Warthog throttle problems

The throttle used to work fine but after the last update it's gone a bit wrong. I have it mapped to the slider on the TM warthog throttle and it won't do anything until I press pageup until it goes to full throttle. After this the slider works perfectly. I have deleted and reconfigured my keyboard and joystick controls with no change.

The throttle stop button was implemented in a recent update. I spent quite some time trying to figure out why the hell I cannot cold start the helo anymore...

I fiddled with the controls with a bit just now, and it seems that pressing the button doesn't allow the throttle axis to go over the stop in either direction. PgUp will always increase the throttle, but PgDn won't take it below idle, unless the button is pressed. Probably the throttle axis was designed to be like this in the sim, so that you have full range when the engine is running.

The button can be assigned to a controller. I had it assigned to the TM Warthog throttle, but had to look it up to verify - that's how much I've actually used it :)

Dear Shilka. I hate you so very very much. Love, Rex

• ED Team
axis movement only happens past the idle detent, that is by design.

some info here that may be relevant

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1952224&postcount=6

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=117921

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I knew that information was available somewhere, just couldn't find it... my forumsearch-fu is weak tonight.

I'd still prefer the throttle to go all the way if the button was pressed, though. Wouldn't waste much of the range either.

Dear Shilka. I hate you so very very much. Love, Rex

• 7 years later...
On 3/8/2014 at 10:32 PM, BIGNEWY said:

This must not have gotten converted from the old forum, so now the linked-to pages say: You do not have permission to view this topic

These links apparently explain the entire situation, but now that information is unavailable.

Can we get the correct links, please, or have the relevant information posted here instead?

Thank you 🤟

• Like 1

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1