F-15C Cockpit Upgrade

DoctorK

you actually flying that ?

F-15e_cockpit.jpg

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

YES great job all his! (A little too new maybe) or I'm currently on a full modif mod V1 jumper with addition of a reflection on the instrument so as ricardo!

If yes, the F15C has perfect two plate glass on the HUD!

look this !!!

http://server.3rd-wing.net/public/Postal2/F15/710.jpg

http://server.3rd-wing.net/public/Postal2/F15/dijon127.jpg

http://server.3rd-wing.net/public/Postal2/F15/dijon129.jpg

F-15C%20Eagle4.JPG

http://server.3rd-wing.net/public/Postal2/F15/IMG_0732.jpg

http://server.3rd-wing.net/public/Postal2/F15/IMG_0741.jpg

I would love to do something with you!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

== http://www.3rd-wing.net ==

Extremmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The real HUD does look like these.

cockpit.thumb.jpg.eff0a0d4dff444a5c8b726869a00d27e.jpghud.jpg.b405f7010a4798753e060e507fecf202.jpg

The glass is beveled to match the angle of the line of sight so that this does not distract the pilot. While this feature reflects the real aircraft, I believe it's a bit much.

Yes, it's beveled. But you still see the upper surface because of the light refractions. See this diagram.

los.jpg.cb9b96002fb9adf140f62cf6b70a676f.jpg

DoctorK, I was looking through your mod. I take it you modified the F-15 kabina.cmd file. This is to reveal the F-15 speedbrake indicator along with a few other modifications?

Aero

I changed the texture names and types to isolate the shared files and/or add the alpha channel. I masked out the part of the rail over the indicator to reveal it.

Here is the complete list of changes. This is described in the mod readme, too.

A-10-ALT-PLASHKA.bmp > F-15-ALT-PLASHKA.bmp

A-10-ALT-PLASHKA-N.bmp > F-15-ALT-PLASHKA-N.bmp

A-10-ALT-PLASHKA-TEN.bmp > F-15-ALT-PLASHKA-TEN.bmp

A-10-ALT-PLASHKA-TEN-N.bmp > F-15-ALT-PLASHKA-TEN-N.bmp

A-10-RUCHKA.tga > F-15-EMG-OPEN.tga

F-15-CDU.bmp > F-15-CDU.tga

F-15-FUEL.bmp > F-15-FUEL.tga

F-15-HUD-CONTR.bmp > F-15-HUD-CONTR.tga

F-15-INSTR-11.bmp > F-15-BKUP-GYRO.bmp

F-15-INSTR-11N.bmp > F-15-BKUP-GYRO-N.bmp

F-15-KNOPKI.tga > F-15-HSI-RING.tga

F-15-KNOPKI-N.tga > F-15-HSI-RING-N.tga

F-15-MPCD-DISPL.bmp > F-15-MPCD-DISPL.tga

F-15-PRIBORY-2.bmp > F-15-PRIBORY-2.tga

F-15-PRIBORY-8.bmp > F-15-HUD-FRAME.tga

F-15-GLASS.tga > F-15-HUD-EDGE.tga

F-15-PEREPLET.bmp > F-15-PEREPLET.tga

F-15-RADAR.bmp > F-15-RADAR.tga

F-15-SPEED.bmp > F-15-SPEED.tga

F-15-TEWS.bmp > F-15-TEWS.tga

ILS-REFLECTION.tga > F-15-HUD-GLASS.tga

KOMPAS-PLASHKA-MIG.bmp > F-15-COMPASS.bmp

KOMPAS-PLASHKA-MIG-N.bmp > F-15-COMPASS-N.bmp

ZERRKALA-BLIK.tga > F-15-MIRROR.tga

• Like 1

The real HUD does look like these.

[ATTACH]39347[/ATTACH][ATTACH]39348[/ATTACH]

Yes, it's beveled. But you still see the upper surface because of the light refractions. See this diagram.

[ATTACH]39349[/ATTACH]

I changed the texture names and types to isolate the shared files and/or add the alpha channel. I masked out the part of the rail over the indicator to reveal it.

Here is the complete list of changes. This is described in the mod readme, too.

A-10-ALT-PLASHKA.bmp > F-15-ALT-PLASHKA.bmp

A-10-ALT-PLASHKA-N.bmp > F-15-ALT-PLASHKA-N.bmp

A-10-ALT-PLASHKA-TEN.bmp > F-15-ALT-PLASHKA-TEN.bmp

A-10-ALT-PLASHKA-TEN-N.bmp > F-15-ALT-PLASHKA-TEN-N.bmp

A-10-RUCHKA.tga > F-15-EMG-OPEN.tga

F-15-INSTR-11.bmp > F-15-BKUP-GYRO.bmp

F-15-INSTR-11N.bmp > F-15-BKUP-GYRO-N.bmp

F-15-KNOPKI.tga > F-15-HSI-RING.tga

F-15-KNOPKI-N.tga > F-15-HSI-RING-N.tga

F-15-PRIBORY-2.bmp > F-15-PRIBORY-2.tga

F-15-PRIBORY-8.bmp > F-15-HUD-FRAME.tga

F-15-GLASS.tga > F-15-HUD-EDGE.tga

F-15-PEREPLET.bmp > F-15-PEREPLET.tga

ILS-REFLECTION.tga > F-15-HUD-GLASS.tga

KOMPAS-PLASHKA-MIG.bmp > F-15-COMPASS.bmp

KOMPAS-PLASHKA-MIG-N.bmp > F-15-COMPASS-N.bmp

ZERRKALA-BLIK.tga > F-15-MIRROR.tga

This is truly excellent! Again, thanks for all your hard work. Making many of these TGA files is really going to make the cockpit look better.

Aero

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

omg that F-15E glass cockpit is sexy!

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Intel i7-4790k | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo heat sink | Thermaltake Core V71 case | 750W EVGA PSU | 8gb G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150 motherboard | Samsung SSD | ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | TIR 5 | Razer Deathadder | Corsair K70

Thanks, love it.. one question

I installed DoctorK F15 cockpit plus Aero HD gauges just to get the best look which works 99% perfect

the problem is I can see some writing over another 1,, the problem is with this file

F-15-HUD-CONTR.bmp and F-15-HUD-CONTR-N.tga

if I remove or rename the file (from Areo version) it works perfect but that panel would not be in HD..

so is there away to remove this file from DoctorK version

Thanks

Edited by Outlaw

Specs: 13900k @ 5.5Ghz, 64GB @ 3600Mhz, 3080Ti.

I cant seem to get the TEWS or hud control panel to work. I put it in the bazar/temptextures folder. I have windows 7 32 bit. Your guages and what not showed up great when I used modman. Any idea of the problem?

I should mention im doing the same thing that iraqi-outlaw is with both mods.

Edited by kingneptune117

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Intel i7-4790k | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo heat sink | Thermaltake Core V71 case | 750W EVGA PSU | 8gb G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150 motherboard | Samsung SSD | ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | TIR 5 | Razer Deathadder | Corsair K70

I cant seem to get the TEWS or hud control panel to work. I put it in the bazar/temptextures folder. I have windows 7 32 bit. Your guages and what not showed up great when I used modman. Any idea of the problem?

I should mention im doing the same thing that iraqi-outlaw is with both mods.

I figured out what was wrong. When I uninstall DoctorK mod, everything works. With it installed, the TEWS, Radar screen (the one to the left of TEWS), hud panel, and weapons selection screen do not appear in aero's version. But I would love for this issue to be solved, this way I can use Doctor K's amazing HUD.

Thanks for the dedication!

I think Aero is working on it right now. Anyway, you have to change the texture names and types. Follow the list of changes shown below. And, when you change BMPs to TGAs, do not forget adding an alpha channel first.

;910056']Thanks, love it.. one question

I installed DoctorK F15 cockpit plus Aero HD gauges just to get the best look which works 99% perfect

the problem is I can see some writing over another 1,, the problem is with this file

F-15-HUD-CONTR.bmp and F-15-HUD-CONTR-N.tga

if I remove or rename the file (from Areo version) it works perfect but that panel would not be in HD..

so is there away to remove this file from DoctorK version

Thanks

Oh well... Forget everything, and put the TGAs in the attached zip into Temptextures folder. I fixed the files for you.

Thanks once again, it works well. The only problem is that when you turn on cockpit lighting, your art is overlapped over Aero's and it is different. I hope one of you can correct this. I think having the 2 mixed together looks great. :thumbup:

Which parts do you mean Crunch?

I cannot see any clashing of nightlighting textures on my end

screenshot012vrr.jpg

screenshot013srm.jpg

i have to say, the combination of Aeroscout's HD dials and DoctorK's reworked pit is a winner :)

screenshot009kk.jpg

Edited by Mustang

Thanks once again, it works well. The only problem is that when you turn on cockpit lighting, your art is overlapped over Aero's and it is different. I hope one of you can correct this. I think having the 2 mixed together looks great. :thumbup:

You have to install Aero's mod, too. My mod + Aero's mod + AeroUpgrade is what you want.

yep I had the same issue with nightlighting textures in one part only..

changed this from Bmp to Tga and works like a charm

F-15-HUD-CONTR-N.tga

Thanks DoctorK

Edited by Outlaw

Specs: 13900k @ 5.5Ghz, 64GB @ 3600Mhz, 3080Ti.

I can concur on the same problem... all the switch labels on the top of the cockpit overlap/distort as soon as cockpit lights are switched on!

Breakshot_Sig_2.jpg

Tim "Breakshot" Mytrofanov | C.O. of 51 ПВО / 100 КИАП Regiments | twitch.tv/51breakshot

Maybe you guys don't know there are some additional files for Aero's mod posted here.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=868353&postcount=53

I should have said my mod + Aero's Modman pack + Aero's additional files + AeroUpgrade is what you want.:doh:

Ok sounds good... im just confused with what files to get now... :)

Does anyone have the appropriate links? to make it all stick together...

Thanx in advance!

EDIT: I think i might have found all the files now... will test later once home! :)

Edited by Breakshot

Breakshot_Sig_2.jpg

Tim "Breakshot" Mytrofanov | C.O. of 51 ПВО / 100 КИАП Regiments | twitch.tv/51breakshot