@BST: When can we expect the Mi-8 manual to be available?

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm here, werking at it.

Excellent news.

I'm really looking forward to diving into the campaign, but I'll been holding off until the manual's made available.

Now I might just wait until the manual AND EDGE become available. :)

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

No, I think we'll have the manual out next week. I was originally going to say this week, but that's probably not very likely and I don't want to end up with my foot in my mouth (again). If there are any further delays, we'll at least provide a working draft so you know it's in progress.

What are the new plans for releasing a draft or final version of the manual?

Probably right around the time its ready....

When can we expect the Mi-8 manual to be available?

Even if it is not the final version - but it would help immensely to get to know the Hip better .....

(Please no replies here like "Soon" or "When it's ready". I get a moderator to delete it as spam - I am dead serious.)

I guess, the last sentence is moot in this case?

Anyhow, my latest experience in this thread was that sarcasm is frowned upon. So please don't push it ... or entice me. Thanks. :o)

• ED Team
I guess, the last sentence is moot in this case?

Anyhow, my latest experience in this thread was that sarcasm is frowned upon. So please don't push it ... or entice me. Thanks. :o)

It wasnt sarcastic, its purely fact, that when he is ready to release it, he will, asking over and over again wont help answers magically appear.... creating a manual, and checking it for content and etc is a pretty heavy duty project... fact is, soon as its ready to be released it will be... no sarcasm there.

PS:

1.3. - Administrative actions against forum members are not subject to public discussion.

Edited by NineLine

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• 2 weeks later...

By EvilBivol-1

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2199723&postcount=34

Just want to chip in here quickly. We indeed built up some ground to make up and we do see the signs of frustration. We will not leave any of our products "hanging" with major incomplete features. By major features I mean whole elements like training missions and manuals. These will be completed and updated where necessary. Some code features like AI gunners, sling loads or engine overheat are by their nature more fluid and difficult to pin down, but still I believe we will accomplish all of our goals and planned features. Ultimately our stake is in producing quality products and even if with some growing pains, we will work to meet the standards we set for ourselves and we know you expect of us.

This year has turned out particularly challenging in that we ended up falling behind on some key features while making unusually quick progress on developing numerous technologies, modules, and projects. On the one hand it's very exciting to see DCS technology and product variety develop at this faster pace, on the other hand it further extended our deficit. We are making adjustments (for example now have more hired staff to work on document translation) and will complete everything we set out to.

• 2 weeks later...

Good to hear that this is finally being addressed.

Still desperately looking forward to the proper Mi-8 manual. I try really hard to be patient and upbeat, but it's been over a year since I bought the Mi-8 and I'm starting to get pretty frustrated at still not having enough documentation to be able to understand and perform basic functionality such as navigation.

I'm hugely impressed with Belsimtek and really want to see them continuing to develop and release excellent modules, but the lack of documentation is a massive frustration for me.

I appreciate that I'm unlikely to get an answer on this, but is there any possibility of ballpark release date for the full English manual?

Pretty please.

• Like 1

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

Good to hear that this is finally being addressed.

I appreciate that I'm unlikely to get an answer on this, but is there any possibility of ballpark release date for the full English manual?

Pretty please.

I agree with all of this. I also would really, really like to have some idea of when the manual, even a rough copy, might be available.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I agree with all of this. I also would really, really like to have some idea of when the manual, even a rough copy, might be available.

+1

It would seem that someone did in fact end up with his foot in his mouth...

I´m gonna spare you my (unconstructive end user) thoughts on this subject...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

We are working in the combat employment section now, everything else has been translated. Will still need some editing, proofing and formatting work after the translation itself is done, but it's getting completed.

Excellent. Thanks a lot for the update, EB. Much appreciated. :thumbup:

Thanks for the update.

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

We are working in the combat employment section now, everything else has been translated. Will still need some editing, proofing and formatting work after the translation itself is done, but it's getting completed.

Wonderful, I appreciate your update! Thx

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

• 2 weeks later...

Update please!!!

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: