Leatherneck SU-22 poll

badger66

Leatherneck SU-22 poll  

1178 members have voted

1. 1. Leatherneck SU-22 poll

• Yeah , I want to see the SU-22
    • No , Im not interested in the SU-22
    • Id like to see something differant from the Russian side ..... mention it .

"MiG-27K avionics

The MiG-27K is equipped with the PrNK-23K integrated navigation and aiming system, which consists of an Orbita-20-23K digital computer, an optical television indicator and a Kaira-1 laser and television sighting system for KAB-500L and KAB-500KR guided aerial bombs. The target lock-on range is 7km-8km.

The KN-23 navigation system installed on the MiG-27K incorporates a Radical navigation system in place of the RSBN-6s short-range radio navigation system.

The MiG-27K does not carry any airborne radar.

The radio-command systems installed on the MiG-27K are the Delta-NM and the Viyuga anti-radar missile control system for the Kh-27PS missile, which is installed in an externally mounted pod."

Extracted from:

http://www.militaryfactory.com/aircraft/detail.asp?aircraft_id=230

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plz, No more soviet aircrafts from Leatherneck. We want F-14, F-15....Swedish fighters...Tornado ADV and IDS...

Soviet fighters must be made by BST and ED.

But BST and ED does not seem to be planning to do any Russian aircraft .

(Other then Belstimtek making a Mi-24 but then again they are also claimed to be working on a AH-1 as well).

So unless someone else does them they might not happen at all (in the near future atleast)

And there are Enough Russian aircraft not yet made to go around.

But yes it would probably be easier for ED and BST in some ways to get premission for a Russian aircraft (as well as the language side).

If they had already said they would make all the Russian aircraft then sure but since there is no such word then i see no reason why other 3rd devs should not atleast Try.

And Belsimtek has made more US aircraft then they have Russian (On the US side you have the F-86,F-5E,and UH-1 and on the Russian side they have just the Mig-15 and Mi-8.).

So unless the different Dev studios decide together to split up their options like that i dont think it will be a thing.

A dev studio will develop an aircraft that they like/Find interesting and that they are able to find enough information on (and are allowed to make).

Edited by mattebubben

But BST and ED does not seem to be planning to do any Russian aircraft .

(Other then Belstimtek making a Mi-24 but then again they are also claimed to be working on a AH-1 as well).

So unless someone else does them they might not happen at all (in the near future atleast)

And there are Enough Russian aircraft not yet made to go around.

But yes it would probably be easier for ED and BST in some ways to get premission for a Russian aircraft (as well as the language side).

If they had already said they would make all the Russian aircraft then sure but since there is no such word then i see no reason why other 3rd devs should not atleast Try.

And Belsimtek has made more US aircraft then they have Russian (On the US side you have the F-86,F-5E,and UH-1 and on the Russian side they have just the Mig-15 and Mi-8.).

So unless the different Dev studios decide together to split up their options like that i dont think it will be a thing.

A dev studio will develop an aircraft that they like/Find interesting and that they are able to find enough information on (and are allowed to make).

BST has seemed to have made it their business model to work on aircraft 'pairs'. The Mi8 and the UH-1. The F-86 and the MiG-15. The AH-1 and the Mi-24P. The F-5 was a cheap way of 'completing' a pair without having to have worked on half of the equation. I don't doubt that as more of the Western Cold War Warrior aircraft come into being, BST will fill in the other side of the equation, especially with relatively simple aircraft like the MiG-17 and MiG-19 being right in their technical wheelhouse, and working in line with pairs for others.

Yes i want to see the Su-22

I think this jet has swing wings and reminds me the mig-21...definitly a must have.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

---- " In Peace.....Prepare to War "--------

Wishlist : F-4 Phantom / F-20 TigerShark / Su-34

Processor Core i7 4790, 32 Gb RAM, 2 Tb SSHD, GTX 750 2Gb, 1920X1080 Gaming Monitor, Senze Joypad, Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit, VMware Workstation 12 for WindowsXP with Office 2007 and Linux OpenSUSE for Net Access.

hmmmmmm..... MiG-19SF.... sound interesting.. but I want a plane more modern.

western planes???.... Meaby the A-7 or any U.S Navy plane like the F-4, A-6 (a intruder must be a super module) or some plane from the french navy like the all mighty Super Etendard. I´ts just time guys. We wil see all this aircraft some day.

hmmmmmm..... MiG-19SF.... sound interesting.. but I want a plane more modern.

western planes???.... Meaby the A-7 or any U.S Navy plane like the F-4, A-6 (a intruder must be a super module) or some plane from the french navy like the all mighty Super Etendard. I´ts just time guys. We wil see all this aircraft some day.

Razbam has both the A-7 and the A-6 under development.

But yea a Super Etendard could be interesting.

Edited by mattebubben

voted no, sorry would just rather see the mig23 (ML, MLA or MLD) TBH.

I just think it would fit DCS more anyways because it be a proper 3rd generation fighter from Russi with BVR capability to compete with a Mirage F1 and maybe one day. the F4 phantom.

F1s already WIP by by Aviodev.

If russia is need of ground attack id still kinda lean more towards the Mig27 over the su22. however if there is 1 thing i do like about the su22 for certain, is that it doesn't have that putrid cockpit turquoise coloring like the Migs do:megalol:.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

voted no, sorry would just rather see the mig23 (ML, MLA or MLD) TBH.

I just think it would fit DCS more anyways because it be a proper 3rd generation fighter from Russi with BVR capability to compete with a Mirage F1 and maybe one day. the F4 phantom.

F1s already WIP by by Aviodev.

If russia is need of ground attack id still kinda lean more towards the Mig27 over the su22. however if there is 1 thing i do like about the su22 for certain, is that it doesn't have that putrid cockpit turquoise coloring like the Migs do:megalol:.

For me it kind depends.

I would be overjoyed for either.

And if a dev decided to make a Mig-23 and a Mig-27 that would be amazing.

But my choice between a Mig-27 and Su-17 (22) would depend on the exact variant.

a Mig-27K would be a nice edition and pretty capable.

But a Su-17M4 With both TV and Sead and TV Compatability would also be a very capable aircraft (The Mig-27K would still have an advantage due to its onboard Optical system where as the 17M4 would have to rely on the seeker head of a weapon to get a picture).

But ive always like the Su-17/22 more =P and it was also the more popular of the two with it gaining massive export success and also being more numerous in Soviet service.

(For me this is a major advantage as it would fit in more scenarios as well as fit on both Blue and Red side but thats just me and it has no impact on capabilities / performance)

When one compare the two they each have some advantages over the other but in general they are very comparable and i would be very happy to see either one in DCS.

Edited by mattebubben

All those planes would be a dream tbh. the 23 is probably the most 'redundant', but its so iconic that I can't imagine it not being added at some point. The 27 would be incredibly fun with the speed/gun/interesting armament. The 17 would add a ton of capabilities to the red arsenal. Aside from the 27 they could also be in so many scenarios with so many nationalities employing them.

I really wish a dev would have them lined up already.

For me it kind depends.

I would be overjoyed for either.

And if a dev decided to make a Mig-23 and a Mig-27 that would be amazing.

But my choice between a Mig-27 and Su-17 (22) would depend on the exact variant.

a Mig-27K would be a nice edition and pretty capable.

But a Su-17M4 With both TV and Sead and TV Compatability would also be a very capable aircraft (The Mig-27K would still have an advantage due to its onboard Optical system where as the 17M4 would have to rely on the seeker head of a weapon to get a picture).

But ive always like the Su-17/22 more =P and it was also the more popular of the two with it gaining massive export success and also being more numerous in Soviet service.

(For me this is a major advantage as it would fit in more scenarios as well as fit on both Blue and Red side but thats just me and it has no impact on capabilities / performance)

When one compare the two they each have some advantages over the other but in general they are very comparable and i would be very happy to see either one in DCS.

at that point if were looking at more modern varations with Tv screens, or HUD and even digitial functions, might go all in & have a Su24M instead. Although yeah i understand, any type of new addition is nice. the more the merrier.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

at that point if were looking at more modern varations with Tv screens or HUD, might as well have a Su24M instead. Although yeah i understand, any type of new addition is nice. the more the merrier.

The Mig-27K with the Kaira-1 Optical TV system would be pretty capable though if maby harder to operate.

(Its very similar to the Kaira-24 used by the Su-24M but its made to be operate to be operated by the pilot during flight and pilot reports indicate that it was a handful to use effectively for a pilot that was not very skilled at the task and it was one of the reasons why usually only the best and most experienced Mig-27 pilots went to the Mig-27K where as others flew the other Mig-27 variants that used a similar Klen Laser Targeting system as the Su-25A that easier to operate)

And there is still a significant difference between the Su-24 and the Su-17 or Mig-27 as the Su-24 is both larger and slower and less nimble as well as being Two crew only.

So while the Su-24 would be a very capable aircraft its still pretty different from the Su-17 and Mig27 in employment etc and i would rather have a Su-17 or Mig-27 as i prefer a smaller single seat aircraft =).

Edited by mattebubben

The Mig-27K with the Kaira-1 Optical TV system would be pretty capable though if maby harder to operate.

(Its very similar to the Kaira-24 used by the Su-24M but its made to be operate to be operated by the pilot during flight and pilot reports indicate that it was a handful to use effectively for a pilot that was not very skilled at the task and it was one of the reasons why usually only the best and most experienced Mig-27 pilots went to the Mig-27K where as others flew the other Mig-27 variants that used a similar Klen Laser Targeting system as the Su-25A that easier to operate)

And there is still a significant difference between the Su-24 and the Su-17 or Mig-27 as the Su-24 is both larger and slower and less nimble as well as being Two crew only.

So while the Su-24 would be a very capable aircraft its still pretty different from the Su-17 and Mig27 in employment etc and i would rather have a Su-17 or Mig-27 as i prefer a smaller single seat aircraft =).

yea its dual crew, and bigger, A russian bomb truck, the poor mans F111.

a dedicated strike aircraft isnt mean to engage in a2a combat anyways, so im not worried about the su4 being less nimble. besides of the 3 the su24 has the longest combat range.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

You guys know if the laser system was retained when it was fitted with the camera designator? The aperture in the nosecone looks so small compared to the massive camera in the 27K nose for instance.

The Fitter K Had the Klyon-54 fitted as standard but was was never fitted with an onboard camera targeting system. It used the TV seeker of the weapons it was armed with similar to how Mavericks are employed.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

• 1 month later...
WHeres to higher rooting for the Su-17/22! Make it soo!

Im always +1 for Su-17/22. :D

2-23.jpg

10627599_su--22m4--lot-testowy-w-czasie-pobytu-w-wzl--2--bydgoszcz-.jpg

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro