Can the A10 weapons be changed

Hi having now stopped the reds in there 1st advance (A10 mission campaigne)

it would be easyier to twatt the little bastard in the corn feild if I had more infra red mavs. As a newbie with out a working zoom( in or out) I realy need that one for the shuika I had to land 4-5 times lol to re arm

1 can we arm ourselves before take off ( i'd like to go with nothing but Mav's )

I love watching the kills on the (tele Screen)..lol

Well, click on your flight inside the mission editor, and press PAYLOAD.

This will open payload editor.

You need to create NEW payload, type in new name for it, and then edit all the pylons. You can take up to eight IR guided Mavs as far I remember.

At the end remember to press SAVE inside the payload editor to save your setting! That's very important. Then press regular save in the mission editor, to save the changed campaign file and press FLY.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Well, click on your flight inside the mission editor, and press PAYLOAD.

This will open payload editor.

You need to create NEW payload, type in new name for it, and then edit all the pylons. You can take up to eight IR guided Mavs as far I remember.

At the end remember to press SAVE inside the payload editor to save your setting! That's very important. Then press regular save in the mission editor, to save the changed campaign file and press FLY.

Nice one my freind thanks for the quick responce ...its a bloody good game is it not

Regards dodger.

.....Ps its proberbly out there somewere but can you point me dir: to ingame zoom probs cant map in profile

Nice one my freind thanks for the quick responce ...its a bloody good game is it not

Regards dodger.

.....Ps its proberbly out there somewere but can you point me dir: to ingame zoom probs cant map in profile

Well, yes it is!

I don't quite understand what kind of "zoom" you need to map.

There's telescreen zoom for IR mavs controlled by [-] [=] keys,

there are incockpit zoom change (field of view) keys on numeric keyboard [grey /] [grey *] which can be also mapped to a slider or rotator on your joystick,

and there is zoom change (field of view) for external views only [CTRL]+[grey /] and [CTRL]+[grey *]

Edit: Check "Lock On\Doc" folder for KeyCommands.doc file.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

It's the view when the pilot looks out cockpit I was watching a A10 training video where he went looking for a sam site to make it fire on him Just to give his position away..(can you belive that) after the sam fired 4 times he went in and took it out.. but i'll copy these controls and try them ....thanks again

.. where he went looking for a sam site to make it fire on him Just to give his position away..(can you belive that)...

No, I can't, that would never happen, unleas it's a very stupid SAM crew ;)

Never forget that World War III was not Cold for most of us.

Dodger- for what it's worth- I have cockpit zoom assigned within the SST software to Rotary 1. 3 bands - a zoom in slow, a dead zone, and a zoom out slow. I realize this is easy for me to say, because I use a track IR. Seriously- I highly encourage the TRACK IR- this not only completes the simulation with natural head movement, but it frees up your X45 to handle more important stuff.

You CAN map the rotary to zoom as an axis- BUT- it has a terrible twitching that will stop with constant adjustment of the rotary.. VERY annoying.

Recommend you set it up this way instead...

rotary%20mapping.JPG

As for the training video I watched and it s on the forum somewhere I downloaded it, & I cant locate it again but he clearly went looking for something that fired at him at 10,000ft 4 times, prehaps it was'nt a sam ?? do SAM's have more that 4 missiles was it that little bugger in the corn feilds..lol does he only have 4 missiles

It was Rich Ironhand's "Strela" training track.. Strela's are dangerous because they do not use a radar to lock you up. (no RWR warning) If you are in it's engagement range before seeing it- you literally would have to see the smoke of the missile coming at you in order to avoid it.

Use your MAV-D's as thermal binoculars by scanning around looking for hot spots.

edit- found the post that has the MOVIE (converted from the track)

http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=13096&highlight=strela+track

Yes, they would eventualy reload.. it should take them 10+ minutes, but:

1) when they know their main strenght is that they can only be spotted is to see it launched, they would never attack when they are in your field of view. So, to detect it this way you would need two aircraft - one to atract their attension and one to fly a few miles behind and above to see the action. And if their task is to protect something, they wouldn't engage until it really needs protection.

2) they would never use up all their missiles in that way. It's like those fight scenes in movies where 20 guys attack one guy, but they pacently wait their turn. If no. 1 fails, they would send no. 2 and a few moments after that no. 3, not waiting for num 2 to hit/miss. And if that fails, they would save 4 for the absolute last moment

;)

Never forget that World War III was not Cold for most of us.

I exclusively use the Mav-D model. It has a range of 10NM plus the magnification feature. The "K" model has a range of 3NM. You could be easily dead flying within 3NM of a combat zone with those nasty, sneaky, hidden threats. The A10 has a load out of 6 Mav Ds.

GX

You shouldn't be carrying more than 4 or 6 Mavs on an A-10.

The A-10 can only carry 6 in real life on pylons 3 ad 9 ... and typically doesn't carry more than 2 due to drag issues.

Of course this is a game and you can do whatever, but ... just keep your custom payloads with 'loads of mavs' off online servers ... learn to do things right ... like bombing from high altitude or planning aproaches and structured target search ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

That's right Cobra ... have been asking for it but there are a few reasons why it didn't happen, one being reluctance to mod the meinit at this point (you can only carry 2 of those big mavs due to weight restrictions on the LAU-88) ... I'd have loved to have the K availabel as a bunker/ship buster. Don't worry, it'll happen.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda