CBU-97s ineffective against T-72Bs and up?

Agiel7

I've checked the weapon's cam as I drop these bad boys, and while I see the skeets doing their jobs and getting solid hits, they don't seem to penetrate tanks as armoured as the T-72B and those moreso. As of now, I've only been using them against columns of BMPs and groupings of trucks and loading up on six GBU-12s and six Mavericks for tank-busting missions (Yeah, I barely clear the runway at Kolkhi at 66% gas, full throttle, and full flaps).

While I doubt this is effecting their penetration abilities, if it helps I have been using them at 1800 HOF and the default RPM.

I have to agree with the original poster. The CBU-97 appears to hit tank targets but rarely kill them. I have tried dropping them at all different HOF without a change in their effectiveness. Also, dropping them at 300ft HOF does not give the skeets time to acquire a target...they will go straight into the ground. I do not recommend setting their HOF less than 500ft.

I do believe the CBU-97 lack of effectiveness against armor in the current build is a known issue. I have dropped dozens of them against stationary T-55's at all different HOF with very very little damage done. I do hope the next build will increase the effectiveness of the CBU-97 and CBU-87 because right now they do not seem to be very useful.

Im pretty sure its a known issue. The other problem I have found is that the one bomb might be effective (not in all cases) but the vehicle takes a long time before you get the killed message. It was similar to when I bombed a stationary helicopter on a farp. It took 2 CBU 97s, 2 GBU 12s, and 3 gun runs before it died. It did not die until I was out of all ordinance and on the way home did I finally get the killed message.

DCS: A10C Warthog JTAC coordinate entry training mission http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/99424/

DCS: Blackshark 2 interactive training missions http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=84612