No clouds with dynamic weather

i dont know to which (bug) topic put my problem but i just noticed absolutely no clouds in dcsw if i choose dynamic weather, does not matter how very high or very low the pressure deviation

do you see the same ? - in latest 1.2.7 and in 1.2.7 latest beta :(

sign-pic4.jpg

I can confirm in 1.2.7, have not tried in Beta.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

mh, i cannot confirm...i have made a mission two days ago with dynamic weather, and i could see the clouds....though they loaded up a bit strange.some of the textures took quite a long time to load up properly, and when i looked into another direction, and then faced the clouds again, they needed again a few second to load up properly...

i have a pretty weak pc, but for me, even with two big opposing cloud fronts the framerates are still really good...

what ive done before i upgraded my graphix card though, and what seemed to help quite a bit was to edit the options.lua file and put effects to 1...i didnt recognize any visual difference, but quite a performance boost when there were many clouds in a mission.

I'll give that a shot, thanks.

not a bug: Mustang suggested to try those two ati dll files - iv got 15% fps boost

we just put dll files to the game bin folder

seems those 2 dll files caused the missing clouds in dynamic weather

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1987101#post1987101

so you guys who use ati cards with those two dll files (atiumd64.dll and atiumdag.dll) please try a mission with a hard dynamic weather and please report if you cant see clouds

if there is no clouds then remove those dll files and try again the same mission

thanks

oh, and please report this problem to Mustang as well

sign-pic4.jpg

I'm a Nvidia user and I haven't modified anything in DCS outside of payloads (which I reverted to normal), I've still had the issue.

I will have to test again because thinking about it, this may actually be a different issue where clouds stop showing up once you load more than one mission. I'll need to see if I can do some testing.

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

It seems like for me too, I have clouds with dynamic weather. I'm still looking into clouds disappearing for an unknown reason.

I noticed this same issue today, and tested it for a while. From the Googling I did, it looks like a similar issue reported back in time, I think it was 2011.

If you set weather to standard, and set cloud density below 9 (for sure I checked 1,6,7,8. Load into the cockpit of your AC, you will see the clouds (looks great too). Then F11, or F2 around the map for a few times looking at the clouds in the area of view. Then go back to your AC (F1), and the clouds will be gone.