@BST: When can we expect the Mi-8 manual to be available?

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will not be buying the Sabre or any future belsimtek product untill these products have a manual. I feel this is the only way to force these guys to finish it.

I'll do it the same way. So much non-final products (but release it and get the money) remember me to publishers like EA (BF4 for instance).

I like the Open Beta method, but I think also an Open Beta have to be finished ... or just get the Flight Manual.

regards,

Fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There are tons of threads and post of people saying "Give it to me now!, I don't care if it's finished!"

"Release it early! I want to fly it!"

"Give me the beta!!!, AGGGGhhhhh!!"

But then they do and the complaints continue...

I do agree the manual is well past due, I just find it interesting there are complaints no matter what.

I take the complaints as warranted in this case and must take responsibility for the delays. Currently working on getting this manual completed ASAP.

Nice to cu back here EvilBivol.

It sounds promising with the Flight Manual.

I know that You are not responsible for the coding and modelling, but can You shed som light on the following missing items:

(From the product page):

DCS: Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight is a highly realistic PC simulation of the Mi-8MTV2, a combat transport and fire support helicopter and an upgraded variant of one of the most widely produced helicopters in the world - the Russian Mi-8 (NATO reporting name ‘Hip'). Having serving in over 50 countries in a wide variety of models over the past 40 years, the Mi-8 is a revered veteran of countless military operations and civilian services around the world. Developed by Belsimtek and Eagle Dynamics, the team behind the hit title DCS: UH-1H Huey, DCS Mi-8MTV2 continues to deliver exceptional realism and immersive gameplay within the DCS World virtual battlefield.

The simulation features accurate modeling of all primary aircraft systems, avionics, and proper functionality of nearly all cockpit switches and controls. Flight and other dynamics are modeled using real-time physics calculations and carefully tuned using actual Mi-8MTV2 documentation and pilots deeply involved in development and testing. The result is not only the most realistic Mi-8 reproduction on the PC, but a comprehensive helicopter model that correctly presents complex dynamic effects particular to helicopter flight, such as: autorotation, vortex ring state (VRS), translational lift, and many others.

As part of the DCS World battlefield, you are placed in the cockpit of the Mi-8MTV2 to fly combat transport and support missions as the left pilot, right pilot or gunner. Equipped for close fire support, the helicopter can be armed with unguided rockets, gun pods, and on-board machine guns. In the transport role, a cargo of up to four tons can be carried internally or three tons on an external sling system to deliver and retrieve supplies in a wide variety of terrain and weather conditions. A series of single missions and a handcrafted, immersive campaign plunge you into the heat of battle in the DCS World battlefield of countless AI and a variety of player-controlled fighter and attack aircraft, helicopters, and ground units. Get online to play with or against other DCS players in a synthetic online battlefield.

A quickstart guide and interactive training help you get started quickly while the comprehensive Flight Manual details the helicopter's systems and operational procedures. A wide variety of gameplay options allows each player to tailor their difficulty level as required.

Key Features of DCS: Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight include:

• Unmatched flight physics providing the most realistic and dynamic conventional helicopter experience on the PC
  • Multiple player positions, including pilot, co-pilot, flight engineer, and door gunner
  • Accurate and highly detailed 3D cockpit featuring six-degrees-of-freedom technology compatible with head-tracking devices
  • Interactive cockpit controls that allow you to operate systems using the mouse
  • Accurate modeling of the Mi-8MTV2 instruments, weapons, engines, radios, fuel, electrical, and hydraulic systems
  • Highly detailed Mi-8MTV2 external 3D model, liveries, and weapons
  • Accurate audio environment based on custom Mi-8MTV2 sound samples
  • Immersive, handcrafted campaign with a variety of transport and fire support missions
  • Training with interactive and video lessons
  • Multiplayer coop mode for crew members of the same helicopter under development for a later update
  • Developed in close cooperation with actual Mi-8MTV2 operators

back on top ^

Mi-8MTV2 - General Design and Mission Overview

The Mi-8MTV2 is designed to enhance the mobility of ground forces and provide fire support on the battlefield.

The primary missions performed by the helicopter include:

• Tactical air assault
  • Air mobility of ground forces
  • Transport of internal and external cargo
  • Destruction of ground targets on the forward edge of the battle area (FEBA) and within tactical depth, such as: infantry, lightly armored vehicles, anti-tank positions, artillery, radar and reconnaissance positions, anti-aircraft defense positions, forward command posts, helicopters and other aircraft positioned on the ground
  • Airborne reconnaissance
  • Airborne mine placement
  • Search and rescue
  • Medical evacuation

The internal and external payload of the helicopter can be configured as required to perform the above missions, including fitting of armament, additional fuel tanks, internal and externally slung cargo, medical stretchers, etc.

The helicopter can be operated in daytime or nighttime and under visual or instrument meteorological conditions.

The crew consists of three members: the Pilot-Commander, Pilot-Navigator, and Flight Engineer.

The text highlightet in red are features still missing.

Looking int the files, it's clear that no real progress has been mad for almost 6 month.

What are the plans ?

Note that I don´t ask for a firm release date, but rather some words on what to expect in terms of progress and timeframe.

I think we deserve som info.

Best regards

FinnJ

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

I do agree the manual is well past due, I just find it interesting there are complaints no matter what.

It's not the method, BST using about I complain. I like both methods - the Open Beta as well as the "finished method", like Leatherneck Simulation do.

But I think there is a difference between an early Open Beta with open issues and an Open Beta with missing parts for about one year.

And it isn't only the Flight Manual, and not only the Mi-8MTV2 ...

kind regards,

Fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I just think we're a bit worried that, since doing work you've already been paid for kinda sucks, the released modules won't get the attention they deserve.

I can see how you, as a company, would prefer to get new stuff to the market, but please don't forget about the stuff in beta. I hate to say it, but I wasn't very excited when I heard about the upcoming MiG-15; all I thought was "please finish my Mi-8 first"...

Win10 x64 | SSDs | i5 2500K @ 4.4 GHz | 16 GB RAM | GTX 970 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pedals | TIR5

It's not the method, BST using about I complain. I like both methods - the Open Beta as well as the "finished method", like Leatherneck Simulation do.

But I think there is a difference between an early Open Beta with open issues and an Open Beta with missing parts for about one year.

And it isn't only the Flight Manual, and not only the Mi-8MTV2 ...

Guys you have right, after many long month to wait today no manual, and this module is always not finish.

Is it possible to have a few answers from BST ?

Thanks, Skull.

Well, i do agree with the latests comment and do feel the same.

However it has been mentionned that the guy which was in charge of this, was away for quite a long time due to personnal issue. This is something i can understand.

I hope the module will get finished soon, since i will not purchase any BST product unless we get the mi8.

Currently working on getting this manual completed ASAP.

Didn't we hear this four months ago? What exactly is going to make the next four months any different from the last? Or are you just going to go silent again, and feed us the same story in January?

Honestly, at this point, I just want the manual so I can convince myself the module is "complete," and then move on and be done with Belsimtek.

Didn't we hear this four months ago? What exactly is going to make the next four months any different from the last? Or are you just going to go silent again, and feed us the same story in January?

Honestly, at this point, I just want the manual so I can convince myself the module is "complete," and then move on and be done with Belsimtek.

It's not easy to write a manual. It takes time and effort. But I feel you. This whole experience ruined it for me. I am really considering not to buy anything that is in Beta from anyone (except maybe ED itself). And even if they take the Beta label out I will still wait many months and check if they support it properly before buying anything again. Huey is out of Beta but the manual is still not finished, the lights panel not implemented yet etc.

I am almost at a point where it must be a plain or heli that I really want it badly and it must be on a really good sale price to make me buy another beta from anyone again. I even passed on the Sabre and Dora at the flash sale.

Maybe things will turn out to be good after all. Only time will tell.

Nice to cu back here EvilBivol.

It sounds promising with the Flight Manual.

I know that You are not responsible for the coding and modelling, but can You shed som light on the following missing items:

(From the product page):

DCS: Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight is a highly realistic PC simulation of the Mi-8MTV2, a combat transport and fire support helicopter and an upgraded variant of one of the most widely produced helicopters in the world - the Russian Mi-8 (NATO reporting name ‘Hip'). Having serving in over 50 countries in a wide variety of models over the past 40 years, the Mi-8 is a revered veteran of countless military operations and civilian services around the world. Developed by Belsimtek and Eagle Dynamics, the team behind the hit title DCS: UH-1H Huey, DCS Mi-8MTV2 continues to deliver exceptional realism and immersive gameplay within the DCS World virtual battlefield.

The simulation features accurate modeling of all primary aircraft systems, avionics, and proper functionality of nearly all cockpit switches and controls. Flight and other dynamics are modeled using real-time physics calculations and carefully tuned using actual Mi-8MTV2 documentation and pilots deeply involved in development and testing. The result is not only the most realistic Mi-8 reproduction on the PC, but a comprehensive helicopter model that correctly presents complex dynamic effects particular to helicopter flight, such as: autorotation, vortex ring state (VRS), translational lift, and many others.

As part of the DCS World battlefield, you are placed in the cockpit of the Mi-8MTV2 to fly combat transport and support missions as the left pilot, right pilot or gunner. Equipped for close fire support, the helicopter can be armed with unguided rockets, gun pods, and on-board machine guns. In the transport role, a cargo of up to four tons can be carried internally or three tons on an external sling system to deliver and retrieve supplies in a wide variety of terrain and weather conditions. A series of single missions and a handcrafted, immersive campaign plunge you into the heat of battle in the DCS World battlefield of countless AI and a variety of player-controlled fighter and attack aircraft, helicopters, and ground units. Get online to play with or against other DCS players in a synthetic online battlefield.

A quickstart guide and interactive training help you get started quickly while the comprehensive Flight Manual details the helicopter's systems and operational procedures. A wide variety of gameplay options allows each player to tailor their difficulty level as required.

Key Features of DCS: Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight include:

• Unmatched flight physics providing the most realistic and dynamic conventional helicopter experience on the PC
  • Multiple player positions, including pilot, co-pilot, flight engineer, and door gunner
  • Accurate and highly detailed 3D cockpit featuring six-degrees-of-freedom technology compatible with head-tracking devices
  • Interactive cockpit controls that allow you to operate systems using the mouse
  • Accurate modeling of the Mi-8MTV2 instruments, weapons, engines, radios, fuel, electrical, and hydraulic systems
  • Highly detailed Mi-8MTV2 external 3D model, liveries, and weapons
  • Accurate audio environment based on custom Mi-8MTV2 sound samples
  • Immersive, handcrafted campaign with a variety of transport and fire support missions
  • Training with interactive and video lessons
  • Multiplayer coop mode for crew members of the same helicopter under development for a later update
  • Developed in close cooperation with actual Mi-8MTV2 operators

back on top ^

Mi-8MTV2 - General Design and Mission Overview

The Mi-8MTV2 is designed to enhance the mobility of ground forces and provide fire support on the battlefield.

The primary missions performed by the helicopter include:

• Tactical air assault
  • Air mobility of ground forces
  • Transport of internal and external cargo
  • Destruction of ground targets on the forward edge of the battle area (FEBA) and within tactical depth, such as: infantry, lightly armored vehicles, anti-tank positions, artillery, radar and reconnaissance positions, anti-aircraft defense positions, forward command posts, helicopters and other aircraft positioned on the ground
  • Airborne reconnaissance
  • Airborne mine placement
  • Search and rescue
  • Medical evacuation

The internal and external payload of the helicopter can be configured as required to perform the above missions, including fitting of armament, additional fuel tanks, internal and externally slung cargo, medical stretchers, etc.

The helicopter can be operated in daytime or nighttime and under visual or instrument meteorological conditions.

The crew consists of three members: the Pilot-Commander, Pilot-Navigator, and Flight Engineer.

The text highlightet in red are features still missing.

Looking int the files, it's clear that no real progress has been mad for almost 6 month.

What are the plans ?

Note that I don´t ask for a firm release date, but rather some words on what to expect in terms of progress and timeframe.

I think we deserve som info.

Best regards

FinnJ

I too would like to know the answers to these questions

and a

+1 for please give us the manual soon , it is what is preventing me from buying the sabre

Sling load is in development and actually partially implemented (wire and load can connect to the helicopter, but overall feature is still WIP).

Crew chief gunnery and door gunners are still planned, but we want to implement them properly when multiplayer coop technology is ready in DCS, which is also now under development by ED. This is not something BST can do independently. We did implement a workable solution for the Huey and its actually partly based on that experience that we feel it now makes more sense to develop these features in step with the improved capabilities being prepared for DCS World multiplayer.

The language in the General Design and Mission Overview section is not a feature list, but part of the helicopter description taken from the manual (!). So I would hesitate to say that minelaying or medevac with stretchers are necessarily planned features, but when DCS has improved infantry models and can better support such gameplay elements, I think we will revisit them and consider the possibilities of implementation.

Edited by EvilBivol-1

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

No, I think we'll have the manual out next week. I was originally going to say this week, but that's probably not very likely and I don't want to end up with my foot in my mouth (again). If there are any further delays, we'll at least provide a working draft so you know it's in progress.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

Thanks EB! Much appreciated.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Thansk alot for Your feedback EvilBivol-1.

The latest update did onyl include the autopilot fix, but it´s nice to see You back here and comment on some of the still missing features.

FinnJ

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

Great news, thanks EB.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

No, I think we'll have the manual out next week. I was originally going to say this week, but that's probably not very likely and I don't want to end up with my foot in my mouth (again). If there are any further delays, we'll at least provide a working draft so you know it's in progress.

Thanks for the info! I can't wait to sink my teeth into this one. :) (and the F-86, of course)