Why DCS?

Mgeli

your post angers me more than it should.

Its called DCS : FC3 because it officially fell under ED's IP Licensing from ubisoft. So its a rebranding to let people know that FC3 is now the full IP of ED. This means no more Lock-On Modern air combat requirement...

Correct me if Im wrong.

• Like 1

Man I could really use a navigator right about now.

i7-3770K @ Stock

MSI GD-65 Z77 Mobo

G.Skill Ripjaws Z [16GB] @ 2133 Mhz

AMD Radeon HD 7950 [sapphire Tech] @ 1150/1600 Mhz

OCZ Vector 256GB [C:/]

Seagate Barracuda LP 2TB @ 5900RPM [D:/]

Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB @ 7200 [E:/]

Western Digital Blue 1TB @ 7200 [H:/]

Corsair AX850 PSU

Corsair 650D Case [so Sexy <3]

This horse's corpse has been previously beaten beyond recognition so it shall not be attending this event. :)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

This horse's corpse has been previously beaten beyond recognition so it shall not be attending this event. :)

Did I get the answer right?

Do I get a cookie?

Man I could really use a navigator right about now.

i7-3770K @ Stock

MSI GD-65 Z77 Mobo

G.Skill Ripjaws Z [16GB] @ 2133 Mhz

AMD Radeon HD 7950 [sapphire Tech] @ 1150/1600 Mhz

OCZ Vector 256GB [C:/]

Seagate Barracuda LP 2TB @ 5900RPM [D:/]

Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB @ 7200 [E:/]

Western Digital Blue 1TB @ 7200 [H:/]

Corsair AX850 PSU

Corsair 650D Case [so Sexy <3]

Did I get the answer right?

Do I get a cookie?

I guess your answer is at least part of it. I never tried to follow the logic.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Why do you guys call this DCS if there are no new hardcore ( AFM+ Hardcore avionics and instruments) aircraft ? as I understand to call something DCS it should be the same level as A-10, P-51, Ka-50, Mi-8, Uh-1, or am I wrong?

Why not?

If some of your 'understanding' contradicts reality, then you must be mistaken. Adjust your understanding to reality. Do not expect the other way round.

OK I got it but that is not right , if it is DCS it should be it (hardcore like A-10) if its something else give it other name , but that is not very important i guess.

What is really interesting is that , if there is any plan to do DVD version of this product. It would be great addition to my collection of flight SIM with it's artwork and DVD disc itself.

I hope ED and Wag will do right choice and will publish this game in DVD format too.

Then the main program "DCS World" should also have another name, since it does not contain any harcore stuff.

I see no problem....

For me "DCS - specific aircraft name, like A-10C, KA-50, P-51D, UH-1H, MI-8" titles means hardcore", while "DCS-anything else, like Flaming cliffs 3, Flamingcliffs A-10, Flaming cliffs SU-25" means softcore :)

FinnJ

• Like 1

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

"Digital Combat Simulator" is a branding that denotes a wide range of products developed by Eagle Dynamics for the DCS: World environment. it does not imply anything more, or less than that.

+1 DCS just is the Name of the general Plattform you can install Modules on

My Specs:

I don`t care..it is a Computer..a black one..

The Wags worlds....

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1480510&postcount=1

DCS stands for “Digital Combat Simulator”. DCS is a world simulation engine permitting the user to operate or direct a growing number of combat and civilian aircraft, ground vehicles and ships, from different historical eras, in different geographical locations and at different levels of fidelity. It is a true "sand box" simulation

IE is the best web browser.. to download another browser.

And so DCS is the best simulation operating system, to get more aircraft.

And the FC3 fighter jets are still realistic, even with simplified avionics.

Also the AFM is coming for them.

How come can jet be realistic if there is no AFM and simplified avionics? just because cockpit looks real ? realistic means all systems looks like real, MFD , HUD an so on, and what do we have here ?ate least they could correctly implement indications on MFD and HUD without simplification and adding helpful indications on HUD( that are absent in real life analogs) . Mig and SU MFD is not real at all , HUD some kind of reality but still not the same as in real Mig and SU , I suggest to call everything its name , but that's my own opinion nobody has to agree to it.

Su-25 is okay , but what about Su-25 T? as I remember from past interview with ED, the indication on HUD is emulation of indication from Su-30 and fantasy of developers( best guess if you will), it does not represent real HUD of the Su-25T , and it its sad :)

They could always change the name to DCA (Digital Combat Approximation). Then there would be no grounds for complaints. ;)

They could always change the name to DCA (Digital Combat Approximation). Then there would be no grounds for complaints. ;)

Any simulation in existance is an abstraction of reality. Abstractions are never accurate under all conditions.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!