Need support from ED!

STP Dragon

Hi ED-developer!

I advertised my new mission "Black Gold of Anapa".

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=43361&page=7

The mission is finished, running well on SP and ready for MP-testing.

Goose81 was uploading the mission to his dedicated server (1.0.1a english download-version) so we can test it together.

I have the english CD-version 1.0.1a.

In the mission you will takeoff from a FARP and reach the first triggerzone after ca. 100m. This triggerzone set a flag which activates a message and following units:

- 2x group of 6 Abrams on road 20 Km/h (startspeed)

- 2x group of 2 Linebacker & 2 Vulcans off road 20 Km/h (startspeed)

- 2x group of 4 Paladin standing and will fireing to a targetarea

After I connected to Goose81's server I was doing my startup and took off from the FARP. I was flying into the triggerzone and CRASH! "DCS don't work anymore." On Goose81's server the mission was still running very well.

If I host the mission and Goose81 was connecting to me, the same on his side. I took off from the FARP and fly into the triggerzone. The mission was running very well. But if Goose81 took off from the FARP and fly into the triggerzone his application crashed although the trigger was already activated.

I tried some changes of the mission:

- Other units (changed the Abrams to Leopards, Linebacker to Rolands and Vulcans to Gepards)

- Other speed (Changed the speed from 60 Km/h to 50 Km/h)

-> Still crash!

... and the problem is not only between me and Goose81... Feuerfalke, Charly, IceMan.... all of the guys had the same problem!

ED: I have worked the whole week (daily 8-10h) to build this mission! Please help me to find the problem! :(

Edited by =STP= Dragon

It would be nice indeed, if you could take a closer look into the problem. As Dragon described, we ran a couple of tests with different settings and they all ended in a crash, no matter who hosted or was client.

The mission consists of normal triggers and dependent groups, AFAIK no digging into scripting-files manually.

It puzzled me, that it showed the exact behavior I noticed in the mission I built and wrote about in this thread:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=44086

Same cause as before: CockpitBase.dll

We will continue testing, but I doubt it is a driver or dx-related problem, now, though these factors may be related.

Edited by Feuerfalke

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Feuerfalke and I have found the problem.

I will send you the mission via PN.

The problem are the units marked on the ABRIS.

If I let the ABRIS off and take off from the FARP the mission runs without crash!

If I hide all the units from the map, I can make the ABRIS on without crash.

Something is wrong with the new ABRIS....

Edit: please can you allow PNs? :)

Feuerfalke and I have found the problem.

I will send you the mission via PN.

The problem are the units marked on the ABRIS.

If I let the ABRIS off and take off from the FARP the mission runs without crash!

If I hide all the units from the map, I can make the ABRIS on without crash.

Something is wrong with the new ABRIS....

Edit: please can you allow PNs? :)

PM box is cleaned up, please try again.

picture.php?albumid=243&pictureid=1732

PN is on the way.

And here are some Error.log:

Error.log

Error (2).log

Error (3).log

Edit: the version I send you via PN is the working version with hiden units.

To force the crash simply "unhide" the own units and the S-300 SAM.

Edited by =STP= Dragon

Try this version:

DRAGONs_Black_Gold_of_Anapa_TESTVERSION.miz

If you want:

Goose81 can upload this version to his server. You can connect and you will see it will crash.

Crash is not reproduced.

It works pretty reliable if you host it on a separate server and don't forget to to into NAV-(MAP)-Mode on the Abris following the normal startup-procedure.

We had like 10 hours of testing with different servers and clients and the crash was 100% reproducable.

Logically it can't be related to the trigger, btw. as this is a new mission, while Panzertard and myself experienced this problem in our own missions before.

Besides that, I posted in the other thread, it even happened in standard missions (8vs8 MP) when units were not hidden.

Edited by Feuerfalke

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

It works pretty reliable if you host it on a separate server and don't forget to to into NAV-(MAP)-Mode on the Abris following the normal startup-procedure.

We had like 10 hours of testing with different servers and clients and the crash was 100% reproducable.

And it is not reproduced here. Maybe we should try to reproduce it together on our server.

picture.php?albumid=243&pictureid=1732

We may try this on Tuesday.

Very nice, count me in.