Browser-Based Multiplayer Mission Planner for DCS: World

FSFIan

Thanks for your answers!

The mission state file that is being saved when you run the save script triggers.

I've tried to search but cannot find anyting regarding "save script triggers".

Could you give me some more information or point me in the right direction?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We are looking for Swedish members!

http://www.masterarms.se

Take a look at these files (doScript.txt includes very brief instructions on what to to).

EDIT: You need to:

• Copy the MissionScripting.lua file to the one in your DCS World installation directory (or copy the function defined there over if you already have another mod that modified that file)
  • Add Mist to your mission
  • add some way (e.g. an F10 radio menu trigger or some automated timer) to call the code in doScript.txt to save the state to %USERPROFILE%/Saved Games/DCS/Logs/MissionState.txt
  • Upload that MissionState.txt file to your mission planner instance

Edited by [FSF]Ian

• 2 months later...

Just a few problems...

I can only connect via the "Red URL" and "Blue URL" link...

Admin link says connection lost.

And spectator mod need a password and I dont know where to find it.

How should I use the DCS topographic map? I put the DCS-MAP folder inside the DCS-mission-planner??? because I keep seeing the DCS online.

=)

A.K.A. Timon -117th- in game

Just a few problems...

I can only connect via the "Red URL" and "Blue URL" link...

Admin link says connection lost.

The admin URL is only useful in the admin tool (and you can put it into a web browser directly to get a list of all the other URLs). It does nothing in planner_client.html.

And spectator mod need a password and I dont know where to find it.

The spectator URLs work just like the red/blue URLs: you have to paste them into the "Connect URL" field, not click them directly.

How should I use the DCS topographic map? I put the DCS-MAP folder inside the DCS-mission-planner??? because I keep seeing the DCS online.

=)

If the "dcs-map" folder from the archive is next to the "planner_client.html" file, it should automatically use it. What OS and browser are you using?

If you can't get it to use the local copy of the map, it's no big deal. The online version is exactly the same and by now I am confident that the server it is hosted on will stay way under its monthly traffic limit.

Great! Thanks, i made the dcs map work perfectly, now i understand the use of the admin tool...

But where do i find or set the user/password for spectator url.. I paste them in the connect url and it ask me for a password.

And...

How long does an instance stays online? Its there and option to completly close the instance?

During testing i have set up about 7 instances...

Great tool!! Thanks, i know your not updating this anymore, but if you take suggestions, a simple line draw appart from cirle or poly would be great

A.K.A. Timon -117th- in game

But where do i find or set the user/password for spectator url.. I paste them in the connect url and it ask me for a password.

That is a very weird problem to have. Client-side, there is no difference at all between regular and spectator mode. When you use a spectator URL, the server will simply decline all of your edit requests (so you get the "conflicting edit" error message).

What exact OS and browser versions are you using? Have you tried a different browser?

And...

How long does an instance stays online? Its there and option to completly close the instance?

During testing i have set up about 7 instances...

The instance stays online indefinitely (the database file is currently 14 MB in size, the server has 12 GB disk space left). If the database ever gets over a few 100 MB I will delete old instances manually.

Great tool!! Thanks, i know your not updating this anymore, but if you take suggestions, a simple line draw appart from cirle or poly would be great

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll add that feature when I rebuild the mission planner on top of Witchcraft.

• 1 month later...

Why has no one told me about this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just DCS''ed all over my shirt.

You Guys Are F&^king Awesome. Man o Man Have I been looking for something like this. I think I love you lol

Edited by BlackMagic

- DCS Black Shark 2 -- DCS A-10C -- DCS Mustang -- DCS Combined Arms -

• 3 weeks later...
1. Save static objects status (alive/destroyed).

also map objects?

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

Neg, I'll look into it if it's possible.

:smilewink: I honestly need to understand if it's possibile to set a map objects dead :). If so, I may be able to realize something interesting for sequential mission's campaing persistence.

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

Checked, not possible.

The info on map objects is not stored on the mission file.

The only way to do it that I see is to run a loop at the start of the mission on all the map objects and remove those who were removed before, this would be a big change to the save script and I would not recommend doing it.

• 2 years later...

I found this thread and tryed to use this tool for MP missions but it doesn't seem to work anymore. A message says : "Error: The blue side has no routes to edit."

Is there a chance this can be repaired ? It's the only tool I found to be able to look at a flight plan before mission start in MP :cry:

[/url]All known Dynamic Campaign Engine Campaigns

Last DCE news : Crisis in PG - Blue version

This project broke when the mission file format changed a few months ago and I haven't bothered to fix it. I wanted to get to a point where it would modify waypoints while the mission is running, but that turned out to be impossible, so I abandoned the project. I also have my hands full with DCS-BIOS development now.

If you want to fix this, look at admintool.html. It has two <span> tags, one for the code that translates a DCS mission into a JSON data structure (id="load_mission_lua") and one that translates that JSON data structure back into a Lua mission data structure id="save_mission_lua"). You would have to modify those Lua functions to work with the current mission file format. They are executed in the web browser using weblua.

The Lua functions are called from JavaScript in admintool.js. Look at the create_instance() function and the click handler for the save button.

Sorry for the messy code, because it was a proof-of-concept I never got around to cleaning it up.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I didn't know people were still using this, it's been broken for quite a while now because I can't find the time and interest to adapt it to the new mission file format. I lost interest when I found out that I wouldn't be able to upload new waypoints into a running mission.

If you PM me one of the other URLs for your instance, I can look up the admin URL.

But it probably won't be of any use to you as the export function does not work with current DCS versions anymore...

• 2 years later...

l8f5VSo.jpg

j/k

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least