MP FPS bug

VapoR

I average 15-25fps in an online flight. After some time, usually after a respawn, my fps drops to 6, then slowly gets even worse until the game is unplayable. Exiting and rejoining the mission sometimes helps a little, but to get back to normal I have to fully restart the game--or sometimes a full reboot.

I've talked to a few others who have this problem too, so I don't think it's my setup. I don't remeber this happening in 1.1 or earlier, only in 1.11 and 1.12.

Any chance this will get looked into by the devs? MP is almost worthless when you can only fly about 30 or 45 minutes without a restart!!

I average 15-25fps in an online flight. After some time, usually after a respawn, my fps drops to 6, then slowly gets even worse until the game is unplayable. Exiting and rejoining the mission sometimes helps a little, but to get back to normal I have to fully restart the game--or sometimes a full reboot.

I've talked to a few others who have this problem too, so I don't think it's my setup. I don't remeber this happening in 1.1 or earlier, only in 1.11 and 1.12.

Any chance this will get looked into by the devs? MP is almost worthless when you can only fly about 30 or 45 minutes without a restart!!

I've got a feeling a memory leak has crept in somewhere ... If I run on-line for long periods of time, I get virtual memory low warning and lots of disk thrashing ... a sure sign of a leak - although I haven't done any perfmon testing yet.

You need a swap file of 2 GIGs for LOMAC. It would also hep to know wich system specs you have.

I cant complain much about FPS drop, to me its less acentuated than in previous versions, but I still have it too.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

It may be a RAM issue. If I remember correctly, when loaded the game takes around 1.3GB of RAM from my 2GB.

I could be wrong, but I think it may be connected to the debrief log.

When you exit an MP session after a few hours of heated battle, there are sometime 30-60 pages depending on ferocity of the battle. And it takes forever to load.

I wonder if this may be eating the VM?

You need a swap file of 2 GIGs for LOMAC.

Where one earth did you come up with that figure? The whole app isn't 2GB! Normally it uses a few hundred MB of RAM ... it only starts eating swap space because its leaking memory! Even 2GB will run out eventually ... but by then you'll be swapping like mad and your machine will crawl!

There's some strange leak there. Yes, I confirm what Vapor said.

Same MP mission, on 504 server. FPS above average 30, then after respawn framerate dropped to 1-3FPS, totally unberable, and only full LockOn restart helped to get back to normal FPS on same MP session that was running.

1.12 version here, 1GB of RAM.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

My specs:

XP 2100

1gb pc2100

9500 pro 128mb Cat 6.2

Most of my settings are on medium, except effects are on low and shadows all planar. Running 1280x960 with no AA and no AF.

Pilotasso: how do I check what my swap file is set at? XP SP2 btw.

Shaman: I've had this happen on ALL of the missions on the 504th. I don't think it's the missions themselves, cause I test them offline and have no problems. I'm not sure if this happens on other servers as I don't fly on any others.

My specs:

XP 2100

1gb pc2100

9500 pro 128mb Cat 6.2

Most of my settings are on medium, except effects are on low and shadows all planar. Running 1280x960 with no AA and no AF.

Pilotasso: how do I check what my swap file is set at? XP SP2 btw.

Shaman: I've had this happen on ALL of the missions on the 504th. I don't think it's the missions themselves, cause I test them offline and have no problems. I'm not sure if this happens on other servers as I don't fly on any others.

your system imo i would run on low settings to get max fps...

Where one earth did you come up with that figure? The whole app isn't 2GB! Normally it uses a few hundred MB of RAM ... it only starts eating swap space because its leaking memory! Even 2GB will run out eventually ... but by then you'll be swapping like mad and your machine will crawl!

The same whay you get the warning yours is not big enough. I tried realy huge missions untill I seased to have severe stuttering for HD access or such warnings.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Thanks for the tips guys, I think setting the swap file to 2gb did the trick. I flew for about 2 hours tonight and didn't have the usual problem. There was only 8-15 people on the server at any one time though, can't wait to try it with a full server.

Amazing as it might seem, but the 2gb swap file is indeed the solution for this. Just for the sake of it, while testing I tried turning off my swap file completely (2gb of ram) and the game does that to me on the 2nd spawn (just as u described). So I just set it back to 5gb that I always had it set on. (might be overkilling it but works fine for me). Cheers!

Breakshot_Sig_2.jpg

Tim "Breakshot" Mytrofanov | C.O. of 51 ПВО / 100 КИАП Regiments | twitch.tv/51breakshot