DCS Mirage 2000C Discussion

Bluedrake42

CptSmiley also said they are still tuning this ;)

However this is exactly the classic reaction of pilots transitioning from classic a/c to FBW a/c: they feel like they are flying "on rails" :)

That's also how I felt when I flew the A380 simulator (pro), and we're talking about 500 tons of inertia here!

Behavior is hardly different from the several times lighter A320.

Edited by Moos_tachu
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mud, wind and fire.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks good so far. can't wait to fly her.:thumbup:

On 5:00 before missile lauch, the locked sight on VTH(HUD) should be a square not a circle unfact it is an IR mode ?

VTB and RDI radar seems not yet available ?

on landing the pitch angle should be 14° 15° max. It seems that she lands very 'flat' with this WIP EFM.

What is more important is that we are out of SFM woods. :thumbup:

+1

Edited by snowsniper

i7-10700KF CPU  3.80GHz - 32 GO Ram - - nVidia RTX 2070 -  SSD Samsung EVO with LG  TV screen 40"  in 3840x2150 -  cockpit scale 1:1

- MS FFB2 Joystick  - COUGAR F16 throttle  - Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

Love this discussion here. Getting more excited for the release now.

Say, CptSmiley, the release hasn't already been delayed internally now, hasn't it? ;)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

The effect of crosswinds during landing is not simulated, I see no movement HUD as in the F-16.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System specs: CPU: i7-9700K@ 5.0 GHz | RAM: 32 GB | GPU: RTX 2080 Super | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | CH Products Pro Pedals |HP REverb

Which part of the video are you refering to? I can see in the beginning he had a piper but he was following in pure pursuit.

What happens in the video for first kill is that he's so close that he uses the gun cross to make the kill.

Check the second kill at 3:10, he starts with gun piper then the piper disappears (distance or unlock), then he uses the snake to estimate lead.

I mean that piper with the range scale inside the red circle. It seems to appear when a target is locked, but it just seems to be following the snake, as if only the range to the target is being used and not its position and velocity vector.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_tF_mQ7p54gNGhFbzBGWHlVOXc/view?usp=sharing

view?usp=sharing

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I mean that piper with the range scale inside the red circle. It seems to appear when a target is locked, but it just seems to be following the snake, as if only the range to the target is being used and not its position and velocity vector.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_tF_mQ7p54gNGhFbzBGWHlVOXc/view?usp=sharing

view?usp=sharing

We have talked about that already in previous pages. Yes the piper with range scale is on the snake. That's the way it's supposed to be.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

We have talked about that already in previous pages. Yes the piper with range scale is on the snake. That's the way it's supposed to be.

exactly, the piper is not a "predictor" sight, it's only adding range to the snake.

From what I read on the subject, historical sights were preferred over predictor sight, because more accurate, so I think it makes sense as it is.

This is awesome, Razbam! Thanks for sharing the WIP stuff and the good response to community input!

Wish some of the other 3rd party devs would handle it like you guys! But hey I'll keep it on a positive note

Cannot wait for the Mirage...:pilotfly:

This is awesome, Razbam! Thanks for sharing the WIP stuff and the good response to community input!

Wish some of the other 3rd party devs would handle it like you guys! But hey I'll keep it on a positive note

Cannot wait for the Mirage...:pilotfly:

There is a lot to learn from Razbam

exactly, the piper is not a "predictor" sight, it's only adding range to the snake.

From what I read on the subject, historical sights were preferred over predictor sight, because more accurate, so I think it makes sense as it is.

But the position of the pipper on the snake... I thought that represents the radar range as well (and not only the ring of the pipper) so that you would not have to guesstimate the right position by comparing the wing span size to the cross bars?

Indeed! Nice interaction between the devs and the community!

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I also want to express my appreciation for all the small updates! It's nice to be able to see how development is going on and what to expect from this module. It makes me confident, that you guys are doing an awesome job :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Thanks for all the input guys. FYI, found the issue with the roll and put in a fix and it looks much more representative from testing, flight and HUD videos. If you guys are curious it was a damping feedback term in the servo-dynamics. Hopefully the next time we do a video you'll see the new response in all it's glory.

Here is a video showing the take off the Mirage2000-5 with the exact same set up, 1 fuel tank and 2 missiles.

The take off time is more than 4 seconds longer. This is maybe something worth looking as. The take off looks indeed too short. What do you think Captain?

The point has been risen by somebody on facebook.

Here is a video showing the take off the Mirage2000-5 with the exact same set up, 1 fuel tank and 2 missiles.

The take off time is more than 4 seconds longer. This is maybe something worth looking as. The take off looks indeed too short. What do you think Captain?

I just watched the times on the video. The real life one only took 2 seconds longer, not 4. It is also carrying two additional missiles, so it is not the exact same setup. Besides, time to take off will depend on the weather.
Edited by VincentLaw

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think is has a little too much thrust modeled atm...look at the way it accelerates in the demo video from 90 knots and 75deg nose up.

I think is has a little too much thrust modeled atm...look at the way it accelerates in the demo video from 90 knots and 75deg nose up.
The Mirage 2000C has roughly a 1.3 Thrust to Weight ratio on empty. The Mirage 2000 had been flying around on burner for a while at that point in the video, so you can't really make any judgement there without knowing how much fuel was in the tanks. (We don't even know if they have fuel implemented in the EFM yet, or if that gauge is working in the cockpit)
Edited by VincentLaw

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]