Usb Device Problems

I have a bit of a dilemma I have a GP-wiz and three BBI-32 cards working in my A10c pit which work fine.

I have introduced a fourth BBI-32 card and two of the BBI-32 cards seem to be conflicting

I can see all of them in the in the controls options but one of the old cards and the new one have mixed up inputs and i cannot assign anything too them.

Here's the real pain I know it is not the cards as they work fine in my old install of A10c in Steam, but they don't work together in the DCS install :( any suggestions would be appreciated.

I haven't contacted Leo Bodnar as it appears to be in just the DCS install but maybe a card swap may cure it

Thanks in advance

I have a bit of a dilemma I have a GP-wiz and three BBI-32 cards working in my A10c pit which work fine.

I have introduced a fourth BBI-32 card and two of the BBI-32 cards seem to be conflicting

I can see all of them in the in the controls options but one of the old cards and the new one have mixed up inputs and i cannot assign anything too them.

Here's the real pain I know it is not the cards as they work fine in my old install of A10c in Steam, but they don't work together in the DCS install :( any suggestions would be appreciated.

I haven't contacted Leo Bodnar as it appears to be in just the DCS install but maybe a card swap may cure it

Thanks in advance

I think the USB cards need to have a unique ID, which is probably the case if they worked with the Steam version of DCS World.

You might try deleting any old USB ID's relating to DCS and try plugging in your USB boards again which will recreate the ID's.

USBDeview:

USBDeview is a small utility that lists all USB devices that currently connected to your computer, as well as all USB devices that you previously used.

For each USB device, extended information is displayed: Device name/description, device type, serial number (for mass storage devices), the date/time that device was added, VendorID, ProductID, and more...

USBDeview also allows you to uninstall USB devices that you previously used, disconnect USB devices that are currently connected to your computer, as well as to disable and enable USB devices.

You can also use USBDeview on a remote computer, as long as you login to that computer with admin user.

:pilotfly:

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win7 Pro 64 | Asus Rampage III Extreme |Swiftech H2O cooled: CPU, Video, N. Bridge | i7 980X EE @4.5GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @1726 MHZ | AMD R9 290X 4GB DDR5 +EK H2O block+Backplate | BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 @144Hz | Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB | 2 - Samsung HD 1TB | Pinoeer BD-RW | ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 PCIe Audio | CoolerMaster Haf-X case | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 760W PS | HOTAS Cougar w/Evenstrain Mod | HOTAS Warthog | TM RCS Rudders + Mods | TM MFD's w/monitors | TrackIR5

Hi CubPilot,

Where are these USB ID's located in DCS?

Thanks,

Catseye

The USB ID's are an operating system function as far as I know. So if you use this program USBDeview: you will be able to see that info and more for any USB device that is connected to, or has been connected to your computer. Sometimes cleaning out old USB ID's will fix a problem with a USB device that used to work but now does not work properly.

I guess I need to rephrase my suggestion made in my previous post. I would try deleting any USB controller ID's that are having the problems as stated in the first post using USBDeview. When that USB controller is plugged in again it will create a new ID and it may fix the problem.

Edited by CubPilot

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win7 Pro 64 | Asus Rampage III Extreme |Swiftech H2O cooled: CPU, Video, N. Bridge | i7 980X EE @4.5GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @1726 MHZ | AMD R9 290X 4GB DDR5 +EK H2O block+Backplate | BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 @144Hz | Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB | 2 - Samsung HD 1TB | Pinoeer BD-RW | ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 PCIe Audio | CoolerMaster Haf-X case | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 760W PS | HOTAS Cougar w/Evenstrain Mod | HOTAS Warthog | TM RCS Rudders + Mods | TM MFD's w/monitors | TrackIR5

The USB ID's are an operating system function as far as I know. So if you use this program USBDeview: you will be able to see that info and more for any USB device that is connected to, or has been connected to your computer. Sometimes cleaning out old USB ID's will fix a problem with a USB device that used to work but now does not work properly.

I guess I need to rephrase my suggestion made in my previous post. I would try deleting any USB controller ID's that are having the problems as stated in the first post using USBDeview. When that USB controller is plugged in again it will create a new ID and it may fix the problem.

Thanks for the program link. I removed and deleted all the controller ID'S to the new card and flashed the firmware on it and it seems to be working for now.

Cheers

Thanks for the program link. I removed and deleted all the controller ID'S to the new card and flashed the firmware on it and it seems to be working for now.

Cheers

Oh my God! One of my suggestions may have actually worked! :v:

Or was it the flash that did it.

No matter, glad to hear that your USB controllers are now behaving with DCS. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]