Which pedals are worth the money?

Hello,

after getting my exported MFDs to work I am looking for a set of pedals. Which would you recommend and how long are you using your pedals?

Thank you!

Bear @ 33rd Airbase Wing

iMac i7 4x3.4 GHz | 8GB | HD 6970M w/2 GB GDDR5 | 256 GB SSD | TM Warthog | TM Cougar MFD (mounted on 21" screen) | Sennheiser PC-133D | Razer Imperator | TrackIR 5 | Windows 7 Home Pro 64bit

Using CH products Rudder Pedals now for the better part of two years and very happy, especially in the Shark where precision is important.

Will definitely recommend :)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Hello,

after getting my exported MFDs to work I am looking for a set of pedals. Which would you recommend and how long are you using your pedals?

Thank you!

First, I must admit only owning them for about two weeks now and they are the first pedals I have used.:smartass:

That being said, the Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals are solidly made and seem to be mechanically sound, nice and widely spaced too. They are big, of course they can't be too small but these are really big on the floor, especially if you use the added foot rest. Barring any electronic malfunction I can not imagine hurting them. They are almost heavy enough and non-skid enough to not need anything to secure them. I just have someithing to keep them from moving back away from me (hardwood floor) and that is really only needed if I am really pushing on the rudder hard. I do have the tension set light though. If you make it stiffer they will, of course, be more likely to move on you.

They perform just fine, they don't do much of course, and since there is no issue of programming such as you might have with a Saitek stick that is not an issue. To me, unless a switch goes bad they should perform well for a long time to come.

They are also not cheap but I had heard to many complaints about their lower grade pedals being too flimsy so I went with these.

Good luck with your search.;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Hi!

I´m using the saitek pro pedals for 4 years (i guess) now and they work very well. They´re adjustable in pedal length and resistance strengh. They are a bit loud if you change directions quickly but thats not a huge problem.

Also had the CH pedals for a while but they(the pedals) were a bit too narrow for me.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have had the saitek pro pedals now for a couple years. I think they are great. The toe brake function along with the feel is good. I have never had a issue with them and i almost have used them everyday since I got them. I have never had any pedals before this so I can not speak for others. Good luck deciding.

=RvE=Atomic

Alienware Area-51, Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q9400 @ 3.2GHz, 8gig Corsair XMS2 DDR2 Ram, EVGA SC GTX 570, Western Digital 1.0TB 64mb cache HD. Windows 7 Ultimate 64, Saitek X52 & Saitek Pro Peddals, TrackIR 4 Pro with Track Clip Pro.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Saitek pro pedals as well, going on 2yrs no problems

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OS:WIN7 HP X64|MOBO:ASRock Z68|CPU:I52500k@4Ghz|RAM:12Gb 3x4Gb GSkill Ripjaws 9-9-9-24 @1600Mhz|GPU:ASUS GTX580|HDD:2x128Gb Crucial sataIII SSD raid0|PSU:Antek 1000watt|Case:Antek 1200|Peripherals: TMWH|Saitek ProFlight rudder pedals|TrackIr4

Saitek!

Since two years I'm a happy owner of Pro Flight Rudder Pedals. I also dismantled them twice to remove dust and dirt and to grease them, So they are in a absolute good condition and very precise.

Before I got them I used CH Rudder Pedals - also very sturdy and reliable - but I started to experiment with a centre stick position for helicopter use and it was just to uncomfortable. The CH Pedals are designed for the Typical Cessna pilot - with a Flight-yoke in his hands instead a moving Stick between his legs.biggrin.gif They are too narrow - after I used the saitek I will hardly comeback to the CH. It's just so much more comfortable - even If you don't use a centrestick config.

technology_104a_004.jpg

Here is a review http://www.simhq.com/_technology2/technology_104b.html

But I would wait a little if I where you - these ones are on the way

combatped_product.png

they are called Combat Rudder Pedals (constructed from a highly robust Di-cast alloy -Saitek) and would make a nice addition to the TM HOTAS Warthog. And they should cost $199.99 / Ј179.99 / €199.99 if we believe this news: http://electronic-geek.com/tag/pro-flight-combat-rudder-pedals/

One minor issue:

Ch and Saitek have a noticeable centre detend.

Getting really annoying with helicopter-simulations like Blackshark.

The detend makes fine adjustments around the centre really hard.

But here is How I solved it for me:

How To: Remove centre detend from Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Paddles

Edited by PeterP

I use Saitek Pro Flight as well, and like them a lot. They are possibly a bit too light and you'll have to make sure you can place them in such a way that they won't move around with your feet, but aside from that they're excellent.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I use Saitek Pro Flight as well, and like them a lot. They are possibly a bit too light and you'll have to make sure you can place them in such a way that they won't move around with your feet, but aside from that they're excellent.

:D

Saitek Pro Flight, since they were released

cheap, wide (had CH before, really really sturdy, but too narrow)

bit lightweight, i tape them to the carpet

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

That being said, the Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals are solidly made and seem to be mechanically sound, nice and widely spaced too. They are big, of course they can't be too small but these are really big on the floor, especially if you use the added foot rest. Barring any electronic malfunction I can not imagine hurting them. They are almost heavy enough and non-skid enough to not need anything to secure them. I just have someithing to keep them from moving back away from me (hardwood floor) and that is really only needed if I am really pushing on the rudder hard. I do have the tension set light though. If you make it stiffer they will, of course, be more likely to move on you.

They perform just fine, they don't do much of course, and since there is no issue of programming such as you might have with a Saitek stick that is not an issue. To me, unless a switch goes bad they should perform well for a long time to come.

They are also not cheap but I had heard to many complaints about their lower grade pedals being too flimsy so I went with these.

Good luck with your search.;)

Agreed on all of the above^^^

System specifications: Computer, joystick, DCS world, Beer

I ve had 3 set of rudders.

1) CH Pro. They are good, i had to rewire them for toe break, but they are awesomely straight which let you uncomfortable. I used them 3 years,I still have them shelved, spike like hell had already changed the center pot once, but i m in the country that destroy hardware. In my classification of owner they are the last i recomend. (Nº 3)

2) Then i bought a TM RCS (Rudder control system (do not confound with elite that have the same space problem as the CH pro)) metal, widely spaced, PERFECT with the Cougar.

Problem is you will only find them on Ebay from time to time, they where used by USMC for training. I replaced pots with hall sensor, added toe brake with Cubby (he s sometimes around here, http://cubpilotshangar.net/) and it was 100%. Another problem is the fact they are gameport, so no joy with the Warthog. (i used it for a year without any flaw) Cub had a project to make them usb, i dont know how its going.

Number 1 in my choice.

3) Saitek pro combat flight or whatever, they do the job, aren t stellar, but they are widened spaced so confortable, and they are cheap compared to what you find on the market. Sole problem for some is the detent, which can be removed. They are also precise and quite programable so all in all very good pedals. Had then for 4 month nothing to declare.

Number 2 in choice.

There are others there, but even if better, the price soar. Simped is very higly coted but i never had a set.

Edited by Succellus

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

Been using CH pedals for over 7 years and they still work perfectly, just like all my CH stuff.

I ve had 3 set of rudders.

1) CH Pro. They are good, i had to rewire them for toe break, but they are awesomely straight which let you uncomfortable. I used them 3 years,I still have them shelved, spike like hell had already changed the center pot once, but i m in the country that destroy hardware. In my classification of owner they are the last i recomend. (Nº 3)

Succellus, why did you have to rewire them for tor brake? Toe brakes works fine for me with no rewiring, have you been to the CH forums? I bet not, they would of told you how to do anything and everything there.

Edited by Cali

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

I have the Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals also, bought them for the price. The center detent is the only that annoys me about them; does anyone know if there is possible to remove this?

Nice plane on that gun...

OS764 P930@4 MBUD3R M6GB G5870 SSDX25 CAntec1200 HTMHW

LostOblivion - Check out PeterP's post #8 in this thread.

OP - I like my CH pedals and they work fine. I don't find them too close together but.. I'm 5'6" so that maybe a factor.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

LostOblivion - Check out PeterP's post #8 in this thread.

OP - I like my CH pedals and they work fine. I don't find them too close together but.. I'm 5'6" so that maybe a factor.

I have CH pedals and I'm 6'2" 195lbs, I've never had a problem with them being too close together.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Simped's here, they cost more then the others, but they use hall sensors and are built very well.

Mine have been going without any problems or degradation of accuracy for many years now.

If you are in a place to afford them, then I highly recommend them.

Oh god I must be blind...:lol:

If so... please make sure you have a seeing person at your side when you follow my instruction and do this little surgery:megalol:.

Would be also very nice If you could take photos of step No.8 and post it so others can see my missing part that causes the detent.

Edited by PeterP

Simped's here, they cost more then the others, but they use hall sensors and are built very well.

Mine have been going without any problems or degradation of accuracy for many years now.

If you are in a place to afford them, then I highly recommend them.

Same here, I've had my CH for over 8 years now and no signs of any problems, same goes with the rest of my CH stuff.

Been using CH pedals for over 7 years and they still work perfectly, just like all my CH stuff.

Succellus, why did you have to rewire them for tor brake? Toe brakes works fine for me with no rewiring, have you been to the CH forums? I bet not, they would of told you how to do anything and everything there.

Because i had them in the end 90" (gameport)and there wasn t toe brake at the time, So i bought 3 CH pots, one to replace the center which was beginning to spike. 2 others for toe brake, it worket wonders.

The rewiring diagram was caught on the CH forum by the time i had CH hardware.

There was also in my late days of ch a diagram how to rewire PORT to USB, but it came to late i was already drolling and licking cougars on the monitor, and CH in my mind was a past thing.

All pretty old, maybe cleaning the pots would have worked at the time... don t know.

As the too close there maybe a personal factor, i have knee problems (discovered years laters) so it may be it. But i reckon i m not the only one to find them unconfortable . I am 170lbs, 1m80 (5"91 ?)

Edited by Succellus

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.