what joystick, HOTAS, do you use ?

m1tp2king

hi. i use the Saitek X52 PRO. i think it's the best. it has so many buttons and is built great.

OK there are other joysticks that are 'more real'. but this is a game, a simulation.

we need the extra buttons to do stuff like talk to our wingmen. and be able to control other stuff.

what do you think ?

I'm using Logitech G940 with this mod with full satisfaction. Before that I was using X52Pro, but with that I was unhappy by (imho) bad design of its centering system...

Try to use "Search", you should find few other similar threads with lots of opinions and experiences from other pilots

i use the x52 pro and find it to be quite adequate. If I wanted to shell out $400+ i could pick up a Warthog or G940, but I don't care to dump that much money into a stick.

For the price, the x52 pro is perfect. If you don't think the centering is strong enough, just shim the spring a bit and it's fine.

Using the saitek x-65F and loving it! :D

Initial setup was a pain but im sure it'll be alot easier next time, so time well spent. :)

Asus z170 motherboard; Intel i5-6600K OCd to 4,5GHz; Corsair 32GB DDR4 3000MHz; ASUS Cerberus 1070 Ti; Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD; Schiit Valhalla 2 headphone amp w/ Bifrost multibit DAC and Sennheiser 650 headphones; HP Reverb; Saitek x65-F; TrackIR5

Mine is the Warthog, HOTAS and stick. I got them both for 250 euros. It's an incredible setup, very precise and sturdy. I'm only beginning to check the .lua, but so far the target software has done a great job regarding customization.

Edited by tsumikae

Running a X-52 pro at the moment, till the new X-55 I have on Pre-order is shipped. Just hope the X-55 will have the same level of programability as the X-52 (and the ability to switch profiles on the fly would certainly be a bonus), but if not guess I will just have to sit in the KA-50 and make the most of it :)

TM Cougar with MFDs and gameport rudders using TARGET for me. For other helo sims I use a MSFFB2 stick with the cougar throttle and gameport rudders to get the force trim, but the Ka-50 is easy enough to fly without the FFB and I can use all of the buttons on the HOTAS.

See my TARGET profile in my signature.

Warthog Hotas, the joystick has the simpit 10 cm extension.

MFG Crosswind.... the Kamov is ALL about the pedals.

Gameracer pro flight seat.

Thrustmaster MFDS.

Target software.

For helicopters, well all modules, but especially helicopters there is 2 things I recommend without doubt:-

Extend your stick and get it between your legs! Seriously good mods regardless of what you got.

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

TM Warthog with Saitek Combat Pro Pedals

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

hi. i use the Saitek X52 PRO. i think it's the best. it has so many buttons and is built great.

OK there are other joysticks that are 'more real'. but this is a game, a simulation.

we need the extra buttons to do stuff like talk to our wingmen. and be able to control other stuff.

what do you think ?

I agree with you. I've got the X52 (whats the difference to the Pro version except from black/red to silver/blue design? ^^) and imho it's the best HOTAS you can get for that price. It's not that well manufactured, but in terms of available buttons... I love it. (I use 2 Modes with pinkie and clutch button as modifiers, so 3 layers for each mode)

what do you think ?

i have the hotas and the x52 pro, i enjoy copters with x52 pro more and jets/planes with hotas more

I use the G940.

Apart from some well known fluttering in the throttle axis it is a very practical and versatile HOTAS for fixed and rotary wing modules. It conveys a nice impression of stall buffet, force trim etc. and also has trim wheels which are great for the Mustang.

I might get the Saitek X-55 though once it´s available in the EU to use at least the throttle because it can be quite difficult to get a helicopter to hover without any vertical movement.

Otherwise a great HOTAS.

@ SFAL:

Which tutorial did you use to rewire the G940 throttle and is it generally hard to do? I checked out some I found online, but hesitated because my G940 was still fairly new at the time.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

Currently, the X-55 was released, I think will interest you.

http://store.madcatz.com/brands/saitek/Saitek-Pro-Flight-X-55-Rhino-H-O-T-A-S-System-for-PC.html

However, the buttons necessary that you ask, I did not find.

Inter i5 2500k | Asus Z77 | GTX 670 Graphics | Corsair H80i | X52 Pro | Kingston SSD | Asus VG248QE Monitor |Website:Khôi Decal | Android | iOS

Warthog and Saitek pedals. Seriously looking into Slaw Device pedals when I have any money and a 10/15cm Warthog extension.

I need to find a seat that can be set at a proper height for comfortable use of pedals + supports putting the extended stick between my legs

Anyone have a recommendation for such a seat?