertard

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

There is application to do this. Please search at lockonfiles.com, I don't remember its name, but I am sure there is this app.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

/me throws a virtual fist at Naturalpoint for using "Track" keyword in one of their products

Good suggestion Boberro - thanks. Still, was not able to find anything in the download section, I browsed and searched. Ditto with the forums over there - the problem is the sheer number of post containing "track <this>" or "track <that>".

Still open for suggestions.

Hm, a final thought - I did use Winrar to Re-Zip the file, maybe I should try to use Winzip or Windows ....

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

I know name uff, it is called LOTU - Lock On Track Utility. It is in download area I checked ;]

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

:no_sad: Unfortunately - looks like LOTU doesn't support the TRK from DCS.

Check-boxes to enable External View etc is disabled. At least here on Windows 7, tried compability with Win XP SP3 as well - no go.

Tried the same with LOME as well. I think it just locked up (not responding) with this large file ... or the DCS format.

Thanks again for the assistance so far, Boberro :)

Still looking ....

Hmmm I think about later... maybe try to enable these grayed checkboxes by Turniton or similar applications whose change disabled buttons ect, then try click. I tried with LOME, it opens, but when I want save errors occurs.

ಠ_ಠ

Hmmm I think about later... maybe try to enable these grayed checkboxes by Turniton or similar applications whose change disabled buttons ect, then try click. I tried with LOME, it opens, but when I want save errors occurs.

Thats not a suprise - all you do is "cheat the Windows-forms interface", the code that is supposed to "fix the view" isnt getting smarter because you do that. It's guaranteed to fail unless the problem is with the GUI checkbox only. :)

ED or any other codegeeks: we should be able to edit the "option" file I indicated in the OP? :)

And reassemble the .miz.trk without corrupting it?

And are we supposed to be able to rename a .miz.trk as a .miz and open it in the mission editor?

Problem solved.

It was my so called "Unicode/UTF8 comptible editor" PrimalScript 2007 Enterprise Ed. which isnt quite as compatible as I expected.

WordPad in Windows 7 actually is.

• 1 year later...
Changing to externalViews = true, in options file inside trk file works for me but I still can't view other peoples' planes during track playback. Any hints?

Have you tried this:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=53270

alternatively,

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=53348

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'