my first very quick impressions of FC2

Squid

additional FC2 evaluation notes :

- i think Crimea and every area modeled in LO, FC1 should be merged with FC2 modeled areas into a complete black sea theatre. That probably though isn't maybe possible technically due to engine differences

- The F-5E entry had to finally by now changed to F-5A. Turkey the only nation in the map using F-5, never operated F-5E. Even if the 3D model depicts an E its better this way, as keep on assigning F-5E to Turkey gives a hard to miss spot of inaccurate impression to the sim , lets say "marketing" wise. American forces stationed in the region make sense under a multitude of possible scenarios, but bringing aggressors with them and especially equipped with tiger II fits more to an easter egg option :D

i7 880 | HD 7870 | 8 Gb DDR3 1600 | ECS P55H-A | OCZ Vertex 2 180 | Intel 330 180 | WD 500 AAKS | 2x WD 2T Green | Enermax Liberty 620 | CH Combatstick & Throttle | TrackIR 3 | HP ZR24W | Windows 7 x64

i think Crimea and every area modeled in LO, FC1 should be merged with FC2 modeled areas into a complete black sea theatre. That probably though isn't maybe possible technically due to engine differences

No not possible. ED said a long time ago when BS came out that the Crimea map area had to be sacrificed to make space for the extra Georgia area. Since FC2 is fundamentally FC1 ported to the BS world then the same rationale applies.....

I'll miss Crimea too. Lots of interesting coastal inlets, islands and bridges in the North plus all the sites of historical interest....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry Death, you lose! It was Professor Plum....

have you payed a visit up there now ? its like your old appartment LOL theres nothing there, its totally empty, like you moved out and took all the furni...errrrr, objects with you LOL so nostalgic :P

Just parallel FC installs, what can i say :)

i7 880 | HD 7870 | 8 Gb DDR3 1600 | ECS P55H-A | OCZ Vertex 2 180 | Intel 330 180 | WD 500 AAKS | 2x WD 2T Green | Enermax Liberty 620 | CH Combatstick & Throttle | TrackIR 3 | HP ZR24W | Windows 7 x64

other people have one of the graphics issue i have too

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=51555

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=51855

Also, about the new funless "realistic" "new physics model" gunfire i revisited after long time FC1 and i D E F I N I T E L Y want the gunfire effects , behavior and effectivenes of FC1. Everything about it its just fine there. Its fun, feels realistic enough (even if its not, i dont care too much if its not, since it looks way more like the footage we all have seen) and its effective enough unlike the FC2. Still theres variation in vulnerability due to difference in armor but it doesn't take me a whole evening to punch through 4 T-72s with the Avenger

I hope there would be some way possible to GET BACK the FC1 Gunfire ...............................................

Edited by Squid