Huey FM changed or am I getting better

Robski

I've not seen much info on the 1.2.7 changes to the flight model (if any) to the Huey.

I certainly think that it's way less violent in transitional changes, especially when slowing to land . Much easier to control when transitioning into a hover state. The VRS seems soooo much easier to control.

Anyway Love it, and the AI gunners.... jeeez, simply awesome.

Great work Devs.

I've not seen much info on the 1.2.7 changes to the flight model (if any) to the Huey.

I certainly think that it's way less violent in transitional changes, especially when slowing to land . Much easier to control when transitioning into a hover state. The VRS seems soooo much easier to control.

And here I was thinking I'd just gotten better. :D

One thing that was definitely tuned down was ETL vibration, though I'm not sure whether that was done in 1.2.6 or 1.2.7.

As for the other aspects, I don't know if anything was changed (but I hope it wasn't because then it would seem as if both of us have actually improved our handling of the Huey) :D

Found the FM "suspiciously" easy too in this new version (v1.27). Know for sure that I haven't changed anything; as in changed method / flying behaviour of how I fly the Huey.

Only(!) change has been the upgrade from v1.26 to v1.27.

Would definitely not call it coincidence that I can suddenly fly "better"... especially when others notice the same 'change' in the flight model...

ASUS Sabertooth X79 TUF Motherboard / Intel Core i7-3930K Unlocked Processor Six Core / Corsair CMP32GX3M4X1600C10 Dominator Memory Kit - 32GB (4x 8GB) / OCZ Solid 3 480GB Solid State Drive / EVGA GeForce GTX 670 FTW+ / Corsair CW-9060002-WW Hydro H70 CORE CPU Cooler / Seagate ST1000DM003 1TB Hard Drive / BenQ XL2420TX 24" Widescreen LED Gaming Monitor - 1920 x 1080 / Windows 7 Ultimate Edition, 64-bit / C-Tek 12-bit: Foot Pedals - Robinson Cyclic - 5-button-hat cyclic - Collective / TrackIR-5

From the 1.2.7 change log:

• Fixed flight model bug causing erroneous “warping” in translational lift

Yours (and mine) flight abilities are the same as they used to be I am afraid. The flight model was wrong making it unnecessary hard. Nothing was toned down to make it easier for us. It was just corrected to match real Huey's behavior as much as possible in the digital world.

In that case, I guess I'm just about ready for my flight test :thumbup::)

ASUS Sabertooth X79 TUF Motherboard / Intel Core i7-3930K Unlocked Processor Six Core / Corsair CMP32GX3M4X1600C10 Dominator Memory Kit - 32GB (4x 8GB) / OCZ Solid 3 480GB Solid State Drive / EVGA GeForce GTX 670 FTW+ / Corsair CW-9060002-WW Hydro H70 CORE CPU Cooler / Seagate ST1000DM003 1TB Hard Drive / BenQ XL2420TX 24" Widescreen LED Gaming Monitor - 1920 x 1080 / Windows 7 Ultimate Edition, 64-bit / C-Tek 12-bit: Foot Pedals - Robinson Cyclic - 5-button-hat cyclic - Collective / TrackIR-5

I haven't flown the Huey since 1.2.7 went production. (Too busy in the A-10C at the moment). Now I gotta go try it, and check it out. :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Javelina1:

Look forward to hear your impressions...

One thing I've thought I've noticed is that it feels a little short on power compared to the previous version. Dunno, maybe it's just me, but I've found that power management is more critical - I'm over the green band of the EGT more readily, and have to watch pulling pitch too suddenly compared to before. Again, with these subtle changes, it's hard to tell if it's real or imagined.

Some bugs were fixed and (as said) it seems that the flight dynamics were touched and all the best now, in my opinion. Landings, VRS and TL are perfect to me.

• Like 1

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

For me, landings went from

"Steady now... watch the VVI... gently reduce the airspeed... FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUU.... ck I'm dead."

to

"Steady now... watch the VVI... gently reduce the airspeed... FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUU.... ck I'm good!"

I often find myself gently bobbing around in ground effect after the FFFFFUUUU... part :) Don't know if it's realistic, but a lot more pleasant to fly than it used to be.

• Like 1

Dear Shilka. I hate you so very very much. Love, Rex

I am no Huey RL Pilot but I always thought: DAMN, this thing must either be a damn hard thing to fly or I am too stupid.... well, it was a BETA and we were not too stupid, just the Bird was too stubborn doing transitions ;)

It still is no easy chopper to fly around, you still have to have all your senses on the Huey or you will crash sooner or later !

Bit

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

I am no Huey RL Pilot but I always thought: DAMN, this thing must either be a damn hard thing to fly or I am too stupid.... well, it was a BETA and we were not too stupid, just the Bird was too stubborn doing transitions ;)

It still is no easy chopper to fly around, you still have to have all your senses on the Huey or you will crash sooner or later !

Bit

Don't forget you are sit on a chair in front of your screen. The RL pilot has the feelings and sensations of movement to help...

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

Maybe its because I don't have pedals ..... yet!

Now that certainly explains it. Please, PLEASE, do yourself a favor and buy a set of pedals right now! I'd never dare to touch the Huey with a bargepole without pedals myself - life's too hair-raising as it is :D

No but seriously, you're missing out bigtime if you just make do with a twist stick. Or God forbid, keyboard only...

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Now that certainly explains it. Please, PLEASE, do yourself a favor and buy a set of pedals right now! I'd never dare to touch the Huey with a bargepole without pedals myself - life's too hair-raising as it is :D

No but seriously, you're missing out bigtime if you just make do with a twist stick. Or God forbid, keyboard only...

THIS

PEDALS... are pretty much mandatory for a helicopter sim.. (Well at least if you want any chance of flying the thing decently anyway..)

Also, after the pedals, I found the track IR to be the most important peripheral to obtain.

Way too much going on to try using twist grip for anti torque and hat switches to look around... Utilizing those controls messes up the fine movements required to control the helicopter..

PEDALS

TRACK IR...

In that order and your chopper simming life will be transformed for the better!

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO