• Persistent and hookable BRAA
  • Chat between controllers
  • Better UI and a dark theme
  • Speed and altitude filter on client

Here is the full changelog:

Changelog:

Client

• Better UI (lots of enhancement)
  • Persistent (and hookable) bearing/range Use Ctrl+Right click between targets
    • Not yet available for Bulls -> is coming in next version

[*]Altitude & Speed filters manageable by clients

[*]Add a dark theme

[*]Chat feature

• Between same coalition for controller
    • Chat with DCS pilot is coming wink.gif

[*]Item skin not save at closing

[*]Can change unit by clicking on top left bar unit name

[*]Avoid too much UI refresh in client

[*]Add option for label: "gs_short", display ground speed on 2 digit (too avoid confusion with altitude)

[*]Strange characters in 0.9.0 installer (when downloading relief DB)

[*]Replace TN# by TN (no #)

Server

• Respawned A/A unit with MIST are now correctly displayed
    • Same for all dynamic group created during the game

[*]IA wingmen for human pilot is now displayed

[*]optimisation of lua part, better and faster

[*]Manage correctly Open Beta and 1.2.7 (no more crash on launch)

[*]Be compatible with Servman See Server_FAQ

[*]Alternative package install with JSGME

Download

Here: Download

Next?

I am currently work hard on the ground/approach part that will be available with the 1.0.0. All maps will be updated and fixed with this version, and approach/taxi/ILS features will be available.

In parallel, pilots and controllers would be able to chat through DCS.

On server, a custom mode will let you choose how to configure the different LotAtc options.

hookable_braa.png

filters.png

MORE Screenshot here!

Update:

A small update for client and server, here the changelog for the 0.9.1-1:

• Client:
    • Full Chinese translation

[*]Server:

• Avoid LotAtc to be registered as user (block Servman pause)

See Download to get this update.

Update:

For DCS World > 1.2.8, use the new 0.9.1-3 update version!!!

See Download to get this update.

Edited by DArt

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the update, I love it! :thumbup:

Persistent and hookable BRAA

regards,

Fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This looks excellent!

With the ingame chat, it would be nice to be able to copy & paste BRAA to the chat with a single click.

So it would look like this:

ATC: Hey Jonesy, look out! <Su27 bearing 345, distance 20miles, angles 10> is closing in fast!

Would be nice if this could be a module buildt into DCS, so only mapmakers/servers could make it available, like CA. And be available to everybody on server/sides, instead of just those that have connection/teamspeak to ATC.

Maybe with just one active on each side, but everybody else could watch it like Map, if they have the module.

Edited by Buzpilot

i5 4670 - Sabertooth Z87- GTX Titan - Dell U3011 30" - 2x8GB RAM 1800 - Samsung 840 EVO 512GB SSD - Warthog HOTAS - CH Pro pedals - TrackIR5 - Win7 64bit

EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE :thumbup:

Hmm, this is new for me. What is LotAtc? I couldn't find it in the details. It looks very fancy. By reading the info given in this post i'm guessing it might have something to do with human ATC's, but i could be wrong.

Edited by BRooDJeRo

Would be nice if this could be a module buildt into DCS, so only mapmakers/servers could make it available, like CA. And be available to everybody on server/sides, instead of just those that have connection/teamspeak to ATC.

Maybe with just one active on each side, but everybody else could watch it like Map, if they have the module.

Hi Buzpilot,

The server part of LotAtc 4 DCS already is a module (technically speaking) and only servers (not mission makers) can decide to make LotAtc available (or not).

As for the rest, I must say I'm not sure to understand what you're asking for... Care to elaborate, perhaps?

Cheers :)

Az'

spacer.png

Hi Buzpilot,

The server part of LotAtc 4 DCS already is a module (technically speaking) and only servers (not mission makers) can decide to make LotAtc available (or not).

As for the rest, I must say I'm not sure to understand what you're asking for... Care to elaborate, perhaps?

Cheers :)

Az'

What you point out is the problem, the servers usually block luaexport, mainly to hide whats going on so users can't see how advanced players fly, with the Tackview.

Or it's simply blocked because it's possible to players to use advanced/selfmade programs to cheat.

And by doing this, LotAtc gets blocked too.

If this was a module (addon) inside DCS, it could still be used if Luaexport was blocked, i think. And optionally.

Edited by Buzpilot

i5 4670 - Sabertooth Z87- GTX Titan - Dell U3011 30" - 2x8GB RAM 1800 - Samsung 840 EVO 512GB SSD - Warthog HOTAS - CH Pro pedals - TrackIR5 - Win7 64bit

EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE :thumbup:

What you point out is the problem, the servers usually block luaexport, mainly to hide whats going on so users can't see how advanced players fly, with the Tackview.

And by doing this, LotAtc gets blocked too.

If this was a module (addon) inside DCS, it could still be used if Luaexport was blocked, i think. And optionally.

LotAtc does not use standard lua export and works if export is false ;)

So it can run on server without export :)

Hi Buzpilot,

What you describe is valid for older versions of LotAtc (pre-DCS era).

LotAtc 4 DCS is not an evolution of earlier software, DArt developped it from scratch. Of course, the purpose of the soft (ATC display) remains, so features look alike; but the core of the software being different, old limitations don't apply anymore.

As answered by DArt, LotAtc 4 DCS doesn't need the exports to be authorized.

OTOH, the server part of LotAtc 4 DCS will only work on the DCS server, meaning if you're a client, then you can't run your own LotAtc server anymore (there were complaints that is was a cheat possibility before, with older versions). If this is what bothers you, I'd suggest you contact the server admin and ask him/her to install LotAtc 4 DCS server.

That should be mentionned IMO for pilots when joining the server, that LotAtc is available. With default password, anyone can connect (an IP cross-check may be implemented later, so you cannot be a pilot and a controller at the same time), or the server can set its own LotAtc passwords, to restrain LotAtc use to a select handful of virtual ATCs.

Hope this helps :)

Cheers,

Az'

spacer.png

LotATC looks really awesome!

We plan to run a campaign going with LotATC for both sides, we would hold around 20 players and around 300 units for about 2 hours each time.

So i'm wondering the following if with LotATC running on the server with 2 clients on it:

1. Has it been tested for large activity?

2. I've seen a crash with 0.9.0 that said something about a memory issue, it only started after I started using LotATC, can it be that there is a memory leak?

3. Is there a way to make is as light as possible on the server?

4. Are there any known issues?

5. If a radar is destroyed in the mission, would it stop that same radar visibility that the ATC can see?

1. Yes, our squadron (DArt's and mine) organize LANs twice a year, with 20-25 pilots (mean figure); admitedly, our last LAN was tempered with DCS stability issues (1.2.6 version) so not so conclusive... but I'm confident :)

2. Unlikely IMO; most probable is that the problem lies within DCS; I've had numerous crashes with DCS "sans LotAtc" saying "something about a memory issue". Anyway, if you got anything specific, feel free to address your logs (dcs.log, dcs.crash, lotatc_server.log, lotatc_client.log) to DArt.

3. Can't tell; it's already light "all the time" AFAIK.

4. http://lotatc.dartsite.org/projects/lotatc/wiki/Features (*)

5. Yes of course (except in Arcade profile); read about it here.

(*) page to be updated, I'm late, sorry; two issues listed are fixed with 0.9.1 version:

• IA wingmen of Human leaders are not displayed. => fixed
  • Aircraft spawned via DCS's coalition.addGroup() function, or [addendum 26-11-2013] aircraft respawned via MIST function are not displayed => fixed

Cheers

Edited by Azrayen
  • Like 1

spacer.png

I just bought a license, and will start nagging at the different server admins to use this. :D

Nice! thx :thumbup: :D

2. I've seen a crash with 0.9.0 that said something about a memory issue, it only started after I started using LotATC, can it be that there is a memory leak?

3. Is there a way to make is as light as possible on the server?

Some additional things on correct Azrayen response (Thx to him) :)

My aim with the 0.x release was to build a light server with low resources need, great stability. The 0.9.1 is very optimized to use a few resources, but keep in mind that there is a lot of things to do for him:

• tracked all planes/vehicle/ship/helicopter on DCS (creation,destruction,player change...)
  • construct the radar area for 2 coalitions separately by find all radars, and for each unit, found which radar can see it by managing speed, altitude, relief
  • managed client connection with authentication, communication for updates and so on

Note that the server use less resources with arcade profile, because we see all units, and more resources with realist one (relief, real radar envelop).

Using 2 coalitions take 2 more times than only 1. If no clients connected, no filtering is made, so only tracking.

As far I know, nobody came to me yet with a performance issue (like take too much memory or too much CPU) but if there is, let me know, I do my best to be the lowest consumer of server resources :)

For bugs, the only bugs that could happens is on bad exit of clients, DCS crash and the 0.9.1 has a lot of fixes for that (compared to the 0.9.0). But as already knows, software with no bugs is not a software :) As for performance, do not hesitate to send me the logs and what happen, I try to do my best to fix them all! I have lot of contact with some members on this forum that help me to find any problems or send me suggestion to enhance LotAtc!

• 4 weeks later...

I have released a compatibility version (0.9.1-2) for DCS > 1.2.8 (currently the OpenBeta). No more features but fix for LotAtc options in DCS menu.

See there for more info: http://lotatc.dartsite.org/news/37

In parallel, lot of work for 1.0.0, it takes me lot of time, but lot of new features inside, stay tuned ;)

Client is the same for 0.9.1-1 and -2 and are compatible.