A-10C Formation Flight Fundamentals Training

AFAlinebacker42

A big thank you to Linebacker and the Hardcore Gamming Clan for hosting the session. It was highly appreciated. Unfortunately I could not find my own Lead so ended trying to chase what looked like a solo plane which happend to be Spokejockey. My appologies again, Spokejockey, for taking up the place instead of you designated wingman. But thanks for being a good lead :thumbup:

One more time, thanks a lot for hosting this event :thumbup:

Cheers

Hans

Edited by Hansolo

Hey

Thanks Linebacker for a very enjoyable and educational evening :thumbup: I must admit it was quite advanced for me and as it was my first time online I was a little lost but had tons of fun anyway (despite a one of my controllers not working in MP and a mid flight crash).

Anyway sorry to 'Spoke' for me going AWOL and a big thanks to 'J' for forming up with me for the final stretch. :pilotfly:I think I need more practise online - comms, protocol etc.

Great fun. :smilewink::smilewink::smilewink:

nice

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 6700K @ 4.2, MSI M5 Z170A Gaming, NZXT X61 Kraken liquid cooler, PNY Nvidia GTX 1080 Founders Edition, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 Mhz C15, samsung 840 evo SSD, CoolerMaster 1000W Gold rated PSU, NZXT Noctis 450 cabinet, Samsung S240SW 24' 1920x1200 LED panel, X-52 Pro Flight stick. W10 Pro x64 1809, NO antivirus EVER

First, I would like to thank Linebacker for an absolutely awesome training session. All the time, money, and frustration I've gone through for DCS, this training session is WHY I do it. The great set of guys flying today was... well, I've ran out of adjectives. Just..... Wow! If something like this ever gets put together again, you sure can count on my begging to join!

Second, I would like to thank my flight lead, Connor, for putting up with my fidgety flight path next to him. Connor, your flight skills are number one and that help me "settle down" and fly a bit closer to you consistently. Around WP 4, we were just under the overcast and I was on your 9 o'clock when, just like a soap bubble, pop: you were gone. You didn't just go through a cloud, you popped out. That's how I went blind. I suspect we had lag between you and I.

I think one of the greatest moments in the flight... heck, in my life!... was when I was closing up to the "crowd" as we approached WP 5. Seeing 5 or 6 A-10's holding hands was such a joyous thing. I can't find the words to describe that.

My one embarrassment was hearing "land left, then move over and taxi right" and then actually landing right. (Will I get a traffic ticket for that?)

One question: did anyone record the TeamSpeak channel or was that disabled?

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

HAAaaa, If no one noticed, I kept forgetting every ones names.. HMH you hung tight on those crappy 1G level turns. I thought you were funkster and I just left him. HMA I was sometimes confusing you with others and this didn't help us at all yet you hung in there, I tried so hard to stay on a prescribed Angles and Speed. We can only get better yea?.

I've already ask for a plane on the 23 MAR a-a refuel. I hope to see you all there if not before then.

Funkster, Brother,we need to work on our brevity yea??....hahaha. I was trying to Anchor when Orbit left my mind..hahaha... I learned a lot about my TAD, and the Instructor was brilliant I'm hoping to learn more from him again...

Well done, The instructor(Insert name??)(I don't recall, I'm sorry) AFAlinebacker, Sidjj, are a tribute to your Clan. Sidjj was up there early and got some of us up and running.

Thanks for letting us stay late after class, Sorry bout your planes AFA, we can buff that out...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MoBo: SaberTooth P67 B3 CPU: i7 2600K OC'd 4.434 Cooling: H100, Nine Asorted Fans GPU: EVGA Drvr344.75 GTX 780 and 580 w/physX MEM: Patriot Viper Xtrm 16GB Power: Antec HGC-900 HRD: Samsung SSD 256GB, WD 2TB wPageFile OS: Win7pro 64b Display: AcerHN274H-nVidia3D 27", Qty2 BenQ GW2750HM 27", Asus VS208 24", Qty2 Lilliput U80/c Input: G13, G110, G700s, TM WortHog, Saitek Cmbt Rudder, TM MFCDs, TrackIR5 Sound: Z906, G930w/IR5/Pwr. Pack Chair: See Album

Funkster, Brother,we need to work on our brevity yea??....hahaha. I was trying to Anchor when Orbit left my mind..hahaha.

:thumbup: Spoke I'm up for practise anytime (GMT) if you want to go over the lesson, brevity etc - PM me and we can arrange if like.

If anyone else wants to meet up then PM me any time. I really need the practise as this experience proved flying online with real people is so different to SP and I've got so much learn. Any help welcome.:smilewink:

Connor, your flight skills are number one and

Haha, you mean my autopilots skills were number one :). It was good flying with you MAC, that was my first time in a multiplayer game and it was a blast! And as you said, the 5-6 ship formation at the end was truly awesome, while at the same time a bit hard on the nerves!

Thanks Linebacker for putting this all together. The effort was greatly appreciated by many of us.

On a lighter note, I was in that fireball on the ramp at mission end after parking lol. Imagine my surprise when one minute my head was down in the pit hitting switches and the next I'm up in smoke. I still have no idea what happened.

-Conner

Well done, The instructor(Insert name??)(I don't recall, I'm sorry) AFAlinebacker, Sidjj, are a tribute to your Clan. Sidjj was up there early and got some of us up and running.

out...

I think you mean simis.

I turned up late because I didn't even know something had been organised. If anyone wants to fly there is almost always someone playing DCS on our teamspeak : ts.hardcoregaming.org:8990

A big thank you to linebacker & simis for organising this.

PC: ASUS - Maximus V Formula Mainboard; Intel i5-3570K 16Gb G.Skill Sniper 1600Mhz; Sapphire Vapor X HD 7970 GHz Edition 3 Go ; Samsung SSD 840 PRO 256 Go

Flight Sim Gear: TM Warthog; Saitek Pedals; TrackIR 5 w/ trackclip pro; Logitech G35 headset

HA!!.. see what I mean...Sorry simis (I think...). and Sidjj sorry if I screwed up your alibi. I just recall chatting with "Sid" a lot. now I just don't know...AAAAaaaa...WHERE AM I!!!!...

Still any one I talked to from that clan was most friendly and professional. I'll work harder on the roster next time, in my defense there was a lot of Commo on the one channel.. I kept interrupting the instructor <name please>. enough to work on Brevity. It'd be cool if each group had a channel, the group could be larger than a 2 ship also.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MoBo: SaberTooth P67 B3 CPU: i7 2600K OC'd 4.434 Cooling: H100, Nine Asorted Fans GPU: EVGA Drvr344.75 GTX 780 and 580 w/physX MEM: Patriot Viper Xtrm 16GB Power: Antec HGC-900 HRD: Samsung SSD 256GB, WD 2TB wPageFile OS: Win7pro 64b Display: AcerHN274H-nVidia3D 27", Qty2 BenQ GW2750HM 27", Asus VS208 24", Qty2 Lilliput U80/c Input: G13, G110, G700s, TM WortHog, Saitek Cmbt Rudder, TM MFCDs, TrackIR5 Sound: Z906, G930w/IR5/Pwr. Pack Chair: See Album