[DCS World FC3] Complete Su-27 English Cockpit Mod

Don't replace the current zipfile! Just add the new folder unpacked and they will replace some of the cockpit.

Can someone please clarify this? I renamed the original folder (to preserve its integrity) and added the Devrim folder/files.

Should I have kept the original compressed folder named as was?

Thanks

Worther_1

Worther_1

DCS Black Shark 2, A10-C, Huey, MiG-21bis, Hawk, Flaming Cliffs 3, F/A-18, Nevada Terrain.

...I have the Flaming Cliffs package...
If you have FC3, why are you renaming something?

Just drag "Mods" folder (from my mod) into "DCS World" folder. This mod works for FC3, I'm sure about that, because I have FC3 too.

What I'm not sure about is that if it will work for DCS: Su-27 module...

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

If you have FC3, why are you renaming something?

Just drag "Mods" folder (from my mod) into "DCS World" folder. This mod works for FC3, I'm sure about that, because I have FC3 too.

What I'm not sure about is that if it will work for DCS: Su-27 module...

Thanks Devrim, I got it sorted in the end, already had other Mods the that folder.

Anyway, it looks great! Thanks again!

Worther_1

• Like 1

Worther_1

DCS Black Shark 2, A10-C, Huey, MiG-21bis, Hawk, Flaming Cliffs 3, F/A-18, Nevada Terrain.

There is something bug in v1.5OB, so installing in Liveries doesn't work (but I don't know about DCS: Su-27 module - probably it was going to work for it, but not for FC3).

I'll test it for DCS v2.0 AB.

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know what I'm doing wrong?

Can't get the Su-27 cockpit to go English in either 1.2 or 1.5.

I'm using JSGME

I successfully used JSGME for other mods but this has had me boiling my brain, shifting nested folders about trying to get it to work.

OS:Win10 Home CPU:i7 3770K 3.5(@4.3GHz) COOLER:ZalmanCNPS10X-PERFORMA MOBO:GigabyteGA-Z77X-UD5H SSD#1:SamsungEVO850Pro 500GB SSD#2:SanDisk240GB HDD:2x Seagate2TB GFX:GigabyteGTX670 WF3 2GB OC1058MHz RAM:16GB 16000MHz DDR3 KEYB'Ds:Corsair K95/MS SidewinderX4 MOUSE:LogitechG700s MON:2x ASUS 24” ROUTER:ASUS RT-N66U DarkKnight INTERWEBS:Fibre152Mbps/12Mbps JOYSTICK:TM T16000m Modded THROTTLE:TM TWCS HEADTRACK:TrackIR5Pro

Works for me. Make sure you go to the game options and pick the default cockpit for the Su27.

Yeah I had a bit of confusion with the Chinese cockpit showing up at first but I got that under control ;)

To use other Mods with JSGME I've had to make the folder sequence to suit the DCS Version and then put the zip file (as is. not extracted) in the end folder.

This method isn't working for me so far with this Su-27 mod.

This is what I'm presenting to JSGME:

Devrim_DCSWFC3_Su-27EnglishCockpitMod_v1.1\Mods\aircraft\Flaming Cliffs\Su-27\Cockpit\Textures\Devrim_DCSWFC3_Su-27EnglishCockpitMod_v1.1.zip

Edit: My 1st Mistake ^^

I tried other combinations as experiments but they didn't work either and the above is how I understand it should be.

Path should have been:G:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\_MODS\Devrim_DCSWFC3_Su-27EnglishCockpitMod_v1.1\Mods\aircraft\Flaming Cliffs\Cockpit\Textures\SU-27S-CPT-TEXTURES.zip

Edit: My 2nd Mistake

Just using the renamed modded files alone didn't work.

When I "spliced" them into a backed up copy of the default cockpit file.zip they DID work.

n.b. I had to "splice" separately for 1.5b & 2.0a

Edited by Kozmyk
Highlight my mistakes

OS:Win10 Home CPU:i7 3770K 3.5(@4.3GHz) COOLER:ZalmanCNPS10X-PERFORMA MOBO:GigabyteGA-Z77X-UD5H SSD#1:SamsungEVO850Pro 500GB SSD#2:SanDisk240GB HDD:2x Seagate2TB GFX:GigabyteGTX670 WF3 2GB OC1058MHz RAM:16GB 16000MHz DDR3 KEYB'Ds:Corsair K95/MS SidewinderX4 MOUSE:LogitechG700s MON:2x ASUS 24” ROUTER:ASUS RT-N66U DarkKnight INTERWEBS:Fibre152Mbps/12Mbps JOYSTICK:TM T16000m Modded THROTTLE:TM TWCS HEADTRACK:TrackIR5Pro

If you want to use old way, put a folder (with en texture inside) which has a same name as the texture zip file beside that zip file, then in special fc3 or su27, select default.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

If you want to use old way, put a folder (with en texture inside) which has a same name as the texture zip file beside that zip file, then in special fc3 or su27, select default.

Thanks for the tip.

I got halfway to success.

English Labels are there now but the dials and other graphics are wrong:

Su-27_Corrupted_Textures.jpg

Sorted ... I think

OK thanks to uboats' suggestion.

I had another go. Full manual style...

This time I extracted the mod .zip file and added the extracted .dds files to the original .zip (I made a backup first ;) )

It looks right, dials etc are good, but I'm too knackered now to fly but fingers crossed eh?

Edit: Yup it worked.

n.b. I had to "splice" separately for 1.5b & 2.0a

Edited by Kozmyk
Confirming Success

OK thanks to uboats' suggestion.

I had another go. Full manual style...

This time I extracted the mod .zip file and added the extracted .dds files to the original .zip (I made a backup first ;) )

It looks right, dials etc are good, but I'm too knackered now to fly but fingers crossed eh?

That's what I had to do, got same results as per your screenshot first time round, then I backed up the folder and added the new and old files (updated where needed). Worked fine!

Worther_1

Worther_1

Thats the way it works on my side.

You can see my JSGME folder structure on top and the DDS files from devrim in the right folder.

In DCS I choose "default" as cockpit.

Absolutely.

After I got it to work by manually changing files around, I went back and got it to work via JSGME.

Both the methods work; the "splicing method" and the "unpacking the mod into JSGME and renaming the folder the same as the default .zip file" method (that uboats was suggesting).

Happy now AND I've learned something about JSGME AND adding to an existing .zip

Learning by doing eh? edjamacayshun innit :smartass:

If using my method, it needs to modify the description.lua file, you cannot use it without modification. Check how many dds or bmp or tga files are used for custom cockpit, and check what they are (name). Then in the description.lua, comment all the lines in which the 3rd column does not contain any name of used dds, bmp or tga. Then, everything should be fine. If still problem there, please attach your description file and a screenshot of all of your texture files, then I can show you the fix.

Edited by uboats

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, work with the new version? 1.5.3 and 2.0?

L'importante non è stabilire se uno ha paura o meno, è saper convivere con la propria paura e non farsi condizionare dalla stessa. Ecco, il coraggio è questo, altrimenti non è più coraggio ma incoscienza.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have FC3. Installation went easy once I realized all I had to do was drag and drop the SU-27S-CPT-TEXTURES folder from Devrim's mod manually into the Textures folder. If necessary later, it is easy to undo. Works nicely in both 1.5 Caucasus and 2.0 Nevada.

I always use JSGME the last couple years for all my other mods, but in this unique case that is not the way to go, for me.

After 5 years in the game have decided to learn the Su-27 and later the Mig-29.

Thanks for the English mod.

(Is there a mod around translating the warning lights to English in the Mig-29? )

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...

Hey, I still get the cockpit in russian. I use jsgme and its all insalled correctly, according to the 2 or 3 tutorials I watched on installing mods for DCSW. What is going wrong, please help xD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Dogfights are not numbers it's a dance"

Did you read ReadMe.txt?