ANNOUNCEMENT - DCS: MiG-21bis

Cobra847

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking the same thing actual... :)

And not to add fuel to the fire, (but I will..) Since one of the other 3rd party devs has changed their offering to the Brit version of the Harrier, it would be quite tasty to have the US Marine version simulated as well...

:music_whistling:

• Like 1

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

And not to add fuel to the fire, (but I will..) Since one of the other 3rd party devs has changed their offering to the Brit version of the Harrier, it would be quite tasty to have the US Marine version simulated as well...

:music_whistling:

I thought Razbam said they were going to do a GR7/GR9 first and then the AV-8B afterwards?

I thought Razbam said they were going to do a GR7/GR9 first and then the AV-8B afterwards?

May be true but whosoever gets to the finish line first, with good quality of course. :)

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

quick correction: Novak is a big and integral component of Leatherneck and is here to stay for years to come. (We have him chained to his desk until he finishes his quota of code)

Treat this man well :)

Also, make a DCS MiG-23 M/MF/ML/MLD and You'll have my eternal love.

:wub: :lol:

104th Cobra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That would be expected, but then again making the RAF variant before the USMC one is an unexpected move IMHO so from an uninformed standpoint somebody else might still be doing the USMC variant.

Though it would seem kind of a waste for two different teams to develop a similar platform in parallel from the consumer perspective..

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Or we might be dropping you a hint. I don't think we'd be that obvious though, would we? Probably not. ;)

I'm a retired U.S. Marine vet. 'nough said. :pilotfly:

https://magnitude-3.com/

https://www.facebook.com/magnitude3llc

https://www.youtube.com/@magnitude_3

i9 13900K, 128GB RAM, RTX 4090, Win10Pro, 2 x 2TB SSD

i9 10980XE, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090Ti, Win10 Pro, 2 x 256GB SSD, 4 x 512GB SSD RAID 0, 6 x 4TB HDD RAID 6, 9361-8i RAID Controller

i7 4960X, 64GB RAM, GTX Titan X Black, Win10 Pro, 512GB PCIe SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD

They may have, but as has been shown NUMEROUS times... Things change and not everyhting announced ends up at the finish line AS announced...

(And no I don't have any insider info, I am just saying that things change so who knows?)

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

This just proves why you should not trust crowd funding. When you buy product upon release you are sure that your money goes to the party that releases final product.

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic5472_1.gif[/sIGPIC]:joystick:

Win 10 | i5-6600K | 16GB DDR4 RAM | MSI Radeon RX480 | TrackIR 5 | Saitek X52

Zeus Gaming Community

This just proves why you should not trust crowd funding. When you buy product upon release you are sure that your money goes to the party that releases final product.

I have participated in a number of crowd funding endeavors and this is the first case in which I have encountered any significant issues.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Congratz to the team (Leathernecks.....:gun_smilie:) for making this stuff happen. I know this obstacle was a big bump in the road for you, but hey you kept on driving you guys deserve RESPECT! And remember when shit hits the fan you better duck and cover :smartass:

And on a final note! I would wish we all could have the answer to why Beczl left the team, it would be the nice to have some closure and get on with enjoying this sim. But instead this will just turn into another conspiracy, that will keep on for years and years, but I guess we allready know the answer to this? Its 42 right! :suspect:

:pilotfly:Wolfpack Production:pilotfly:

-=<[WiN 10, I7 3770K @ 4,5 Ghz, Corsair H100i, Sabertooth Z77, 16 GB Dominator, Sapphire 7970 VaporX 6GB, C70 Vengance, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro rudder, Track IR, Beyerdynamics MMX 300 ]>=-

DCS/FC2/FC3/Arma videos on my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/WolfpackproductionDK

"Fortes Furtuna Juvat"

I dont want to be a stick in the mud here but...

Im curious about the Indiegogo funds, You guys saying you did not receive a single cent nor was it a factor in the development of the Mig-21? WTF?!?

No response required because I contributed enough to get the Mig-21, and you guys are going to honer that contribution, which is good form.

Thanks guys!!:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OS:WIN7 HP X64|MOBO:ASRock Z68|CPU:I52500k@4Ghz|RAM:12Gb 3x4Gb GSkill Ripjaws 9-9-9-24 @1600Mhz|GPU:ASUS GTX580|HDD:2x128Gb Crucial sataIII SSD raid0|PSU:Antek 1000watt|Case:Antek 1200|Peripherals: TMWH|Saitek ProFlight rudder pedals|TrackIr4

I called my solicitor and she said there might be problems with the indiegogo campaign part of this module concerning accountability and ownership. And that's not reassuring as indiegogo backers have a lot to loose.

Also as Beczl is no longer part of the team then wil you still have the authority to include his vehicles in the mig-21 module (the former beczl_Vehicle_Upgrade_Pack_ 1.EXE file)?

EDIT: Also I think that for Indiegogo backers a post-mortem concerning expenses and use of these funds is in it's place to ask and to get knowing we talking about 15144 USD and 382 funders...

Edited by LosT_SouL_VL

So, finally an announcement! :clap_2: I am very happy to see this project back on track! However, there are few things that still irk me.

Firstly, I fully respect the company's decision to keep their private things private, but still, I'd like to know more of what happened. Now, it feels a bit like "Something horrible has happened, we made you think that this project is definitely lost (remember that infamous announcement?), we can't tell you what it was but we want to assure you it won't happen again, as we took precautions which we will no further discuss..."

Secondly, so the crowdfunding money is gone? It's a nice step to give all the backers what they paid for anyway, but it does not cast a good light at the idea of crowdfunding in general. Yes, we know it has its risks an it can go wrong, but not in the way it did. One project was already sunken by general lack of community trust, and when there is a project people trust in, something like this happens. So, the team's leading person ran with our money? Or the rest of the team forced him to leave? Or has he lost his mind and threw all this money into slot machines? Hell, we haven't the smallest idea. But I'm sure it will make many of us to think twice before funding anything else in the future.

Finally, I hope that Leatherneck (Who came up with that name, anyway? :doh:) is not planning to focus on Western (especially US) planes in the future like anyone else does. This MiG-21 was a first Russian jet to feature full DCS standard, it would be immense shame to be the last one as well (until - if ever - ED makes DCS Flanker).

I called my solicitor and she said there might be problems with the indiegogo campaign part of this module concerning accountability and ownership. And that's not reassuring as indiegogo backers have a lot to loose.

Oh cm'on now, really? Did your solicitor also inform you that an integral part of any potential claim hinges on a successful 'Quantification of Damages' process?

To put it in layman's terms, what exactly have you as an indie backer got to lose?

I'll tell you: Sweetblowbuggerall :thumbup:

See where I'm going with this?

Everyone should just take a step back, read Cobra's announcement again and comprehend the contents thereof.

Then read it again for good measure: Quit the litigious to and fro cause it's just really funny and OT.......and yes, take my word for it, I do know what I am talking about.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Oh cm'on now, really? Did your solicitor also inform you that an integral part of any potential claim hinges on a successful 'Quantification of Damages' process?

To put it in layman's terms, what exactly have you as an indie backer got to lose?

I'll tell you: Sweetblowbuggerall :thumbup:

See where I'm going with this?

Everyone should just take a step back, read Cobra's announcement again and comprehend the contents thereof.

Then read it again for good measure: Quit the litigious to and fro cause it's just really funny and OT.......and yes, take my word for it, I do know what I am talking about.

382 backers have 15144 USD to loose.

We'll see what time will bring after due diligence inquiries.