selling Thrustmaster Warthog extensions

Sahaj

Many thanks I am really looking forward to trying it out

Yeah I have a centre mounted stick on a homemade base. To adjust for the new extension I have to have a stand of 23 cm in height. Found an old speaker stand that should do the trick. Going to fabricate a plate to eliminate the original square mounting plate that catches my calves when using the rudder pedals. Got some Krylon black paint I am going to spruce up my collective and the new stand. Nice to have a project again:thumbup:

Yes, I know exactly what you mean about the catching!

As you get your project going (or maybe even now!) it would be great to share your progress with plenty of photographs, maybe on a dedicated thread? I am such a newbie/klutz when it comes to hands-on crafts like this. I used wood glue and clamps for the first time in my quad-decade life the other day, and felt like a 6-year old (both in terms of excitement as well as utter cluelessnes/clumsiness). So, the stick stand was my first carpentry project, and basically consists of a bunch of blocks glued very crudely together! It works ... OK. Do not know how the stabilize the blocks on the carpet, especially as I do not want to make the base any wider to avoid the catching ...

The catching problem is made worst that the motion of the sliding true fixed-wing style rudder pedals makes your leg move back and forth, and so you have to place the pedals far forward as well as carefully ensure that the stick mount is low and narrow enough such that moving your leg back does not result in the catching. This puts a hard limit on the width of the base which limits the stability. With true helicopter style anti-torque pedals (as with hopefully my soon-to-arrive VKB T-bar IV's), this will be less of an issue, as your legs stay in place (no moving backward), and just your feet move.

Maybe you guys can put my mind at ease, I have had no actual confirmation of purchase and no reply from a PM sent to Sahaj. I am sure its nothing to worry about but I have never liked paypal and I do like some proof of purchase when spending money on teh interweb:noexpression:

I got an extension from Sahaj. You will have no problems. It will get to you. :)

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Hi all,

Just a quick one about my setup with my new stick extension from Sahaj.

Works a charm and it feels way better when handling my rides, be it plane or rotor crafts.

Especially good for more precise flying like air refuel or even ILS landing.

Good thing as well is that I can have an angle for the stick which feels much more natural (dunno if its the case in reality though).

I enjoy it a lot. Here's a pic of my rudimentary cockpit :-p

Cheers,

18190132_mysetup.thumb.jpg.3a67ab606dd75eafd16b59cc3ea97a47.jpg

Just got the 15cm extension, And it works perfecly for all the modules.

Around 10% or less with curvatives and the A-10 controls pretty close to 1:1

Makes for much much better overall feeling and precise controls.

Really quick to ship and reply to emails.

Thanks alot Sahaj!

• 1 month later...

Received my 10cm extension from Sahaj which took just 3 days to arrive in the U.K. and Wow, what a transformation. It has totally changed my flight sim experience for the better, No more dead zones or curves for me now :joystick: just smooth, smooth,smooth. Well made and easy to install, worth every penny, would highly recommend. thanks S' :thumbup:

Edit. Sorry about the pictures being sideways, did rotate them but they still stayed this way!

899813563_20160902_101652(1).thumb.jpg.0fc6f56fc69e528318e9f61d85bfd16d.jpg

20160831_165305.thumb.jpg.8695aaac56b396bbddd917a87cf378d9.jpg

Edited by Caspet

Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee

Muhammad Ali-(Cassius Clay)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Sahaj

Just received my 20cm extension, great service, really well made love the feel of the polished finish on it,

just took the F-5 up for a spin and all I can say is why didn't I do this sooner, so much more accurate no fighting the spring, gotta get used to the aircraft with it, it's like day one DCS all over again

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Modules are like Pokemon you gotta catch 'em all :joystick::lol::pilotfly:

AMD Ryzen7 3700x, G-Skills 32Gb RAM @ 3200Mhz, MSI GTX1080Ti, TM Warthog (20cm extension by Sahaj), MFG Crosswind Pedals, Oculus Rift, Track Ir5

Gents:

Can this be used with a thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS? I have Ian Johnson's metal gimbals so I do not need to worry about snapping the old TM stock gimbals.

Roland

Yes Roland, it is 100% compatible.

S!

kpt. pil. / Capt. Sahaj

Oficer Operacyjny

1. Eskadra Myśliwska / 1. Pułk Lotniczy

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://warthog-extensions-by-sahaj.com/

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sahaj

My 20cm extension added a lot more to smooth adjustments in flight. With the stick between my legs and my arm resting on my thigh,flying has been a joy. Now,if only I could spot the buggers before they're on my six,with a gun solution.....

P1030218_zpsrmwoodsa.jpg

P1030217_zps9qnbkrck.jpg

System Specs :

Processor ; Intel®Core i7-3930 CPU@ 3.20GHz.

RAM -16.0 GB

Type-64bit

GPU-GTX 970

Never eject over a village you've just bombed - US Marines Gen.

Sahaj's extensions

Bought the 7.5 cm extension and couldn't be more pleased!! Sahaj's quality is well worth the money. The larger span of movement makes dogfighting feel more engaging, all while making air to air refueling and formation flying easier.

Thanks!

Here is my setup \/ I was going to build a support for my stick but my chair was deep enough to support it. Worked out just right.

IMG_0178.thumb.JPG.fd8980a2b8918ac651882be75dc28667.JPG

IMG_0179.thumb.JPG.13c5782fab453fa6b5816d78bfe5e3ff.JPG

GeForce GTX 970, i5 4690K 3.5 GHz, 8 GB ram, Win 10, 1080p

Extension cable defective

After using the 10 cm black extension for about a year the extension cable is defective. I moved house a few times and had to take the extension off a couple of times. The cable is a little deformed, and the male connector has movement along the cable.

It looks like the cheapest option is to buy a new cable on the interweb, but I am not sure what type it is. It looks like a 5 pin male ps/2 and 5 pin female ps/2. Can someone confirm?

It is hard to go back to the normal warthog stick ... especially in my Huey.

Yes, technically speaking it's called mini DIN 5 pin connector. Similar to 6-pin one referred to as PS/2, but definitely not as common. Buying a complete cable off the shelf might not be easy then, but buying a male + female part and making one Yourself should be doable.

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

*****Ignore this post - extension working fine - problem was with the joystick.********

I got my extension today but cant get it to work.

When I press the trigger ALL the buttons light up.

No reaction to the other buttons.

Edited by drack
problem solved

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Question: The complete unit height (minus base plate if possible), when using a 15cm or 20cm extension?

Is it straight forward standard stick height, plus the extension, or does it add/subtract some length?

637057373_TMextensionheight.thumb.jpg.f71e32b65878fc6077d375f4909bdb46.jpg

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Just ordered a second 10cm extension for versatility.

Question: The complete unit height (minus base plate if possible), when using a 15cm or 20cm extension?

Is it straight forward standard stick height, plus the extension, or does it add/subtract some length?

Sahaj's extensions increase the height of the stick by the stated extension length only. There are no other adapters/collars/etc. that add/remove extra length.

*edit*

After further review, it seems that the stated length of the extension includes the ~1cm threaded section. A 10cm extension will then, for example, add ~9cm to the overall height of the stick.

Edited by Harzach

dcs_sig.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I just received my new extension from Sahaj. I had one from another manufacturer but it met an untimely end when one of my son's friends pushed too hard. I decided to give Sahaj's 10cm extension a try and am very pleased with the build quality.

mOKhnKU.jpg

Hello pilot.

I own an extension that I bought to Sahaj since.. May be two years now. Recently I discovered and ordered his dust cover and I'm very happy with it, so I though it's time to share my experience. The stick cover FULLY protect my 15cm extended stick. I can not tell if the same cover could fully protect a 20cm extended stick.

Nothing to say about the extension itself.. It does the job, I could NOT revert back and use a vanilla Warthog, make no sense to me.

I also ordered a stiffer Red Spring to combine with my 15cm extension in order to get back the original centering force we experience with a unextended Warthog. It's a tactile feedback I enjoy, and need.

I'll add picture of the protection to this post when the condition to take cool picture will be met.

Until then here's the extension in his new home. (Yes.. This was an old socks dust cover ^^)

J8xnfLh.jpg

51HMJZE.jpg

t59pTFf.jpg?1

c7DUvQ1.jpg

3DvifgH.jpg

0Jszb2K.jpg

8OWtKob.jpg

Edited by Ant0ine