selling Thrustmaster Warthog extensions

Sahaj

Tested my extension this weekend. Worked better than I thought. Thanks Sahaj, recommended mod for Warthog. Makes the joystick movements lighter with force required and precision stays the same.

Here's a pic of my pit with mod. WIP pit.

image.thumb.jpeg.1f159adb90c3e6607a8867e81bba8678.jpeg

Current Flight Rig

i7 4960X @ 4.6Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Formula

G.SKILL TridentX 2400Mhz 32GB DDR3

Crucial 1TB MX300 SSD

MSI Gaming X 1080Ti

Samsung 55" JS8000 SUHD 4K

Windows 10 x64

TrackIR 5, Warthog HOTAS

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals

Custom Akers-Barnes, MkI eyeball.

Got my extension yesterday and played with it for a bit. Nice quality, the cable comes already adjusted to proper length.

In my opinion an extension seems almost a must have for Warthog. It allows you to make smoother, more precise movements and due to the lever effect you don't need to fight the stick so much. Keeping it in one place is also easier and if you let it go for just a bit you don't need to be so careful for it to spring back too much. The Warthog spring force is very strong out of the box and the extension brings it to more acceptable levels for me. Because of this, dogfighting does not feel like an arm wrestling match anymore :)

Oh, and I got a 7,5 cm extension. I have not tried any others, but I think longer ones might make the spring force too weak. Perhaps for helicopters or WWII planes that would be desirable, but for jets and some WWI simming, the 7,5 cm seems like a good compromise.

Another plus is that you can then easily use the stick in a central position and make yourself comfortable :) The extension also allows for a twist offset to make this position more comfortable.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just recieved my new extension from Sahaj

I asked him a custom made extension of about 45 cm because i want to place the Warthog base on the floor matching the right joystick height with my Playseat Flightseat.

Here the result:

20151116_185010_zpslt350job.jpg

20151116_185020_zpsfmzgdsbs.jpg

20151116_185046_zpskd465vao.jpg

The extension is two pieces built and it's really easy to fit.

As for my request this mod is really long, so an adjustment of axis saturation is needed just to reduce the required travel to reach full command in the sim. For me works fine at 50%.

I also tried a little free flight with the UH-1H feeling an incredible smoothness and a better sensivity in hover.

A very great work by Sahaj. :thumbup:

| CPU: Intel I7 4820K@3.9GHz | GPU: ASUS GTX780 | MOBO: ASUS Rampage IV Extreme

| RAM:Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 @1600 | PSU: Coolermaster v850 | OS: Windows7 x86_64|

Thrustmaster Warthog; OE-XAM collective; CH Pedals; CH control panel.

The springs can not handle that set up for sure!!!!

But what is that extension like 7.62 X 51?

It must be sweet for a chopper man!

Does it stay in every position when you let go?

What is the total grip throw distance measured from the top of the warthog?

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

The springs can not handle that set up for sure!!!!

But what is that extension like 7.62 X 51?

It must be sweet for a chopper man!

Does it stay in every position when you let go?

What is the total grip throw distance measured from the top of the warthog?

That's true, the main spring action results very weak now. Before this mod i removed the spring, i liked that super smooth feeling; now, with the extension the main sprong returned home.

Most the time i fly choppers; for me this setup works fine.

It keeps the position, yes.

Grip throw is about 19 cm, measured from the base of handle grip (point of the arrow). Really too much, so i reduced to 50 the "X" axis saturation for pitch and roll axis.

| CPU: Intel I7 4820K@3.9GHz | GPU: ASUS GTX780 | MOBO: ASUS Rampage IV Extreme

| RAM:Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 @1600 | PSU: Coolermaster v850 | OS: Windows7 x86_64|

Thrustmaster Warthog; OE-XAM collective; CH Pedals; CH control panel.

I thought they were a bit pricey when I ordered them, but I bit the bullet, and ordered 2 15 cm extension tubes.

I received them this morning, so delivery times are top notch. I'd been using an acrylic tube, that I'd made into an extension, and I'd had no issues with that until a large crack developed, and I thought it was time to get something more permanent.

I must say they feel much more precise than the acrylic. I always had just a tiny bit of slop, and I'm truly amazed by how much more effective stick inputs are with the properly engineered tubes.

The finish is excellent, and the custom made extension lead is very neat, and fits perfectly too, with just enough extra length to make plugging everything in before screwing on the joystick handle.

My joystick now just feels so much more solid and positive. I'd not hesitate in recommending them. Sahaj is in Poland, and he has a pretty good website, payment for the products is simple through paypal, includes postage, and the service is prompt and reliable.

Expensive, yes, but definitely worth the money. If you are thinking of getting extension tubes, then I recommend Sahaj, with no reservations at all.

Thanks Sahaj!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey gang,

I am about to order an extension for my Warthog. I would like to go with this one, as it is available in black which I would prefer I think.

Only thing I need to determine is the length I want, you guys that are using the 7.5, how are you using the stick - where are you setting it for use, between your legs?

Thanks for any feedback,

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Using any form of extension you're really going to want it centre mounted.

I would suggest you lower the base a little. You should be able to rest your wrist lightly on your leg. Personally I think 10-12cm offers the best balance of spring force/accuracy.

476th vFG Alumni

Using any form of extension you're really going to want it centre mounted.

I would suggest you lower the base a little. You should be able to rest your wrist lightly on your leg. Personally I think 10-12cm offers the best balance of spring force/accuracy.

Thanks for the feedback!

I am trying to wrap my head around this, so center mounted means the stick base is going to be sitting on the floor correct? When you say lower the base a little, are you saying set the base on some sort of pedestal between my legs, and the height of the pedestal or whatever I sit it on then will be the determining factor?

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Thanks for the feedback!

I am trying to wrap my head around this, so center mounted means the stick base is going to be sitting on the floor correct? When you say lower the base a little, are you saying set the base on some sort of pedestal between my legs, and the height of the pedestal or whatever I sit it on then will be the determining factor?

Not necessarily on the floor. I'm using a simple stool just a bit lower than my chair so that the stick handle is at a proper height. Some other people are mounting the stick on platforms fastened to their chairs etc. So there are different methods, you just need to find what's best for you :)

Not necessarily on the floor. I'm using a simple stool just a bit lower than my chair so that the stick handle is at a proper height. Some other people are mounting the stick on platforms fastened to their chairs etc. So there are different methods, you just need to find what's best for you :)

Ok thanks for the information.

I am going to go ahead and order one here shortly, really struggling decided on a length, guess I will just go ahead and get the 7.5 as well , got to start somewhere I guess LOL.

I will just wait and figure out what I am going to set it on after I have it. Surely I can come up with something.

Don B

I have a very special application: I created my own stick using a real F-4 Phantom B-8 grip/stick setup using a BU08036X board and linear pots. For various reasons, I have decided to replace it with the Warthog stick and an extension.

There were several options between do-it-yourself projects and third party extensions. I did a spreadsheet to figure out what length of extension I needed for the Warthog stick to match the physical throw of the F-4 stick. The result was almost exactly 15 cm. After reviewing my options, Sahaj had the best solution for a reasonable price considering the size (exactly 15 cm is a standard option), quality, and functionality of the product. What could be better than a machined metal extension with a perfectly matched cable? The price is high, but you get what you pay for.

The parts arrived a couple of days ago from Poland with exactly the high quality I expected. Today, I finally had the chance to modify my basic F-4 Sim Pit to use them. Overall, the result is outstanding. The Warthog stick is installed in such a way that it is almost exactly the same height/range-of-motion as the F-4/B-8 stick it replaced. I was able to easily angle the Warthog grip on the extension as desired so that it is fairly comfortable to hold and use for and extended period of time.

The extension doesn't completely eliminate legendary Warthog "sticktion" or the clunky feeling experienced when crossing the center, but it reduces those problems so much that I can smoothly move the stick in very small increments, even across the stick center.

The one complaint I have has nothing to do with using Sahaj's extension. I had carefully selected centering springs for the B-8 grip/F-4 stick. These springs provided great feedback on the position of the stick. It took a bit of force to pull the stick full aft. The Warthog with the 15 cm extension will return to center, but does not provide any meaningful forces as you move away from center.

Attached files show after to the left and before to the right.

SimPitNewStick.thumb.JPG.33b172bdc00608ff9c6338ef934b924f.JPG

SimPitBefore2.thumb.JPG.f3a19813506cb2c59898009180027aef.JPG

Edited by streakeagle

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi all,

I have been away quite for a while now and it’s time to return, with my return my website returns with a new design, second language (German), new prices, new products of which more will follow in the next weeks.

Hereby I want to thank all of you who visited my website so far and especially those who purchased one or more of my extensions. Thank you for all the positive feedback, comments and pictures of your setups, it gives me the drive to carry on and think of new ideas, plans etc. to fine tune the flying experience.

Check out my redesigned website and the new videos, soon I will announce the new products along with a Best Deals Bar:

[ame]

[/ame]

http://warthog-extensions-by-sahaj.com/

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year ALL !

S! Sahaj

Edited by Sahaj

kpt. pil. / Capt. Sahaj

Oficer Operacyjny

1. Eskadra Myśliwska / 1. Pułk Lotniczy

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://warthog-extensions-by-sahaj.com/

Nice!

Hmm new products, I was about to pull the trigger on an extension...

Edit: Ordered the 7.5cm black extension, looking forward to it!

Merry Christmas!!

Edited by dburne

Don B

• 2 weeks later...

I've never been into helicopters much, but once in a while I feel like learning something new. So, DCS helicopters turned out to be their own little hell when trying to learn to fly them with your normal everyday warthog stick.

A guy who flies Ka-50s at the virtual wing I'm a member of suggested I'd give one of these extensions a go. They worked wonders for him. So, I got myself the 15cm extension. He was right!

Speedy delivery and no problem installing what so ever. Basically plug 'n' play! Only thing is that I'll have to make a drastic redesign to my setup now. I've Jury-rigged something together, but it's a minor inconvenience for the ammount of added enjoyment I'm now getting from learning to fly Helo's.

Thanks for the product Sahaj! Real help!

I received my 7.5cm extension yesterday, have not had time to hook it up and give it a try yet - hopefully tomorrow. I do ok in the KA-50 so far, looking forward to seeing the difference in it using this extension.

Don B

The biggest problem with buying an extension is that sooner or later you will want a longer one. I started with 7.5 but my third one is 12.5. :)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

The biggest problem with buying an extension is that sooner or later you will want a longer one. I started with 7.5 but my third one is 12.5. :)

Lol yeah that is probably how it will go for me as well. Hope to get to try this out later today.

Don B

Ok so finally got my new 7.5cm black extension installed.

Installation was very straightforward and easy.

The final product:

IMG_0430.jpg

IMG_0431.jpg

One nice thing is you can loosen the collar and twist the stick handle a little to orient it more left or right for comfort.

Now at first I thought maybe I would just set the Warthog between my legs and use it centered there, but really the 7.5cm is a little short for that - at least for me, I am somewhat tall as well. My desk has two pull out leaves to it, one on my right and one on my left. That is typically where my stick and throttle sat. The leaves are a couple of inches lower than the desktop which helps. So I ended up using it so far still like this, and it is pretty comfortable.

So I took the KA-50 up for a spin, and flew it around for about a half hour or so. Feels very good, I definitely like flying this this extension better than without. I am smoother on the cyclic for sure. I am not going to say it got rid of all the stiction the Warthog stick has, but it has certainly helped in that department a lot. I am able to make smaller and finer control adjustments that are smoother than what I was doing previously, as the resistance to moving the stick is much less than stock.

I had a hard time deciding on an extension length, so ended up flipping a coin basically and going with the 7.5cm. Probably if I really wanted to use this between my legs, I should have gone with something longer, like the 10 or more. But that is ok with this one I am still able to comfortable use it positioned like it was and have been doing.

Very pleased so far!

Edited by dburne

Don B

Happy new year Sahaj, here is a pic of the extension in place in my sim/pit. Sorry for the delay as life gets in the way on occasion!

I cannot see having a Warthog without it. It really makes a great piece of equipment even better. I chose the 10mm Extension.

Thank you for the ability to fly with precision!

I will be ordering again for friends and a new project I am taking on for our local air museum. Stay tuned!

Will Whiteside

ATP and other stuff!

getPart.jpg.3db3e465601c56acb2863079c2a8b67d.jpg

7.jpg.9c0ee1d9d8f5b8c482651290fa9d56e1.jpg

6.jpg.31dfa85f18406bca1d81d7ec248c5ea1.jpg

i9-9900K 3.6(Running at 5.0 GHZ) 32GB Memory

2x M.2 drives

Win 10 64bit

RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra

OCULUS RIFT CV1

VKB Gunfighter 2 extended/TM Pedals/TM Warthog throttles.

• 2 weeks later...

I have received my 7.5 extension the other day I once mounted (really easy) it makes a huge diferent and better stick. It's more precise and easy to move. I use it as a side stick and I can say that the increased movement is not a problem.

Thank you Sahaj!

Sorry for being ot... Have you considered doing extensions for the saitek x55 as well? It also have detachable stick from the base, if you need info about the stick i can help.

I saw a diy mod on this forum, but i am not good at all with these stuff. Thanks.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png