ANNOUNCEMENT - DCS: MiG-21bis

Cobra847

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are right, I don't know what happened. $15144 US dollars is missing and we know the name and address of a person who took the money. What do you suggest?

Lets just see it as... Beczl DID work on the project for a long time, regardless of what percentage of work it was. If he left the team before it was released he misses out on the funds, so I guess maybe the team "let him" have the IndieGoGo funds and maybe he won't see any more of it... think of it as his "payout"... this is probably not what happened (or maybe it is) but anyway, it's past now... I do feel bad for Beczl also, he did work hard on it... he does deserve some reward for the work.

lets all just leave it as is now... they have sorted their internal issue and the fans get to fly the Fishbed soon® :pilotfly:

Its human to forgive :smilewink:

No longer active in DCS...

I pledge $100 to Leatherneck Simulations team. I highly appreciate that the Leatherneck Simulations will fulfill Beczl promises. And for that, I say they should be rewarded. After I receive my MiG-21BIS copies, I'll find a way to spend $100 to buy couple of extra copies and give them as gifts to my friends.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Lets just see it as... Beczl DID work on the project for a long time, regardless of what percentage of work it was. If he left the team before it was released he misses out on the funds, so I guess maybe the team "let him" have the IndieGoGo funds and maybe he won't see any more of it... think of it as his "payout"... this is probably not what happened (or maybe it is) but anyway, it's past now... I do feel bad for Beczl also, he did work hard on it... he does deserve some reward for the work.

lets all just leave it as is now... they have sorted their internal issue and the fans get to fly the Fishbed soon® :pilotfly:

Its human to forgive :smilewink:

Very good point, it makes alot of sense to look at it this way and I do very much agree with your reasoning. Win-win?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

Glad to see you back in business and with your problems solved.

Thanks for the explanation and best of luck with your new projects !

My TM Warthog DIY extension tutorial

C2Duo E8600 @ 4.4Ghz. | Asus Rampage Formula X48 | MSI GTX 560Ti OC |

8Gb.Corsair DDR2 RAM @ 1103Mhz. | Crucial M4 128Gb. SSD | 850W. PSU |

HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Pedals | TIR 5 | Helios | 24" Monitor/22" Touchscreen

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nice to hear. The project is already late like two years or something (lost count) so I don't care of any delays. The 30$ I paid is still a steal for the final product. Hopefully the extra DVD is the one originally planned by Beczl with exclusive material.

Thanks for all the devs, past and present.

Glad to hear you are back on track, looking forward to getting my hands on it.

Hope you are able to clear any remaining back-room issues without too much hassle :)

Cheers,

Jamie

Per Ardua Ad Aquarium :drink:

Specs: Intel i7-9700K, GTX 2080TI, 32GB DDR4, ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E, Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2

Awesome news! Good luck with finishing your already amazing product! One question: is the website http://www.dcs-mig21.com still the correct one, or is there a new site?

Thank you all for your kind words. We are proud to be able to be part of and provide content for such an excellent community.

@Koekemoeroetoe (That was interesting to type :D)

The site is still up but we're a few days from launching our new site. The current one will then redirect to the new one.

Edited by Cobra847

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

I agree with Hajduk and I think the politicall corectness and niceness should be thrown out the window when it comes to the money pledged.

I don't expect from Leatherneck simulations anything in return and I understand it's not their fault but I do feel kinda silly that the money I pledged didn't, in the end, go to the project and that possibly, someone just took it. So yeah, if it's Beczl or whoever, he/they should be held accountable.

It's a matter of principles, especially if the Letherneck sims are also loosing money by having to cover for someone elses theft and provide free copies of the game to the folks who pledged..

So the question is quite simple: who took the money from the IndieGoGo campaign?

Do we have to wait for an answer for months or will it be put under the rug because we don't want to stirr any pot or 'offend' someone?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World

Do you have access to a database of all the ones who took part in the kickstarterprogramm?

It would be probably a good idea to mail them a little headsup mail, things are progressing etc. Maybe some of them saw the anouncement thar this project gets cancelled and now need to know that things sorted out...

Tbh i dont know what account i used back then and if i would receive such a mail i would know my data still exists.

I dont mind paying another copy but at least knowing what mailaddy kickstarter would mail to, could help reactivate the account :D

I agree with Hajduk and I think the politicall corectness and niceness should be thrown out the window when it comes to the money pledged.

I don't expect from Leatherneck simulations anything in return and I understand it's not their fault but I do feel kinda silly that the money I pledged didn't, in the end, go to the project and that possibly, someone just took it. So yeah, if it's Beczl or whoever, he/they should be held accountable.

It's a matter of principles, especially if the Letherneck sims are also loosing money by having to cover for someone elses theft and provide free copies of the game to the folks who pledged..

+1

So the question is quite simple: who took the money from the IndieGoGo campaign?

Do we have to wait for an answer for months or will it be put under the rug because we don't want to stirr any pot or 'offend' someone?

It may not seem what it is, we don't know.

Maybe we can get a little bit of more information on what final deal has been made with Beczl. If the new studio purchased the assets and projectshare from Beczl with their entitled funds for development expenses? (Settlement)

(If so, then the statement has a distorted view about the indiegogo backer funds.)

I share the same concerns as pman formulated.

It all sounds everything is ok, but there might be some risks.

Apart from this, I'm happy to see a statement.

I hope the future is bright! I wish the team all the best!

Man I am so hyped now! Let's hope this delay beyond the posted release date won't be much longer than previous delays :D I've always wondered why holding a second kickstarter or indiegogo isn't an option? Excuse me if it's not my place to ask, but I'm sure there are plenty of us out here who missed the first and would still love to get this :)

See you guys in the sky!

This post is protected by a pilot who has a serious lack of negotiating skills, but is absolute hell in a dogfight. If you do not belong here, please leave.

You have now been properly negotiated with.

MiG-29S Instant Action Mission Fix

Come check out and add to my list of all landmarks in DCS World!

^that works now

. . . and this is why you be extra careful when backing projects early. Once they have your money, they have no obligation to deliver you their promises. The features they promised suddenly becomes homework, since they're already compensated.

If they don't care about their reputation that is, which is clearly the case with Beczyl.

Good news.

I was worried the project was going to get cancelled and we would never get to flight this great project in DCS.

I can understand why it is delayed, keep up the great work!

Mods I use: KA-50 JTAC - Better Fire and Smoke - Unchain Rudder from trim KA50 - Sim FFB for G940 - Beczl Rocket Pods Updated!

Processor: Intel Q6600 @ 3.00GHz

GPU: GeForce MSI RTX 2060 6GB

RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR2

HDD: 1TBGB Crucial SSD

Peripherals: Logitech G940 Hotas, TrackiR 5, Voice Activated commands , Sharkoon 5.1 headset. ,Touch Control for iPad, JoyToKey

Thanks for update :)

It is sad you've been left without funding, but fortunately MiG is on the final end.

And I hope you will do MiG-23 and Su-17M4\M5, they're fantastic iconic planes :)

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Congrats on getting things worked out guys,but I gotta say Leatherneck is a terrible name. A company named after US Marines but your first few aircraft will be Russian?

Intel i7 6700k OC 4.7ghz

Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero Motherboard

Zotac GTX980ti 6GB Amp Extreme

32 GB DDR4 3200 RAM

Oculus Rift CV1

Thrustmaster Warthog

I'm all fine with what is happening now and unexpected.

Crowd funding is still a very new concept though with even the status quo financial institutes wiggle policy around it to avoid claims. It still hangs on a delicately balanced triangle between promise, trust and honesty. When this triangle is broken somewhere it could have effect on future crowd funds in general.

Due to this newness is slippery stuff is expected. Somehow it also has a certain romance tied to it when a project still works out in the end.

Congrats on getting things worked out guys,but I gotta say Leatherneck is a terrible name. A company named after US Marines but your first few aircraft will be Russian?

Or we might be dropping you a hint. I don't think we'd be that obvious though, would we? Probably not. ;)

• Like 1

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Very sad what has happened.

Two things only:

The new company but has not used the money indegoo, has benefited from him all that had already Bezcl, advertising, potential buyers, etc. ...., for all must continue the policy and the commitments agreed by Bezcl.

The product is not new is the MiG21, the same module and regardless of title or company name agreements with funders (we) have not changed.

The investment is made and it is benefiting from the new company. It is they who must claim the remaining money, if any, and no excuse to Bezcl in comments such as "we are going to do a favor and will continue with the statements in Indegoo.

Problem is a very poorly run, which has created great reluctance and that will make people think him long before ever trust a third developer.

Unfortunately.

Great news!

I sincerely hope that you will regain lost trust as a result of the reckless statement from the previous head of the project. There is rough road ahead, but looking at the quality, SMEs and seriousness of the people involved with Leatherneck Simulations, I don't see any problem.

Warm wishes!

Edited by danilop