the non existent communication is getting rather annoying

this time he owes us to communicate.

if their communication was solid, i think their fanbase would have grown by now after 6months to a considerable amount.they could have regained the trust from many non-backers but former fans. they could generate way more money with a possibly future crowd-funding project, for a fully modeled B17 for example.

do you think that if the current information policy doesnt change, this will ever be possible?

Edited by 9./JG27 DavidRed

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He should reconsider because he's already got your money? I'm not following the logic behind that.
I was told a story once about some American tourists at a locally owned restaurant France. One of the tourists tried to order a steak, but the waiter said they were out of steak, and the tourist was disappointed. A while later, a group of locals that had come into the restaurant (after the tourists) had steak delivered to them at a nearby table, which made the tourist upset.

The point is: One time profits are meaningless compared to guaranteeing your future customers. The tourist will never come back to that restaurant again anyway, but if you make the locals upset, you are going to have a hard time making any money in the future.

Edited by VincentLaw

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The current information policy does not bother me at all. When the game is done, it's done. I don't need daily, weekly, or even monthly updates.

But that is beside the point. The current information policy is very similar to Cliffs of Dover. If you were expecting this to be different, then I think you have very questionable judgement.

• ED Team
Dear moderators and project leaders,

May be some of you clear the situation around the project and tell us what the **** is going on. If Shevchenko disappeared it is OK. Even it is great. But somebody anybody will keep us informed?

This thread really shouldnt be about progress on the project, I am fairly confident to assure you that progress is being made on aircraft and terrain, I think this should be more about the disconnect from the ending of the kickstarter and issues that have arose from then. More about issues that are in need of communication.

As for the banana forums, we dont want anything like that going on here, which is why I was hoping to see a constructive thread here, and you guys have done pretty good so far.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

but if you make the locals upset, you are going to have a hard time making any money in the future.

Are the locals all the people who bought Cliffs of Dover and then proceeded to buy into this kickstarter? (and are you seeing my point yet? If not, I'll try again.... if he delivers this game you will be throwing money at him if he promises another game, no matter how crappy you think his communication is.)

dont you think a lot more people would have thrown money towards their kickstarter campaign if their communication had been better in the first place?

dont you think there are lots of people who bought clod and then refused to invest into the ks?

do you think the current situation is good for their reputation?

• ED Team
dont you think a lot more people would have thrown money towards their kickstarter campaign if there communication had been better in the first place?

I think communication was pretty good during the kickstarter, he was answering forum questions and engaging people here. I think the only issue the kickstarter had was it felt rushed and maybe not as clear cut as it could have been, but I am not disappointed by the results at all.

64Sig.png

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• ED Team
sorry, in this case i meant communication for his former project clod...yes the ks campaign communication was really good and i wished it would proceed that way

I dont want to get into any of Luthier's previous projects here, lets focus on the current project only. All else is in the past and they have their own forums for discussion.

64Sig.png

These people still working on the airplanes, the updates show progress, but a long time that do not show or say anything about the new terrain or SDK ago they promised. I put my money thinking about the SDK but still nothing.

I dont want to get into any of Luthier's previous projects here, lets focus on the current project only. All else is in the past and they have their own forums for discussion.

i agree, i only wanted to say, that this lack of communication can certainly affect the success of this and hopefully future projects.

or lets put it this way, i believe there is the potential to realise way more successfull kickstarter projects, but only with improved communication.

• ED Team
These people still working on the airplanes, the updates show progress, but a long time that do not show or say anything about the new terrain or SDK ago they promised. I put my money thinking about the SDK but still nothing.

As pointed out before, terrain and EDGE are dependant on ED progress... they are probably waiting on integration of Nevada before their map can proceed.

64Sig.png

dont you think a lot more people would have thrown money towards their kickstarter campaign if their communication had been better in the first place?

dont you think there are lots of people who bought clod and then refused to invest into the ks?

I don't think "communication" is a factor at all. If CoD was a huge success, then more people would have invested in his next project. The fact that it was a disaster at release (better now, but still needs work), is why more people did not invest in this game. If this game is great, no one will care how he communicated during development.

Crowd funding demands communication. Because crowd funding demands trust in order to have a happy ending. To not communicate there after is not worthy of trust. And there after the Truth will become apparent.

There is nothing to distrust here as of yet imo. Given the history i believe it is fair to say that there is most certainly an element missing. The element of "Care".

Care: Serious attention or consideration applied to doing something correctly.

I believe merely doing it is not enough in many situations. Especially when there are expectations from multiple areas and given the rather uniquely trusting nature of crowd funding. To Ignore any aspect of this is to not care. being ignorant to it is a whole new ball park which might just be the story here.

Edited by Ali Fish

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just let me add something here before this goes totally off the rails.

I am pleased to say that I have actually met Luthier in the flesh a couple of times and one thing that he simply oozes is his passion for this hobby and its subject.

I truly believe that they are working hard behind the scenes and although I am aware of some of the issues stalling not only this but other projects as well I think its worth noting that lack of communication is not in line with lack of work.

That said, I think he has missed a beat with not appointing someone to act as a go to guy for him and his team

Pman

Are the locals all the people who bought Cliffs of Dover and then proceeded to buy into this kickstarter? (and are you seeing my point yet? If not, I'll try again.... if he delivers this game you will be throwing money at him if he promises another game, no matter how crappy you think his communication is.)
I am a DCS local. I own five modules, play somewhat regularly, and have already planned the purchases of several upcoming modules. My willingness to buy future modules from RRG is at stake. I will probably never contribute to an RRG or Luthier kickstarter ever again, even if DCS WWII is good. There are other 3rd party developers I can support instead.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am a DCS local. I own five modules, play somewhat regularly, and have already planned the purchases of several upcoming modules. My willingness to buy future modules from RRG is at stake. I will probably never contribute to an RRG or Luthier kickstarter ever again, even if DCS WWII is good. There are other 3rd party developers I can support instead.

There are other DCS devs promising more WW2 planes? I was not aware of that. Is their communication better than Luthier's? I'd like to see their website.

I rather have a finished product 1 month earlier than a cool website.

But they have a very clear set of goals during their kickstarter campaign so if a website was promised with backers exclusive and constant updates... And they dont deliver, what is waiting in the future?

The problem with Kickstarter is that it is like a political campaign!, you just have to make promises for people to give money.

I mean they say we might get a february alpha... and its march 5 and they cant even show a screenshot in the DCS engine.

Now that they have won the election and they face the real life of development, and having the same problems that all 3 party products in DCS have to face etc..

Its hard to keep up with that promises.

In the end what really matters is the final product. as long as I get the promised airplanes at the level of DCS P-51D. Im happy.

The real problem here is that all 3 party producers are having issues for different reasons.. but not counting belsimtek (wich its a DCS partner not a 3 party) NO airplane have been released...

And that hits really hard on the community and the trust.

Now with the trust been damaged by past products... the worst you can do is for new products to offer unrealistic promises.

and so the Kickstarter campaign will recieve less money and so on..

A.K.A. Timon -117th- in game

I think the most pressing question, which would answer a lot of others in the same go, would be this one: What does the timeline look like, right now, and what will be delivered when?

That would implicitly contain a status update and help everybody adjust their expectations.

From what we see at the moment, deadlines set in the kickstarter proposal are not met, and dependencies on other parties exist, where nobody has a clue as to whether or when they might be fulfilled (how long has EDGE been discussed, but has anybody seen it in action? -- just to give one example)

There were some promises in the kickstarter proposal:

• Alpha Access to DCS WWII (available Feb 2014)

• Copy of DCS World: P-51D Mustang (available Oct 2013)

• SPECIAL: Copy of DCS World: FW.190D-9 (available Feb 2014).

Apart from the P-51D keys which some people have received, what about the Alpha Access? And more interestingly: FW 190D in DCS World? When is that going to happen? (I'd be more than happy to pay normal module price for it. Now. :D)

So please, what are the next steps and delivery dates? Share those, and you adjust everybody's expectations. Sure, some may complain, but realistically DCS WW II was never going to happen September 2014. That was way too ambitious right from the start, and dependent on too many ifs and whens (3rd parties).

My humble rig: Windows 10 pro 64bit; i7-6700k on Gigabyte Z170X G7; 32GB; MSI 980ti Twin Frozr; 512GB Samsung 950 Pro (NVMe/PCIe x4); 1TB Samsung 850 Pro; Komplete Audio 6; TrackIR 5 Pro;

DCS 2.5 with almost all modules; favourites: Shark, Mi-8, Harrier, Viggen, Mirage, Hornet

By Yo-Yo (rusian forum):

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2014313&postcount=1000

But we must not panic, okay? What is there on the terrain, for example, or by model P-47 I can judge from the same news on the forum, and on those planes that are now in front of me, I can say the following: FW-190 is almost ready to fly, with automatic engine, propeller speed control and are already working, radiator cooled, airframe aerodynamics on the approach of the system are made. Bf-109 - more emphasis there is now a system. Spitfire - are working on a 3D model. Sound for the first two is almost ready for Spit - no problems, there are records.
  • Like 1