Noob question on mission building

Groove

you'll have to set the Attack waypoint at least 10 km from the actual target for them to be able to set up for the attack.

ZoomBoy

My Flight Sims Page

- Link to My Blog - Sims and Things - DCS Stuff++

- Up-to-Speed Guides to the old Lockon A10A and Su-25T

- Some missions [needs update]

It's the task that you're missing as indicated above. Set this to something like Ground Attack, and the aircraft type's available that are suitable for this role will be on the list then rather than all aircraft.

Pick your B1 and set your payload and you're off.

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What you need to do is to set a preparation waypoint (WP1) before the attack waypoint that is lined up with the runway course and about +15km away from the runway.

Set attack waypoint (WP2) about 10km away from the runway, but exactly lined up with the runway course at chosen altitude. Now choose targetting, and set runway object as target 1 and choose bombs as weapon.

Now choose payload - lots of bombs.

What will happen now... B-1B will fly to the altitude to WP1 and turn on attack WP2 and line up itself exactly on the course with the runway. After it reaches WP2 it will prepare for attack and make final adjustments.. then it reaches the runway and begins carpet bombing.

It is just an example how to make a very effective carpet bombing. You can make waypoints on diffrent distance just test it, and see if AI has enough room to manuever and line itself up with the runway. You know the drill now.

Example mission attached below:

b-1b_runwaystrike.zip

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

What you need to do is to set a preparation waypoint (WP1) before the attack waypoint that is lined up with the runway course and about +15km away from the runway.

Set attack waypoint (WP2) about 10km away from the runway, but exactly lined up with the runway course at chosen altitude. Now choose targetting, and set target coordinates at the begining of the runway from the same side where attack waypoints is and choose bombs as weapon.

Now choose payload - lots of bombs.

What will happen now... B-1B will fly to the altitude to WP1 and turn on attack WP2 and line up itself exactly on the course with the runway. After it reaches WP2 it will prepare for attack and make final adjustments.. then it reaches the runway and begins carpet bombing. (Remainder snipped)

FWIW, if the desire is to bomb the runway, the simplest method is to set an Attack Waypoint no closer than about 10-15 km from the "approach" end of the runway--there's no need to be perfectly aligned. Next set the Waypoint Target as the airbase icon. This makes the runway the target. Run the mission and sit back and watch the fun.

Rich

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Yeah that's true. Edited my post (target runway as object).

Though I had most fun doing side by side carpet bombings by 8+ bombers... using the coordinates and perfect allignment..

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer