G940. Easy way to extend stick.

You need a screwdriver and about 15 minutes.

Remove the 5 screws marked with red in the image.

Carefully remove the side cover, is fixed with the two tabs marked in yellow.

Removing the side cover pay attention to the trigger, and spring. Remember, always springs fall and perish.

The bar at the base of the joy has two anchors, top and bottom. Last image.

This is the joy set in the upper anchorage.

I checked the base of the joy and the hose is left long enough.

Obviously, the union bar-joy now is less solid, but there is still a union firm.

If you are a rude pilot, maybe not a tuning for you.

Replace the cap with a single screw, connect the joy and proves that everything works properly. Then put the remaining screws.

You have gained about 5 cm and more precision.

In my case it's a temporary solution. I plan to use aluminum tubing for a greater extension of about 15 cm. It is a very simple work that the hose that goes down to the base of the joy only have 3 or 4 wires.

Enjoy. :thumbup:

g940b.jpg

g940a.jpg

Edited by P1KW
correct post
  • Like 2

"If adventure is dangerous, try the routine. It is deadly."

Paulo Coelho.

Think it's stong enough for a joyrider?

http://www.acesim.com/main.html

Thermaltake Core P90 Tempered Glass//Thermaltake iRGB Plus 1200W//GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER LGA 1151//i9-9900K//Thermaltake CL420 Copper Radiator//Thermaltake W4 Plus//Thermaltake 140mm Radiator Fan Triple Pack//Samsung 1TB 970 EVO NVMe M2//SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 500GB //CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB 3200//GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 TI//Logitech G940//Virpil MT50 Throttle//MFG Crosswind rudder pedals//Geko GSeat//Gametrix Jetseat//Htc Vive//Pimax 5k+//Viril VFX//Razer Nari Ultimate

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Thanks to the op, I have applied the extension mod in 5 minutes after receiving my used G940. I'll use this stick as my primary now and have shelved the Warthog/Saitek Combat Rudders setup for now.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

• 2 weeks later...