UH-1B sometime in the future?

TimeKilla

UH-1B sometime in the future?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. UH-1B sometime in the future?

DCS never was to provide a complete and coherent war scenario, Wags said that himself.

Hence it's futile to complain about modules that "don't fit together" all too well.

The "Spitfire in the middle of Strelas" is a problem introduced by the mission builders alone, not by ED.

But to comment, why I voted "No":

We need more different airframes instead of variants of already existing ones.

Another variant of the UH-1 can in no way whatsoever bring as much enrichment to DCS as a totally new airframe would.

My 2 cents.

Greetings

MadCat

But to comment, why I voted "No":

We need more different airframes instead of variants of already existing ones.

Another variant of the UH-1 can in no way whatsoever bring as much enrichment to DCS as a totally new airframe would.

My 2 cents.

Greetings

MadCat

BAMM! Exactly what i think!

212 would be really nice.. (and then a 214 :D )

I would prefer a 212/UH-1N ..... better lifting capacity and faster .

Dear badger66, this is not true. The 212 has a lot of equipment that add a lot of weight (radar, sonar, torpedo (all of witch are pretty heavy)) and has almost no lift capability apart from this. But anyway, WE NEED ASW HELICOPTER!!!!

So following that, ne need for a Su-25T after the old Su-25, no need a DCS A-10Ca after the Lock On basic A-10, then a FC3 A-10A ( so three variants of the same model )

Guys are also working a new version of the F-15 etc etc ...

If you're into the Huey thing as some are in their F-15 Eagle etc , you would easily agree for any other variants of the Huey, and the Bravo model is the closest

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPL(A)IR ME/SEP/MEP/SET - CPL(H)

But anyway, WE NEED ASW HELICOPTER!!!!

For what?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

So following that, ne need for a Su-25T after the old Su-25, no need a DCS A-10Ca after the Lock On basic A-10, then a FC3 A-10A ( so three variants of the same model )

Guys are also working a new version of the F-15 etc etc ...

If you're into the Huey thing as some are in their F-15 Eagle etc , you would easily agree for any other variants of the Huey, and the Bravo model is the closest

Not to derail the topic any further, but your paragraph about variants isn't a fair counterpoint to what some of us are saying.

The other versions of the A-10 do not have the full capabilities (AFM/Clickable cockpit, systems etc) that the DCS:A-10C model has. They were a progression in terms of detail upwards.

If this topic was about a wish for a DCS level Huey B and we currently only had a FC3 level model, I'd be all for it, but it's not.

Same goes for the multiple F15 projects. We don't currently have a DCS level product, and it just so happens mulitple teams are doing them independantly of each other.

I can fully understand the enthusiasts requests for variants of the current UH-1H model, I really can, I just feel with DCS not being a mature product (we've only got two 3rd party modules thus far, all from one company), the overall health and growth of the platform would be better served by different airframes rather than variants.

Especially when you consider people like IRIS are currently focusing on FSX due to it being the bigger platform.

Bigger platform = more potential customers = more interest in actually developing products as you're more likely to make money on them, which in turn later on, leads to more variants for the enthusiasts :)

I personally would love to see a UH-1B but my fear is many would find something to complain about in the end due to the loss of horsepower and load capacity( it's too slow..I can only carry 7 troops..etc..Boo Hoo )

UH-1B-960 hp T53-L-5 engine vs UH-1H 1400 hp T53-L-13 engine

The product that ED/BST has produced and delivered has exceeded far beyond my expectations (despite some features initially said to be included haven't been) Everyday I see at least 1 post of somebody whining bitching and moaning about something ..Get over it and be thankful for what you have been given. The best UH-1 sim to date that is constantly evolving to an unprecedented new level that is setting the standard for rotorcraft simming.

My feelings exactly. I would rather see AH-1 Cobra module before other variants.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

• ED Team

I know I have said it many threads, my personal preference is for the early variants of any aircraft, that's what I like.

:)

edit

damn you hitman, now I am hungry :P

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2