DCS Mirage 2000C Discussion

Bluedrake42

I agreed with you that's it's flying slow jackass. Obviously the combination of negative stability and vectored thrust allows those planes to perform such manoeuvres. Either way, stop trying to disprove that tumbling 16 tons in the air like that is impressive.
Fine? How come most of the people take things personally as soon as they find someone with a different opinion. Why are you calling me a jackass? Is it because we find different things impressive?

Chill out. :D

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fine? How come most of the people take things personally as soon as they find someone with a different opinion. Why are you calling me a jackass? Is it because we find different things impressive?

Chill out. :D

I literally agreed to disagree with you and you carried on trying to prove me wrong.

Gotta catch them all bandits! :joystick:

I literally agreed to disagree with you and you carried on trying to prove me wrong.
I wasn't prooving you wrong, I was explaining my reasoning. It's not like every time you see an explanation it's to be inferred someone is trying to convince you. And I'm not the one that resorted to insults to make his point.

I wasn't prooving you wrong, I was explaining my reasoning. It's not like every time you see an explanation it's to be inferred someone is trying to convince you. And I'm not the one that resorted to insults to make his point.

Maybe jackass is a compliment, depends on opinions. I'll say sorry if we quit this, otherwise 1v1 2000C against 2000C duel.

• Like 1

Gotta catch them all bandits! :joystick:

Anyway gentlemen this has nothing to do with Mirage 2000. It begun with a slightly off topic nice joke about some movie stupid virtual stunt, it doesn't worth to fight :music_whistling:

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

I stand corrected, was foiled by the similar manuever. I still think it's not that impressive though. :D

EDIT: This may be just me, but I found this a lot more impressive:

Not impressive because Russian aircraft, but if French mirage you would been impressive? LOL :lol:

The Attack Viggen should not really be compared to a Mirage 2000C though.

No more then a Tornado Gr.1 or Sepecat jaguar should be compared to the Mirage 2000C.

As it is an attack aircraft and not a fighter so while it has some Air-Air Capabillities it was not ment to go head to head with fighter aircraft.

The Fighter Variant of the Viggen on the other hand is very comparable to the Mirage having many advantages but being less of a dogfighter.

But the variant we are getting (so far) is the AJS-37 attack viggen

(AJS is a weapons upgrade for the AJ-37)

and thus is very different beast from the Fighter variant or a Mirage 2000C.

Edited by mattebubben

I don't think the AJS Viggen has much of a chance against the M2000C. It is an attack variant that can only carry the Sidewinder for defensive purposes, has no Air to Air radar, and AFAIK has no internal gun (I could be wrong about that last part). A M2000C pilot would have to be pretty incompetent (or surprised and ambushed) not to win that fight, now a JA Viggen, well thats another story.

Edited by OnlyforDCS

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

How well will the Mirage compare to the Boeing 747?

The Boeng 747 is extremely superior in my opinion. It's cargo and passenger capacity is in a completely different league. It's potential for profit is superior to that of the Mirage 2000.

Typical 747 pilot.

Good guess, I currently fly the ground attack derivative of the 747. Passengers are squeezed into a cylinder or strapped under the wing and directly shot to their destination for an explosion of joy when they reach it.

It's called the Magnum 747.

now I'm waiting for the single engine, delta wing derivative.

• Like 1

I don't think the AJS Viggen has much of a chance against the M2000C. It is an attack variant that can only carry the Sidewinder for defensive purposes, has no Air to Air radar, and AFAIK has no internal gun (I could be wrong about that last part). A M2000C pilot would have to be pretty incompetent (or surprised and ambushed) not to win that fight, now a JA Viggen, well thats another story.

While ur right about the lack of an Internal gun ur a bit off on the other points.

the AJ 37s Radar Does have a Air-Air mode and its probably more capable then the radar of the Mig-21Bis.

And while ur right that it can only carry IR missiles the AJS upgrade came with the abillity to carry IR missiles on all pylons aswell as the abillity to carry the Aim-9L.

So while the mirage-2000C is superior to attack Viggen id say its more dangerous then a mig-21 and up to 6 All aspect Aim-9Ls is nothing to underestimate.

So while a Mirage pilot that gets the first spot on a viggen should be able to shoot it down (if he catches it) it would be lethal to for him to underestimate the AJS.

Any smart Attack Viggen pilot though will be smart enough to disengage rather then fight any of the modern fighters

(unless one gets the chance to catch somone offguard ofc)

And since Even the attack variant will do Mach 2 at altitude with 1350km/h at sea level you can make the chase drawn out / difficult for any fighter going after you.

But then again What Strike aircraft would come off ontop if tangeling with a modern fighter.

The Viggen would be no worse of then any other striker and better off then many (A-7,Su-22,Mig-27 etc) if engaged by a fighter.

Not even a tornado would do much better other then maby having a slight advantage in top speed.

But the AJS-37 Is actually faster then the Mirage-2000 at low alt so dropping external load and going full afterburner you would have a good chance of outrunning a mirage 2000 if ur not caught low/slow against a diving Mirage.