Anyway to move Black shark 2 upgrade to steam

shea1980

• ED Team
Hmmmmm ok,kind of unfair for us who bought bs1 and bs2 upgrade,and will have to buy again on steam,to use steam program.I mean why not just change our black shark upgrade to black shark 2 so we can activate it on steam?

Well because, then it wouldnt be fair to the people that paid full price, if it helps any, I am in the same boat, I am sure I will buy a new key at some point in the future.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Just to avoid the hassle, I bought a full BS2 back before Steam was even involved. Besides, BS2 is only $9.99 on Steam right now.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• 2 months later...

Yeah massive PITA as I now have the Russian version of BS which I bought from Russia when it was released because it was released in Russia first and couldn't be purchased anywhere else. I also have the English Old version of DCS BS1 which I have updated to The DCS version of BS2 by purchasing the BS2 upgrade from DCS. So now I am supposed to buy it YET AGAIN just to have it available on steam.........really.

C'mon DCS get your act together. all we are asking is for you to allow people who have bought the upgrade be allowed to use the steam program. Why not just issue us with new keys we can use on steam? Can't be that hard can it?

SD

[sIGPIC]sigpic55726_5.gif[/sIGPIC]

If you have both DCS World from ED website and Steam version installed, just install BS2 upgrade on your regular DCS World variant, go to "DCSWorld\Mods\aircrafts", copy Ka-50 folder and paste it to "DCSWorld\Mods\aircrafts" on your Steam install "Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common".

It work fine.

I think Steam won't update it, but you can probably use the install .exe from ED website http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/modules/dcs_black_shark_2_upgrade/

and install it inside your DCS World from Steam.

It mean need to manually update but at least it work.

I have do it, and for those who want to know why even with the regular DCS World already installed i have installed the one from Steam.

First cause i have huge HDD drive and i don't have any issue with free size on my computer.

Also cause of the ridiculously slow update speed from non steam variant compare to the ultra high speed from Steam.

Their is also the fact that i don't like vanilla sim and i put a lot of mods to make it better, but the repair function (for those who have after a mystic quest of the ultimate knowledge know that their is a repair function that work through cmd...now even a single button for this) don't work for me, it just don't do anything, even update through CMD don't work, but Steam do.

Which mean that the Steam version provide a way better support than the non Steam one.

And then i don't really care if ED are happy or not about it, the sim with all addons is already ridiculously expensive, and i have buy ALL of them, from LOMAC to LOFC to Black Shark (all 3 in box variant) and then all product/modules from DCS even CA and FC2...

So yes i estimate that i have the right to get the Steam support quality without need buy AGAIN the Black Shark.

After FC2 we get FC3 and after Black Shark we get Black Shark 2 where rather than upgrade product quality from BS1 to DCS World standard like it was done for DCS A10C, they make us pay it two time, and then for those who ran out of money or buy the upgrade which is supposed to be here for avoid to paid two time full price for the same thing...For get it work on steam we are supposed to buy BS2 after get BS1 and BS2 upgrade ?

Sorry but no, we have already paid more than someone who have just buy BS2 himself, we should get the same service quality.

And by the way BS1 is available on Steam, i have take my old BS1 box key and successfully activate BS1 on Steam, it mean that they can handle support for activate BS2 upgrade owned, but they don't...

And BS2 Upgrade is not cheaper and don't make them loose any money at all next to BS2 since it need to buy another game which have no more support and get old and passed now.

I'll buy BS2 and support devs the day that the ridiculous limited number of activation will be removed like every others game of the universe and stop to add bench of new bugs each patch.

And with Nevada and EDGE no one can be sure that we don't will get a FC4 (without even a single new aircraft like it was for FC2 and FC3 even if we all will wanted to see F-16 or F-18) BS3, A10C 2 and so one...

So if dev block the ability for user to install exe variant into Steam variant, we will get a clear answer of what they really want from us.

And if they handle support on steam or update through exe installed on steam, i'll encourage people to thanks them for this.

I hope it will help you, for now enjoy BS2 upgrade on Steam !

CPU : I7 6700k, MB : MSI Z170A GAMING M3, GC : EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 GAMING iCX, RAM : DDR4 HyperX Fury 4 x 8 Go 2666 MHz CAS 15, STORAGE : Windows 10 on SSD, games on HDDs.

Hardware used for DCS : Pro, Saitek pro flight rudder, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift.

Own : A-10C, Black Shark (BS1 to BS2), P-51D, FC3, UH-1H, Combined Arms, Mi-8MTV2, AV-8B, M-2000C, F/A-18C, Hawk T.1A

Want : F-14 Tomcat, Yak-52, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, F-5E, MiG-21Bis, F-86F, MAC, F-16C, F-15E.

• 3 months later...
If you have both DCS World from ED website and Steam version installed, just install BS2 upgrade on your regular DCS World variant, go to "DCSWorld\Mods\aircrafts", copy Ka-50 folder and paste it to "DCSWorld\Mods\aircrafts" on your Steam install "Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common".

It work fine.

I think Steam won't update it, but you can probably use the install .exe from ED website http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/modules/dcs_black_shark_2_upgrade/

and install it inside your DCS World from Steam.

It mean need to manually update but at least it work.

I have do it, and for those who want to know why even with the regular DCS World already installed i have installed the one from Steam.

First cause i have huge HDD drive and i don't have any issue with free size on my computer.

Also cause of the ridiculously slow update speed from non steam variant compare to the ultra high speed from Steam.

Their is also the fact that i don't like vanilla sim and i put a lot of mods to make it better, but the repair function (for those who have after a mystic quest of the ultimate knowledge know that their is a repair function that work through cmd...now even a single button for this) don't work for me, it just don't do anything, even update through CMD don't work, but Steam do.

Which mean that the Steam version provide a way better support than the non Steam one.

And then i don't really care if ED are happy or not about it, the sim with all addons is already ridiculously expensive, and i have buy ALL of them, from LOMAC to LOFC to Black Shark (all 3 in box variant) and then all product/modules from DCS even CA and FC2...

So yes i estimate that i have the right to get the Steam support quality without need buy AGAIN the Black Shark.

After FC2 we get FC3 and after Black Shark we get Black Shark 2 where rather than upgrade product quality from BS1 to DCS World standard like it was done for DCS A10C, they make us pay it two time, and then for those who ran out of money or buy the upgrade which is supposed to be here for avoid to paid two time full price for the same thing...For get it work on steam we are supposed to buy BS2 after get BS1 and BS2 upgrade ?

Sorry but no, we have already paid more than someone who have just buy BS2 himself, we should get the same service quality.

And by the way BS1 is available on Steam, i have take my old BS1 box key and successfully activate BS1 on Steam, it mean that they can handle support for activate BS2 upgrade owned, but they don't...

And BS2 Upgrade is not cheaper and don't make them loose any money at all next to BS2 since it need to buy another game which have no more support and get old and passed now.

I'll buy BS2 and support devs the day that the ridiculous limited number of activation will be removed like every others game of the universe and stop to add bench of new bugs each patch.

And with Nevada and EDGE no one can be sure that we don't will get a FC4 (without even a single new aircraft like it was for FC2 and FC3 even if we all will wanted to see F-16 or F-18) BS3, A10C 2 and so one...

So if dev block the ability for user to install exe variant into Steam variant, we will get a clear answer of what they really want from us.

And if they handle support on steam or update through exe installed on steam, i'll encourage people to thanks them for this.

Thanks for the suggestion, will try asap :thumbup:

This is so ... :doh:

1. There is a start menu entry for the repair function. Mystery solved.

2. You mix all kind of stuff from different sources into one installation and then you also have modfied a lot of files - and then you wonder that something doesn't work anymore as expected?

3. Ridiculous expensive products - those are average or even below average prices in the gaming world. Bonus system and regularily occuring discount sales aside ...

4. Yeah, I complain, too, all day that after my purchase of Battlefield (I started with BF2) I also had to pay for BF3 and once more for BF4. Greedy bastards!

5. Ridiculous limited number of activations? How often do you change your hardware or OS?? I agree that any form of DRM is unpleasant to have to deal with, but seriously ...

6. Good luck with the glorious Steam support (or ED support) if you mix up all kind of stuff into one install ... but I said that already ...

I really hope you don't run a Windows 8 Pre-Install on a Secure Boot UEFI Motherboard/PC.

That's frustrating !!!

I think the license handling is somehow fair and correct so I never liked ANY kind of DRM as I change hardware and OS quite often ( Sysadmin )....but heck....my first thread on this forum here was regarding the DRM and all I got was FLAMING LoL.....

Wait for a Sale on Steam and get a new serial while you give yours to a friend who may want to look into DCS beyond the included AC.

I also bought some double, just in case a friend wants to fly with me etc... and for the well being of ED and our beloved Sim

*Love never comes without trouble*

Bit

Edited by BitMaster

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Forgetting BS2 specifically for the moment.

What happens if someone were to purchase several DCS world modules on Steam and several modules outside of steam?

You'd end up with 2 separate DCS worlds with 2 separate lots of installed modules?

If that is the case it doesn't really make much sense, and would be annoying to administer.

Whilst i'll agree ED make some nice products i don't have pockets deep enough to re-purchase a module, especially a module i have already handed over money for.

And "wait until it is on sale on Steam" only works for some.

Steam have a habbit of ripping of Australian buyers, and having sales that exclude Aussies.

Ultimately it would be nice for any of us to have the choice of steam or non steam, and then be able to consolidate our modules either way.

Now i must admit the only module i have is BS2, but all the install issues i had (see this thread) have put me off and wouldn't have happened if ED had been smarter about all of this.

And my final argument?

If humble indie bundle can issue steam keys for half a dozen products for $1 then surely i couldn't be that hard?

R7 3800X - 32Gig RAM -- All SSD -- GTX1070 -- TM Warthog, MFG Crosswinds & TiR

Forgetting BS2 specifically for the moment.

What happens if someone were to purchase several DCS world modules on Steam and several modules outside of steam?

You'd end up with 2 separate DCS worlds with 2 separate lots of installed modules?

If that is the case it doesn't really make much sense, and would be annoying to administer.

In that instance, forgetting BS2, then all of the keys, whether from Steam or ED, would work on a non-Steam install. All modules under one install.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

forgetting BS2, then all of the keys, whether from Steam or ED, would work on a non-Steam install. All modules under one install.

That sounds OK, thanks for clearing that up.

Sounds like my best option to cut steam out of the equation is to hope steam do a sale on BS2 that includes AU, or get someone else to gift it to me.

R7 3800X - 32Gig RAM -- All SSD -- GTX1070 -- TM Warthog, MFG Crosswinds & TiR