Good grease for TM Hotas Warthog

Here is one alternative that I have seen mentioned.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1820456&postcount=74

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

The official TM response to replacement grease:

"We cannot provide you with the name of a specific brand of grease for your unit but as long as the product you intend to is either mineral based (for metal parts) or silicone based (for plastic parts), then everything is fine. We recommend a silicone based oil/ lubricant/ grease as being the most suitable."

I ordered Nyogel 767A today. It was a bit pricey but seems to be a high quality product. I was pretty hesitant regarding the replacement of the original grease but the benefits should be worth it. I will report back as soon as I've received the grease and completed the task.

nigglascage, where did you order the Nyogel 767A. I don´t find a online shop in Germany which offers this grease.

PC: Win 10 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 64GB RAM, GForce RTX 4090.

Cockpit & HOTAS: VKB Gunfighter MKIII with MCG PRO, Vipril MT-50 CM2, Virpil Rotor Plus & SharKa-50 grip, Thrustmaster TPR, Virpil SharKa-50 Control Panel, WinWing Phoenix MIP, WinWing PTO & PCR, Total Control Apachte MPD frames, several DIY panels, NLR GTTRACK, NLR Motion V3, ButtKicker Gamer PLUS

VR: Varjo Aero, HP Reverb G2

http://www.newgateonline.com/nyogel-767a-100gram-tube.html

This looks like a European shop... In fact it seems like the only shop that sells in small quanties right now!

The grease is expensive but really good. FYI, I also use it on the Cougar throttle, and gets rid of any semblance of friction - no need for the NXT bushing.

In addition, it's a good candidate for replacing the worn out dampening grease on the Saitek rudder pedals.

hmm it says nowhere its 767a

It's a bit hard to see (under the product name):

Lubricant, Grease, Nyogel - 2oz Tube

Art.No.: 767A

Edit: i just wrote the micro-tools.de shop an email to make 100% sure if it's the Nyogel 767A product. They confirmed it.

Edited by nigglascage

It's a bit hard to see (under the product name):

Lubricant, Grease, Nyogel - 2oz Tube

Art.No.: 767A

Edit: i just wrote the micro-tools.de shop an email to make 100% sure if it's the Nyogel 767A product. They confirmed it.

Ok thx. Im gonna order on the british site. 100gr for 31,65€ is cheaper then the german site where you get 56gr for 21,04€

g8PjVMw.png

Ok thx. Im gonna order on the british site. 100gr for 31,65€ is cheaper then the german site where you get 56gr for 21,04€

Link? :)

D'oh I'm such an idiot :)

Need to read more carefully...

I've had a couple of strong beers...

Yes that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it :D

Yeah it's a bit cheaper but shipping is slightly more expensive plus i don't have use for so much grease, since you don't really need to regrease with this one :)

I have disassabled my Warthog but i'm stuck :( It's impossible to push out the swivel plugs with an 3mm Allen key no matter how much force used. I applied so much force that i even started shaking but the damn thing just won't pop out. What am I doing wrong?

Yep, same frustration I went through. I even ended up with one bent key!

Make sure you place the tip of the allen key right on the middle of the plugs, it's easy for it to slip a tiny bit and press against the inside of the ball itself. Tapping the key with a metal tool of your choice, while pressing with your hand, should help too.

You may want to try sanding down the diameter of these plugs a little bit, their fit is way too tight.

Edited by 69iAF~Mike

• 6 years later...

Can anyone tell me if there is a difference between Nyogel 767A and Nyogel 767A Synthetic?

When I go to buy some on Amazon, there is Nyogel 767A and there Nyogel 767A Synthetic and the synthetic one costs just about half the price of the none synthetic one. I did a google search trying to see find what the difference is and I didn't find anything.

Thanks,

• 2 weeks later...

For the best grease....

Super Lube...

https://www.super-lube.com/

System 1:

Windows 10 Pro 22H2 Build 19045.4123 - Core i7 3770K/Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 (BIOS F-10)/32GB G-Skill Trident X DDR3 CL7-8-8-24/Asus RTX 2070 OC 8GB - drivers 551.61/LG Blue Ray DL Burner/1TB Crucial MX 500 SSD/(x2)1TBMushkinRAWSSDs/2TB PNY CS900 SSD/Corsair RM750w PSU/Rosewill Mid Challenger Tower/34" LG LED Ultrawide 2560x1080p/Saitek X56 HOTAS/TrackIR 5 Pro/Thermaltake Tt esports Commander Gear Combo/Oculus Quest 2/TM 2xMFD Cougar/InateckPCIeUSB3.2KU5211-R

System 2:

Windows 11 Home 23H2 22631.3447 - MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US - i7 14700F/MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi/32GB DDR5 5600mhz RAM/RTX 4060/2TB nVME SSD/4TB 2.5in SSD/650w Gold PSU

For the best grease....

Super Lube...

https://www.super-lube.com/

Super Lube was my initial goto grease but eventually realized it does a poor job over time. It evaporates critical ingredients and becomes sticky/ratchety like most greases do.

Molykote is ok as a lube it will last a long time and is smooth but Nyogel 767a kicks it's ass because it's all that but also a heavy damping grease... the effect makes the Warthog -extremely smooth- and much less prone to overshooting inputs. Also lasts a really long time... checked my hog the other day and the Nyogel I put in it 5 years ago(!) is still completely viable with no signs of evaporation or degradation.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 4/28/2020 at 11:37 PM, Thadiun Okona said:

Molykote is ok as a lube it will last a long time and is smooth but Nyogel 767a kicks it's ass because it's all that but also a heavy damping grease... the effect makes the Warthog -extremely smooth- and much less prone to overshooting inputs.

After lot of test and error, studying what part and why moves becomes "sticky", trying multiple grease type, I second this statement.

The Molykote fluid silicon grease does a perfect job for the four guiding stems and the contact between bell-like piece and the inner rubber o-ring. But for the contact between the bell and the ball joint, it is not adapted at all. This part is actually high-pressure contact with slow motion, a fluid lubricant, even a common viscous grease, is "rejected" from the contact edges by the pressure, resulting in sticky moves. Here you need a high-viscosity lubricant. The grease that come with the warthog is like this, it paradoxically stick like melted glue, but this is what you need here.

On my side I don't have any reference for the proper grease (long story short I only have several grease sample in mustard jars), the gease I use appear to be silicon based since it is white-translucent, very viscous (as said before, almost like melted glue). Before this one, I used a black one, graphit based and very viscous too, which indeed suppressed the sticking effect, but the graphit added an unpleasant "rough" sensation with the need for more effort on moves.

EDIT: Looking at videos showing "Nyogel 767A", it seem that this grease is **extremely** viscous and maybe too much if you want smooth and ease moves. The one I use is not soo viscous.

Edited by sedenion
  • Like 2

That´s the one I bought for greasing my TM Cougar throttle:

Silverhook silicone grease water proof P/N SGPGT90

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Silverhook-SGPGT90-Silicone-Grease-Tube/dp/B00W6Q3B1G

For about 10€

Edited by Ala12Rv-Tundra

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle