Reworked Cockpit Views with proper Neck

Use in game feature, move camera forward and save new default position of your head

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Use in game feature, move camera forward and save new default position of your head

I have already created what I believe to be a more realistic F1 view using the camera and have been able to resize the text as needed but I still need to resize the gun reticle and CCRP,CCIP pipers so that all of the HUD components are proportional but I have not been successful in finding the lua file and/or line to edit to accomplish this. Thanks for your suggestion.

You're welcome but I thought you need other sort of help since my Charlie HUD fits perfectly in frame while using proper neck mod, just had to move view point a notch forward and save new default position. (42 inch, 16:9 display)

Oh so you're touching the code and modding HUD and not using original HUD from Charlie 10 with proper-neck mod for views, and I thought you only need a view fix by bringing head closer to HUD frame just like pilots do. It will be best if you create separate thread on HUD mods, as this is viewpoint behavior mod. You may receive more feedback from 3rd party HUD modders and developers.

Edited by Shaman

tail# 44 or 444

I have already created what I believe to be a more realistic F1 view using the camera and have been able to resize the text as needed but I still need to resize the gun reticle and CCRP,CCIP pipers so that all of the HUD components are proportional but I have not been successful in finding the lua file and/or line to edit to accomplish this. Thanks for your suggestion.

If you resize the reticles, they will not match the defined mils settings anymore. I.e. if two markers in the reticle are 5 mils apart, you know that an object of 5 meters will fit exactly between the markers if it is 1000 meters away (1 mils = 1 meter @ 1000 meter distance).

Just sayin' ... (but I guess, this tiny detail won't bother you too much either, eh? ;o)

It will be best if you create separate thread on HUD mods, as this is viewpoint behavior mod. You may receive more feedback from 3rd party HUD modders and developers.

He did.

When he was given pointers, they weren't the 'right' ones, so he had a go at those trying to help. He's also been told why it isn't the best of ideas.

Now he has deleted his own posts in the thread he started in an attempt to hide what a horse analogue he was making of himself, making it useless and confusing.

Expect to be negrepped if you do not provide exactly the right kind of help.

Just a heads up on what to expect. :bye_2:

Holy smokes!!! Why did I put this mod off for so long?!?

I can confirm two things:

1) the latest stock DCS version does not have this fixed.

2) THIS MOD IS FANTASTIC! it truly makes an amazing difference. I will never fly without this.

If you have not tried this mod and think it doesn't change much....please try it..very easy to install and it does as much to improve immersion as does TrackIR itself.

Well done!!

Win 10 64bit; 32 GB DDR4 3200 Ram; ASUS MoBo; 1TB SSD;Intel i7 8700K; GTX 1080ti 11GB; Thrustmaster Warthog;Odyssey + VR

What has become as significant for me about adjusting the cockpit view to a more realistic position is not only how the cockpit appears, but how it also changes the way everything outside of the cockpit looks as well. I'm like you, I'll never go back to the DCS default view.

is another example of what a real A10 pilot sees.
Edited by Blooze

True, there's no going back after. It's best TIR implementation ever.

tail# 44 or 444

Same as with Flanker and Hog and Frog those I fly most, for me game changing.

tail# 44 or 444

As far as I see, it is not.

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Hey PeterP I dont know if someone asked already, but can u make the properneck mod for MiG-29 only, because its the last plane that dont have 6dof view. So can u do it for us please, thank you.

Intel® Core™ i5-2500k CPU@4.20GHz 64 bit operation System Windows 10+ Pro NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 - Memory: 16.0 GB - 500gb ssd samsung - Samsung 27"SyncMaster TA550 monitors [SIZE=1][B]- [/B][/SIZE][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]TM Hotas Warthog[/SIZE][/FONT] Trackir4 - TM Rudder Pedals.

isn't this automatically incorporated into DCS??

or only "new" DCS mods (like A-10C) - and not in FC3-level modules..?

This is definitely not incorporated. The idea that is was is what made me put this mod on the back burner.

There is a tremendous difference.

Win 10 64bit; 32 GB DDR4 3200 Ram; ASUS MoBo; 1TB SSD;Intel i7 8700K; GTX 1080ti 11GB; Thrustmaster Warthog;Odyssey + VR

Hi PeterP.

Could you please declare what you are thinking or planning about this mod?

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

• 3 weeks later...

I agree gear_monkey..I read somewhere that this mod is not needed anymore..so I tried without it and A10C was as bad as it was before I aplied this mod.

So I think that newer DCS planes have reworked views (at Dora and F86 views work ok)..but older ones not...this is just my five cents....and yes...I have PeterP reworked A10 cockpit mod working..:).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HP Z420 | Xeon E5-1650 @3.20GHz/3.70Ghz | 16Gb DDR3-1333 | ZOTAC GTX 980 Ti AMP! | Micron RealSSD C400 256Gb | Sound Blaster Z | TrackIR4 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog| CH Pro pedals | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

That is correct, Iku64, same reason why I keep this mod installed.

tail# 44 or 444